Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
Jdwagner888

Home Depot!

awesome to see that you got your 650$ back! also nice to see you got some bonus cases and to see manager of a big store keeping to there word. home depot around me didnt have anything for stock left. blah

I haven't checked locally to see if they even have them this year but, has anyone seen or used the 300 light strands? (clear and multi)

I have some that I got 2 years ago and I love the length (80ft) and quality of these.

I would like to get more if they are as good (or even available) as they were previously.

my hd here has the 150 count nets and 300 count nets multi and clear only though, not for sure how long they are, but i did buy all of the led net lights from them, as of today all of the net lights in clear and multi are still there 300 and 150 count, not for sure on price i wasn't looking for them that is why i can't tell you much about them

I had gone to several local HD and bought almost all of their solid color LED strands when they were reduced to 50% off. I went back to HD today, and the few LED sets that they had left were now marked down to 75% off, so I took all of my receipts to customer service, and they refunded me the difference between 50% and 75%, even though they didn't have all of the styles of LED's that I had originally purchased! I got almost $400 back!

Ron

I think it is safe to say HD is 75% off. I went online and their minis show .57, C9 LED's$2.50, etc.

I am going to try what Ron did and see if they will refund me the the 50% to 75% difference.

HD here in Sydney have all there ledlights on for 40% off C9'S-- C6'S - C7'S --- 100count mini'scalled today the manager told me that she did not know when they would golower the lights they carry here are made byHoliday Creations Would anyone know if these lights can be used with lor to dim fade twinkle thank you Blair

HD here in Sydney have all there ledlights on for 40% off C9'S-- C6'S - C7'S --- 100count mini'scalled today the manager told me that she did not know when they would golower the lights they carry here are made byHoliday Creations Would anyone know if these lights can be used with lor to dim fade twinkle thank you Blair

jason101 wrote:

no but the thing is i got the lights i wanted and even if they don't discount them i still got about 50 stands for free because the lady couldn't count, so i feel as if i got a good deal, but it is only money, they probably would've costed more than what i paid for them if i was to have a case shipped in of just one of the colors, so uf they do or they don't discount them i am still ok with it, but the manager did tell me that he would take care of me, kinda like a i scratch his back and he;ll scratch mine, after all i do plow the snow at their location,.... that does help out some in my opinion,

jason101 wrote:

well today was home depot delight days, i got my refund of 50 % of my purchase last week of 1300.00 for led's , i got 650.00 back due to 50% off, not only did i get the led's i was after i got more than i needed, the manager came to me today and asked if i would like to buy 2 more cases that someone was to come and get that didn't pay for them yet, said they have been holding them in the back for a week now and noone has shown up to get them, BONUS, so i bought the last 2 cases that they had 16 blue c-7's 16 red c-7's 16 green c-7's, for 3.49 a box, the manager told me 75% by next week if they make it that long, most of the lights was gone except the typical mini clear icicle lights, , so the manager did live up to his promise, otherwise i would have given him a adjustment on his lawn/landscape bill for the property this spring...ha ha , but anyways some people hold true to their words still.

If you knew that the lady didn't count 50 of the sets and you didn't say anything then you did not "get them free" you "stole" them.If you didn't realise it until later then you should have told them when you came back to get the price adjustment. If you expect the store manager to be true to his word then you should act honorably as well.

TED

jason101 wrote:

no but the thing is i got the lights i wanted and even if they don't discount them i still got about 50 stands for free because the lady couldn't count, so i feel as if i got a good deal, but it is only money, they probably would've costed more than what i paid for them if i was to have a case shipped in of just one of the colors, so uf they do or they don't discount them i am still ok with it, but the manager did tell me that he would take care of me, kinda like a i scratch his back and he;ll scratch mine, after all i do plow the snow at their location,.... that does help out some in my opinion,

jason101 wrote:

well today was home depot delight days, i got my refund of 50 % of my purchase last week of 1300.00 for led's , i got 650.00 back due to 50% off, not only did i get the led's i was after i got more than i needed, the manager came to me today and asked if i would like to buy 2 more cases that someone was to come and get that didn't pay for them yet, said they have been holding them in the back for a week now and noone has shown up to get them, BONUS, so i bought the last 2 cases that they had 16 blue c-7's 16 red c-7's 16 green c-7's, for 3.49 a box, the manager told me 75% by next week if they make it that long, most of the lights was gone except the typical mini clear icicle lights, , so the manager did live up to his promise, otherwise i would have given him a adjustment on his lawn/landscape bill for the property this spring...ha ha , but anyways some people hold true to their words still.

If you knew that the lady didn't count 50 of the sets and you didn't say anything then you did not "get them free" you "stole" them.If you didn't realise it until later then you should have told them when you came back to get the price adjustment. If you expect the store manager to be true to his word then you should act honorably as well.

TED

How is this one from HD. Saturday I bought 11 cases of minis and 4 boxes of C9 LED's. At first teh manager was going to let me have it all for 75% off. But for some reason he changed his mind and asked if I paid the 50% he would give me the LED's and write them up as a promotional give away. I was in a hurry so Isaid ok. I walked out tax and all $338. As I checked over the reciept I realized it ould have been cheaper for me at 75% off.

So today I went in and bought a few more boxes of C9 LED's at $2.50 a box. I asked about getting the difference back between the 50% and the 75% like a few on here did. At first the girl wasn't sure about it. After talking to the head cashier they refunded me the difference and I paid $170 for the 11 cases and still got the 44 boxes of LED's for free. How's that for a deal.

They still have some more clear C9's and multi. I might buy the rest of the clear. They have about 3 cases of C9 LED multis just setting there. They also have green C6 and some other green LED's/ To buy or not to buy them.

looks like I need to wheel and deal with my manager :PI bought a case of Red and Gold lights for $15.67 a case and I thought that was good at .57 for a box. Next year I am going to try and convert to LED's but they don't sell the nice concave ones I want. Looks Like I will have to make a list for Paul next year :)

Ben

jfelix wrote:

How is this one from HD. Saturday I bought 11 cases of minis and 4 boxes of C9 LED's. At first teh manager was going to let me have it all for 75% off. But for some reason he changed his mind and asked if I paid the 50% he would give me the LED's and write them up as a promotional give away. I was in a hurry so Isaid ok. I walked out tax and all $338. As I checked over the reciept I realized it ould have been cheaper for me at 75% off.

So today I went in and bought a few more boxes of C9 LED's at $2.50 a box. I asked about getting the difference back between the 50% and the 75% like a few on here did. At first the girl wasn't sure about it. After talking to the head cashier they refunded me the difference and I paid $170 for the 11 cases and still got the 44 boxes of LED's for free. How's that for a deal.

That's great--he thought he tricked you but you outsmarted him!

TED