Photos of my Charity Box

Hope you enjoy the Description Jeff! :laughing: I always enjoy your subject and description posts.

Anyway here is my charity box I just finished. I will get some better pictures during the day after I get the display up. Bought this lockbox off ebay and is very tough. I dug a hole about 1'5 feet (my ground is very hard and rocky, not fun) and then pounded a large 3' stake into the ground so the top was below the ground surface. I then used many clamps to clamp it to the fence pole. I then clamped rebar going in two different directions and then covered the whole thing back up. It is pretty solid.

If anybody really wanted to steal it though, they could use a pipe cutter and have it in about 30 seconds.

Also I plan on putting a "Display Information" box right above the charity box that will give facts about the display and information about Make a Wish. I will also have a section that says "Guess whats new! See if you can figure out everything that is new in our display. The Answer key is upside down at the bottom of the page." Should be a fun game for the families to plan who came to my display last year.

wishbox-01.jpg

wishbox-02.jpgwishbox-021.jpg

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Nice signage. Did you print that yourself or have it done? (I'm talking about the labeling on the box.)

I made it and printed it on my laser printer. I print it on outdoor vinyl type sticker paper that you can buy from onlinelabels.com

I then spray a few coats with a few coats of fixative from the craft store. Holds up really well under the weather. You can get it totally soaked and still looks great. Works good for making your own bumper stickers! :)

OK, here's my donation boxes. I use 2 of them. One is a storage bin on the ground wher epoeple drop off food. The locking mailbox is used to collect money which we pass on to the church during our Sunday morning tithings.

The locking lid mailbox that I got at Home Desperate, and I also bought the fancy metal post there as well and screwed the mailbox tot he metal post.

I used a Dremel to carve outa slot on the back where I bolted a padlock ring from inside the mailbox. Now the whole box and post is locked to the real mailbox post, and my sign, and my 8 mini trees.

post-2688-129571013458_thumb.jpg

jeffostroff wrote:

I gotta get up to CT some day. Richard, a little diversion here. On your web site I love those snow flakes, I'm trying to find some like that in blue for my site. where did you get them?

I am not sure where I found them. I found the single snowflake somewhere on the internet and then used them to make that background. I have a photoshop file I made where you can just change th background color to whatever you want.

Here it is.

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/photos/snowflakes-bk.psd

Feel free to use it if you want.

Well It was the first night with the voice overs talking about the Charity Box. Collected $12 and some change. All in Ones. It was raining and about 20% of my display was not working because I had 3 GFIs that keep tripping.

bowenrichard wrote:

I checked out your webcam this morning, "wow lots of snow". No rush but do you believe you have your 2007 video's up soon?

I have 8 6' artificial trees that I am wrapping to put out before I do my video. So far I have 3 done and 5 more to go. I plan on spending the next few hours to get them done.

Then I also plan on wrapping my columns in lights also but those should go pretty fast. Last night I was up on my ladder hanging up a 4' wreath and a couple of smaller ones.

I plan on shooting some video sometime next week.

I would like to try and do it when it is windy beause it looks awesome when the trees are swaying all over the place!

bowenrichard wrote:

What new song are you planning on adding?

I only have 4 songs right now playing and only one of them is new. It is a upbeat version of music box dancer.

I spent a lot more time than I thought I was going to spend outside putting the display up. Because of this I have not been able to spend a lot of time sequencing. Next year I am not going to add anything new to the display and just focus on sequencing.

I just went out and looked at some leaping arches. Really neat. Are your arches 10' or 20' long. Does each of the 9 sections have a 25' string on it?

My yard is getting smaller and smaller. I need to sell my house and buy one with a bigger yard.