Jump to content
Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
PCguy

Do those light show boxes from target and wal mart work decent?

Recommended Posts

I dont know how I missed this post but I will also give my 2 cents worth. I purchased 2 of them last year, mine are good for 1800 watts. I would have to add the lights up to see what I am actually running from just one of them , but it does my front and side yard, with very few LEDs on that one. I have a meter attatched to the outlet that it is plugged into and it will spike 21 or 22 amps for a split second and hasnt popped a breaker yet.

The music is more than plenty loud and I have it 1/2 turned up.

I live in some cold weather , last night being -10 and I had no problem with it freezing up.

I would highly recomment these to anyone wanting to get there feet wet with animation.

Here is a video of my display.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ideoArches.flv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peggy13 wrote:

I dont know how I missed this post but I will also give my 2 cents worth. I purchased 2 of them last year, mine are good for 1800 watts. I would have to add the lights up to see what I am actually running from just one of them , but it does my front and side yard, with very few LEDs on that one. I have a meter attatched to the outlet that it is plugged into and it will spike 21 or 22 amps for a split second and hasnt popped a breaker yet.

The music is more than plenty loud and I have it 1/2 turned up.

I live in some cold weather , last night being -10 and I had no problem with it freezing up.

I would highly recomment these to anyone wanting to get there feet wet with animation.

Here is a video of my display.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...ideoArches.flv

Looks great! I used 3 channels on my arches as well, but mine are more like an upside-down "U" Don't know why I didn't think to arch them more like yours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)I have 2 light and sounds christmas controllers also. 1 from last year and this year I bought another. I have the plain ones not the deluxe ones. I got another one because i built a 20 ft. mega tree, with 4500 lights. I have half green and half red.The green stay lit all the time and I have the red plugged into the 2 first channels on the box.It looks pretty awesome!I cannot get the same song to play at the same time, thats the only problem I have. I wish they would!!! I just have the music turned up on one. The units are suppose to be just alike and they do have the same songs, but I think the one from last yearblinks to the music better than the new one. I think the Mr Christmas is great.I will post pics when I get totake some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shirlR. wrote:

:)I have 2 light and sounds christmas controllers also. 1 from last year and this year I bought another. I have the plain ones not the deluxe ones. I got another one because i built a 20 ft. mega tree, with 4500 lights. I have half green and half red.The green stay lit all the time and I have the red plugged into the 2 first channels on the box.It looks pretty awesome!I cannot get the same song to play at the same time, thats the only problem I have. I wish they would!!! I just have the music turned up on one. The units are suppose to be just alike and they do have the same songs, but I think the one from last yearblinks to the music better than the new one. I think the Mr Christmas is great.I will post pics when I get totake some.

Thanks for the input, I am trying to run down a Deluxe one, it be best for me, I need all the lengh in the plug ins as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the good thing if you get a deluxe at costco is the return policy of costco if it breaks NEXT year you will have no problem returning it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCguy wrote:

Thanks for the input, I am trying to run down a Deluxe one, it be best for me, I need all the lengh in the plug ins as I can.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about there... Extention cords work just fine! I used 6- 6 foot cords (household type with the tripple tap) to come out of the box. I numbered the ends so I knew what was what. Then ran cords 3 different directions from all 6 channels! A conservitave estimate, I have about 450 feet of cords hooked to mine. I thought I had a LOT of cords, and I ended up buying about 12 more 15' and 12 more 6', then bought a 250' spool of SPT1 to use with some vampire plugs I had. ( I still have plenty of large and orange cords left, but my lawn was starting to look more like haloween with all the orange!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vegas taco wrote:

the good thing if you get a deluxe at costco is the return policy of costco if it breaks NEXT year you will have no problem returning it

Well I am looking into it, do you have a link to costco where its at? i can not find it on the site.

Don't you have to be a member for costco to get in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Rose wrote:

PCguy wrote:

I'm not sure what the fuss is about there... Extention cords work just fine! I used 6- 6 foot cords (household type with the tripple tap) to come out of the box. I numbered the ends so I knew what was what. Then ran cords 3 different directions from all 6 channels! A conservitave estimate, I have about 450 feet of cords hooked to mine. I thought I had a LOT of cords, and I ended up buying about 12 more 15' and 12 more 6', then bought a 250' spool of SPT1 to use with some vampire plugs I had. ( I still have plenty of large and orange cords left, but my lawn was starting to look more like haloween with all the orange!)

well it takes 100 foot to get to my front yard from my power sorce, and so those cords are used for my static lights, then one of those would be used up for the ligh box. then I have one 50 foot, one 25 foot a 12 foot 3 way and two more about 8 foot 3 way plugs already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no link to costco i think it is in store only and yes you do have to be a member but membership fees are refundable in full anytime duringthe year i was in my local costco yesterday and they had about 40 of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vegas taco wrote:

no link to costco i think it is in store only and yes you do have to be a member but membership fees are refundable in full anytime duringthe year i was in my local costco yesterday and they had about 40 of them

Darn it, well Its about a hour from me but I would drive it to get the deluxe model. but kinda not worth buying membership and not use it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got one this year. It's a G.E. the lights and sounds of christmas. It says pro line on the box. I'm use to the icicle lights just hanging quietly on the house. When I plugged them into the box they came to life. Got mine setting on the front porch and you can still hear it out to the road. Love it. I have mine set where all the lights go with the music at the same time. For someone use to just plain lights like me these are awsome. Of course in my small town every once in a while someone will ask how do you do that. I say I have my nephew around the corner of the house pluging and unplugging the lights at the beat of the music. Here's your sign.:laughing:

DUB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dub wrote:

I got one this year. It's a G.E. the lights and sounds of christmas. It says pro line on the box. I'm use to the icicle lights just hanging quietly on the house. When I plugged them into the box they came to life. Got mine setting on the front porch and you can still hear it out to the road. Love it. I have mine set where all the lights go with the music at the same time. For someone use to just plain lights like me these are awsome. Of course in my small town every once in a while someone will ask how do you do that. I say I have my nephew around the corner of the house pluging and unplugging the lights at the beat of the music. Here's your sign.:laughing:

DUB

LOL thats funny. I noticed on the simple one that on the bottom it looked like a headphone plug was on the bottom, ( i couldnt pick it up to look they had it screwed down) i was wondering whats that plug for? the specker or what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCguy wrote:

LOL thats funny. I noticed on the simple one that on the bottom it looked like a headphone plug was on the bottom, ( i couldnt pick it up to look they had it screwed down) i was wondering whats that plug for? the specker or what

That's for a "store display" There's a button that they use that times it to run for a little while then turn off automatically. There's warnings to NOT plug anything into that connector. I think a PC member tried and fried something inside, if I remember right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Rose wrote:

PCguy wrote:

That's for a "store display" There's a button that they use that times it to run for a little while then turn off automatically. There's warnings to NOT plug anything into that connector. I think a PC member tried and fried something inside, if I remember right.

Oh, I thought it might be for the specker or something. Well I can not find the deluxe anywhere, Walmart online has them for $59 the first one, and looks only costco has the deluxe model. it seems either you love it or hate it from the people on here, maybe a few are not that great out of the box, I understan anyone can make a bad something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCguy wrote:

vegas taco wrote:

Darn it, well Its about a hour from me but I would drive it to get the deluxe model. but kinda not worth buying membership and not use it?

membership is fully refundable at any time for any reason so you could refund it that day the next day or 360 days from the day you bought it maybe find a friend that has a membership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PCguy wrote:

Well I can not find the deluxe anywhere,

E-Bay it. I did with no problems. Works great in the cold.

http://tinyurl.com/2jl55y

These are the people I bought mine from and had no problems. They shipped within 2 hours of getting my payment. Even sent me the tracking number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vegas taco wrote:

the good thing if you get a deluxe at costco is the return policy of costco if it breaks NEXT year you will have no problem returning it

Why would they return it next year? I thought the warranty was only for 90 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jetmech1206 wrote:

Peggy How many lights are you running on your arches?

Jet I am using only 300 on each arch. 100 of each color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

peggy costco has the best return policy of any store they have cut back on it with tvs computers etc because of abuse some would basically rent a item then return it months laterbut most things you will have no problem returning there even a year after purchase

from costco.com

Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vegas taco wrote:

maybe you should just shell out the big bucks and get LOR?

I am, 64 channels, would have got it this year but it was to late and they are not shipping for 2-3 weeks so I would not have had it in time for Christmas. Going to wait for the when they go on sale and pick it up for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...