New Sequencer/Scheduler!

everyone seems to understand what i am referring to in reference to having certain channels with different timings set but i have not got a straight answer from the people who use it. The bottom line is can you visually have boxes 1-12 a full second long and boxes 13-24 lets say in tenths of a second. So on some cells i can have the actual beat of the song andother cells making my mega tree spin. To date i have not seen that offered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can do that, see screen shot below. The first channels are set for one second on.

The next set of channels are set for 1/10th second each to spin the tree (I've set it for 1/10th second per channel for ten channels), but you can break it up further and have 20 channels each at 1/10th second each or any combination you want)

post-5492-129571020258_thumb.jpg

The blue line was a selection marker, not an intensity event. Had an intensity event been there it would not have been truncated (you would not have to re-place it).

There are some plans in place that might handle this case better. None of what I'm about to say has been finalized yet, so it is just speculation at this point...

The current favored plan is to have the option available when splitting cells to "lock" the split to the parent timing marks (it will be an option in the split dialog). Then when the parent marks are moved the child split will auto-resize. Child timing marks will be represented in a different color (probably gray) than the white parent marks.

There is also some discussion about adding a color property to the timing marks.

Here is the current cell split dialog to give an idea of the current functionality to put the above discussion into context:

cell_split.png

I just have to ask you one more ? cause as u can see this is very important to me to make sure this software does what i want it to. So what you are telling me is that if i go in end set the beat of the song i can then for instance go back and make 10 seconds of the song in tenths of a second and not lose the beats that i had already programmed. They will not shorten at all they will stay the same???????????

This...

splitevents_before.jpg

...becomes...

splitevents_after.jpg

I apologize- I think I initially misunderstood your question. When you mentioned "beats" I was thinking of the "event lines" (timing markers)and not the "event" (intensity/ramp/shimmer/twinkle)contained therein. One of the consequences of breaking from the cell approach is that the terminology used to describe things takes on new meanings and then nobody can understand what you are saying anymore.

M-Class wrote:

This...

splitevents_before.jpg

...becomes...

splitevents_after.jpg

I apologize- I think I initially misunderstood your question. When you mentioned "beats" I was thinking of the "event lines" (timing markers)and not the "event" (intensity/ramp/shimmer/twinkle)contained therein. One of the consequences of breaking from the cell approach is that the terminology used to describe things takes on new meanings and then nobody can understand what you are saying anymore.

This is good, now can I get alittle further in the weeds?

Is there a way to do exactly what you just did in the timing event for only selected cells? Meaning, I want timing to go at 1 second intervals but at a certain point in the sequence I want channels 2-10 to have a 1/10 interval but channels 1 and 11-32 are still on a 1 sec. interval?

Lee

Hope this is clear kinda hard to explain. But I work with techno type music and at points there are up too 4 songs being mixed.

gsxr7500 wrote:

thanks slinkard thats what i have been trying to get across but noone understands me hopefully you explained it better:waycool:

so here's the funny thing! I have the software.... Why don't I go and try it????:laughing:

I have tried but just at a glance, I'll try it real quick and let you know what I come back with.

Lee

here is what I have found.

You can split the cells- not to the selected cell, but when you split the cells(and really cells is not the right word but I think we all understand what I am saying.) your beat track and any other action you have in that cell DOES NOT change. the only thing that changes are more time events are over laid on top of that event! so using my last example:

I was able to modify cells(again just using a common word) in 2-10 to 1/10 intervals. This did change all 32 channels BUT my existing 1 second intervals did not disappear the 1/10's were laid directly over the top of my existing work. I was then able to use channals 2-10 to rotate my mega tree 360 degree's in that 1 second period of time. with out having to do any other adjustments to my other channels. The time intervals were laid over my existing sequence.

Hope that made sence, i was unable however to do this for just channels 2-10 cells(again bad word)

Lee

slinkard wrote:

are you able to do it just to selected cells? Or does it do the whole event/timeline?

Lee

Yep, just to selected cell(s).

All I did was highlight the cell(s) and right click to bring up the menu!

The end result looked just like what was posted here.

You also have the option of creating "Tracks" which would be another way of going about it if you wanted to layer effects or keep your "grid" representation "clean". (hopefully that makes sense!)

I was fortunate to Beta test the software for months this year so I got a head start getting familiar with the new version... :)

I may have missed this and since I only use the Aurora Scheduler as of now, I was curious, can you copy & paste between sequences in Aurora? That really bugs me that you cant do that in Spectrum, so if you can, it would be worth the $$ for sure :)

Being able to have the timing markers only visible in certain channels will not be part of 1.0. To put such a feature in before 1.0 would delay the product release date too far ("feature creep").

However, I have heard your feature request and believe that making a color property available to the timing marks (selectable in the event tool properties)would be equally as useful (you could make timing marks of one thing be white, while marks denoting another thing could be yellow, marks for another thing could be green, etc.). Would this be a reasonable solution for the expressed functionality concern?

I have been hit with some emails lately from individualswho believethat Aurora was developed by the same developers as LOR. I am not sure where this rumor started, but Aurora does not have any connection to the developers of LOR.

I just wanted to clarify that before the rumor spread too far.

M-Class wrote:

I have been hit with some emails lately from individualswho believethat Aurora was developed by the same developers as LOR. I am not sure where this rumor started, but Aurora does not have any connection to the developers of LOR.

I just wanted to clarify that before the rumor spread too far.

Yeah, truely sorry about that! I was the one that posted it. Just wanted to say that I did it with no Ill intentions I was just mis-informed!

Lee