LED's Failing quick

All,

This is the second year I have used LED's. All are the Holiday Creations from Lowe's. The sets from this year and also last years are failing. The blue C7 style are failing along with the Tear drop style. I also had one red go out making half the string dark. I hope this is just a fluke and not the norm I have high hopes for this type of holiday lighting. Any of you have this same trouble?

Straying over from blowmolds to LED's.

Merry Christmas

Chad

Chad

I haven't had any troubles with the LED's so far....I have a mixture of types and from different makers... I will keep an eye out....

On another forum some one was having trouble with squirrels...might there be another explanition for the lights going out...Just a thought

Tom

Ozark,MO

Hi. New member here from Orlando. First posting. I have run into problems with the LED strings as well. It seems like the connection inside the in line "transformer" on the string can be easily broken if the string is handled too roughly.

I might not have as large a display as most of you ,but I have 3000 led lights for my display. They range from Danson, Noma to Holiday Creations brands.

I had at least 40 sets fail last Christmas,anywheres from single leds failing to whole halfs of sets, some sets went dim

I live in Atlantic Canada where we live along the coast .Some of my outside led sets look as if water seeped in around the lens and the socket,which supposed to be waterproof.Where the water looks to have penetrated it looks black inside.I sure hope improvements are made in the construction of them.I have spent alot of money on switching to these lights.But it pays to keep your reciepts, I was able to return thedefective ones for new.

THis year I seem to be starting all over with the same problems.

Daniel

http://community.webshots.com/user/danielwh

to see my christmas light display click 2005 light display link on first page that comes up from the link above,some pics are blurry

I've done my townhouse in LED lights from lowes. The Forever Bright Lights brand. 70 lights in about 23 feet. So far I love them! I've not had any issues with them and we've gone through some wind and a bunch of rain in the last couple of days.

I also love the colors. The yellow seems a little week, but man, the blue and red are awesome. I've got some multi-color strands and then some all blue strands around the flower beds. The blues get a "oooh" everytime someone see's them for the first time.

Now I'm looking at converting my lighted 'reindeer' from white miniatures to LED's

edit: Ok, so I'm a doofus. On the bottom of my box it says Holiday Creations so mine are all theirs as well and are working (at least for the moment). sigh.

I am now back at my Home in Nova Scotia. When I returned home I immediatly noticed that I had 2 sets of blue LED lights half out. one set was the mini ice ones from NOMA,the other was a C6 style from Holiday Creations both of 70 lights

I also have a set of 35 true green ones that now have 3 leds out, and another set of green 70 with 2 out.

Daniel

I wonder if its related to the cold/weather issues? We've had a relatively mild year so far here, upper 20's is the coldest its gotten and no snow/ice. <knocking on wood> all of mine are still doing ok. but I only have about 800 or so up

I inherited 3 sets of led lights yesterday from someone who had them fail. THese ones were bought from Walmart 2 years ago. they are the C6 type tha t the leds could be removed

I think the failure of thes is the same thing happening to the new sealed ones.

water is somehow finding its way into the sealed housing

post-925-129570947676_thumb.jpg

Just a newbie here, and I don't have any LEDs, but looking at the pictures, I might try putting a dab of "No-Ox" in the socket. It's used to keep aluminum wiring from corroding in copper connectors. I don't know if it might effect the plastic housing, but if you've got a throwaway string -- it might be worth a try. Should be available at Lowes / Home Depot / etc.