What are the sequences for?

I will be sharing my LOR sequences when I have them done, or at least 16 channels done. I should be getting a few more LOR sequences from several other people and will be sharing those too.Once the sequences are done I will be posting them on my website, which I still need to update... if only the day had 48 hours in it... oh wait I would still be at work 40 of those..

So far all of the people (on the Halloween list) I have talked to are okay with sharing their sequences. Alot of people there have caught thelighting bug and are willing to help each other so everyone canget some displays done. At this point in theseason mostpeople do not have the time to programmore than a couple of songs, so by sharing it only helps everyone in the communityget a display together.

You possessive of your sequences, no never. My view is I am not losing anything by helping someone else out. What is the likelyhood that someone will see 2 displays that are using the same sequence. Yes, I understand about the hours that you have put into your sequences and the blood sweat and tears, but we do the same things with our children, and I LOVE to show off my kids. It makes me feel good that others see how special they are just as I do. I have NEVER been as you put it "possessive" of my sequences because I feel that if someone needs a little help, I will do my best to help them out. This is CHRISTMAS we are talking about, a time for sharing. As has been said befor, just because you share a sequence there is still alot fo rework that has to be done on it to LOOK right in each individuals display. So basically they are using your timings and creating a NEW show. Basically the same way that groups take old music, change the arrangement and has a totally different sounding song. I hope that others will understand and share if they see fit.

I should have a few by this weekend. Without the music they are pretty useless. We could use a shared email (like Gmail) that allows up to 10 meg attachments and zip the file with an agreed password. Everyone should agree to purchase the music if they decide to use it.

Any thoughts?

I agree with everyone. I do not have a problem sharing my sequences. On my web site, I am asking that when you send the info to include (1.) name of owner (2) send sequence file (3) send audio file (4) and number of channels sequenced in the program.

Or we could even post them here, then I will transfer to my website so it will be easier to find in the further.

Look forward to seeing some postings available for downloading soon.

This is my first year with the LOR (16 channel) for Christmas. I have done the 4th of July and Haloween this year. (none to music) And as soon as this season is over..I plan to start on the July 4th sequences for music (marches, patriotic diddies...)

Anyone out there also do the 4th? Anyone done some light sequences to music for the 4th also????

Have a GREAT lighting season!

I've done the 4th. This year as a matter of fact. I'm known for this huge fireworks show I put on every year. This year we had almost 3,000 shells in the air in under 20 minutes.

I used LOR to help me time the launches to music. I had some floods to light the flag for the National Anthem of course. I also used sets of red, white, and blue floods to shine into the launch area. All the smoke from the shells lit up just the right colors at just the right times.

I also had some "signal" lights mounted on my launch stands. Just a single c7 mounted next to a particular type of shell that I wanted in the air at any one moment. When it lit up it meant it was time to light that fuse. A redneck computerized launch system that allowed me to sort of time the fireworks to the soundtrack. It worked well enough, the show got a standing ovation.:]

LOR can be used for all kinds of things if one uses their imagination. I'll even be making some posts in the spring regarding my dancing fountains in the pond behind my house. Not done yet but I've got some fun ideas.

Scott Hardin

Columbus, IN

Fireworks are illegal here in Michigan so I use the lights to provide some "legal" light shows.

Surrounding the roof line of my home is a light string of red, white, and blue C-9's on a string I made 335 feet long. This allows the whole house to be "in sync" I have 2 dedicated circuits feeding my LOR so I have divided the load between each side so as to not overload things. The string is fed through circuits 1,2,3,9,10, and 11 from the LOR. I use a simple chase and some variations in the chase for the show. Plans include multiple strobes for more dramatic visualizations next year.

For Haloween I had 1600 orange and 1600 purple lights on each of 2 pine trees in front of the house. (100 lights each string.) I divided tree into 16 pie shaped sections and placed one string of each color in each section. (forming vertical stripes) the sequence makes the whole tree orange or purple and provided for a vertical stripe of an opposing color to spin around the trees or a dark stripe ( all lights off) to spin around the tree.

Both these simple sequences can be made avail to anyone who desires them if ther eis any interest.

Alright I finally have an upload page for sequences if anyone would like to share any of their sequences. I have listed options for LOR, AL, and Other sequences. I will have a link to the downloadable sequences once I have some :smilingelf: The page isn't great (still working on it) http://www.kreepyhollow.com/Khristmas/Sequence.htm

Thanks for the sequences that have been sent so far. I am going to ask that everyone hold off in sending anymore for a bit while I redo my website. Once the new site is up, I will have a special page for LOR and AL sequences. I plan to make this page available only to PC members, so a screename and password will be required to access the page which will be posted here. Or maybe even a unlisted web address for PC members only. I hope to have it running soon.

one options would to be specified if the sequences is set up for what number of channels. for example i have the 16 channel set up but 2 controllers and they are piggy backed so controller one plays the same as controller two i have not had time to read and set up two controllers

I have 1-4 as red

5-8 as blue

9-12 as green

13-16 as yellow or multi color