Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
Jdwagner888

Home Depot!

Jdwagner888 wrote:

Apperantly there are rumors going around that tomarrow (december 16th or december 17th ) All of home depot's christmas stuff including lights are going 75% off.

Buy/Sell/Trade/Announce is for items you personally are sellling. This thread belongs in "Heads Up".

TED

TED wrote:

Jdwagner888 wrote:

Buy/Sell/Trade/Announce is for items you personally are sellling. This thread belongs in "Heads Up".

TED

ted you should be a moderator :laughing:

I was wondering if there was any new info on if the sale is real

cause the lady i talked to acted like i was crazy...lol.........only if she knew

IFyou go on line, Home Depot is still showing 30% off as of this afternoon. Could change tomorrow, of course. Lowes's is just about out of everything now. Anyone seen movement at Walgreens ?

For those still reading this thread I called my home depot and it seems like different things are on sale for different percentages. But nothing at 75% yet. Some are 50% but not the LED's and the more expesive stuff. I plan to keep checking.

The store ad, which ends today states 30% off SELECTED holiday items. The store shelves show a 50% discount, again on selected items only, I expect that will be in todays ad. No 75% discounts in this area. LEDs are not on the discount list nor are 100 ct minis and some other lights. Since all of the shelves in the Christmas section have inventory count tags on them, I expect anything not sold this weekend will end up going back to the warehouse for next year. Lowes still has LOTS of 100 ct clear minis at $1.00 a box. Still waffling about buying or waiting and see if they go lower.

Scott

The HD near me had their C9 LED's marked down from 9.99 to 7.49. At least that is what she told me. But I was hoping for at least a 50% deduction. I need like 30 boxes.

I believe the 50% off begins tomorrow. I was at HD today and I read their clearance poster. The 30% off selected items ends today... Almost all of teh inflatables are 50% off.

Hit a couple during lunch. Outdoor furniture is replacing Christmas. What is on sale has been moved to center isle displays and they were moving other stuff to the back. Better get what you can now....looks like Christmas is over at HD and they are not discounting a lot of their lights :(

Scott

Was in HD this morning and no discount on lights at my store.:( I think the days of the .42 100 count mini. have come to an end.

Bought the last 9000 minis at my target. I would'nt wait the box stores have finally figured it out.....

I just came from Home Depot. Selected items are on sale 30-50% off. Although none of the lights are on sale yet. Most inflatables are on sale. I'm sure by tomorrow it will be different. The lady I talked to at the counter had 4 other people ask her today about everything being 50% off so at least she didn't think i was crazy.

this time the lady i talked to did not think i was that crazy she was nice but she did not know if stuff was going to be 50% off tomarrow

Hugo B wrote:

Found LED's 100ct for 3.97 at Costco

are they solid or multi color? were they marked down or just scan that way? and one more do you have the item number?

thank you