LED GROUP BUY 2008

Paul, looking forward to seeing what you offer. I'm new here as well, and am mainly interested in the LED mini lights.

I'd also be another one interested in some LED icicle lights.

I know there has been a lot of talk here about an e-mail notification list. It already sounds like the sale will possibly be in January, if I have read things right... Since an e-mail notification list can be hard to setup, why not just use the forums as a way to do it. All that would have to be done, is have one person create a thread in the LED forum (possibly Paul), and then no one post to it. It can be the group buy notification thread. Then people that are interested in the group buy, but don't want to follow all these ramblings, can just subscribe to that one post, and wait for Paul to come back and either update us, or let us know it's on.

What do you all think?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul sessel wrote:

The jury is still out on that one (icicles) - the verdict will be decided in about a week or so.

I'll beg, plead, bow down, whatever you request, to get LED icicles in white and blue.

But either way you decide on them, count me in on the group buy.

paul sessel wrote:

taybrynn:

The C-9 & C-7 retro fit LED lamps are for steady on only. Using them with the LOR or Animated (or any others) boxes will tend to burn them out prematurely.

Does this apply to all LEDs or just the C-7s and the C-9s ?

Merry Christmas, all

Depending on timing (I have somewhat seasonal income, and other things will be higher priority on the GB for me) I would also hope to buy some LED icycles. So, if number of people interested plays into the calculus, chalk me up as interested as LED icycles. In my case, either warm white or "regular" (cool/blueish) white LED icycles.

Time for eggnog!

Chad

Paul

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the great C9's Some one in my town who has had a display for 20 years saw my LED C9's last year (I think) and changed their light out. I hope he got them from you.

I'd love to find Icicles and Next lights in solid colors of red, blue, green, orange/amber. Hope you can give it some consideration Paul. I'll check back here to see what the verdict is next month.

Brian

I am interested in the buy, but do have a question. When looking online I only see 50 count for the C6 and M6 strands, are there any other lengths or is it 50 only?

I'm asking because I have a 15 foot mega tree that I am going to purchase the lights for and if the strand is 17' it's cutting it aweful close and I also saw that there was 70 count orange on the site, but that's the only color.

Merry Christmas all!

Rob

I may be interested in some LEDs too...

(note: i read a few of the replies to this but it'd take a long time to do all...so

hopefully this isn't already covered)

The type of thing i'd be looking for is:

*'Normal' LED style lights (there's probably some crazy letter/number combo

for these which i don't know what it is...but i like ones where you can see the

bare LED itself (5mm size))

*Replaceable bulbs are much preferred (will be used indoors only)

*Colors include: Yellow, Cyan, WarmWhite, and/or Magenta (ones that don't fade to blue)

*I prefer the look of Full Wave sets but its not a requirement

*At most it'd be a few strings of each...(i know some previous group buys

were full cases only...if thats gonna be the case this time, then disregard

this entire post of mine)

Really allot will depend on the price, and if i find anything at after xmas sales

-Thanks

I plan to buy as well.

Looking for mini- replacement style LEDs are they M5s etc... I saw some "Wide Angle" LEDs listed...are the ones someone commented sent out beams of light at their house? I am figuring on 100-300 strings of these...I need to get the planning software tomorrow so I can figure out just how much I can do with the house. Primary use is Mega Tree followed by Criss Cross strings on roof.

Will probably need lots of LED Nets as long as they work with fade, on/off, etc under LOR animation.

Probably will add a couple rolls of LED Rope Light to create an American Flag for July 4th first round of self programmed animation.

Probably will add a few C-6 lights for use on bushes.

Maybe more C-7s if I make my own Jesus is the Reason for the Season sign... same if I make a Bethlehem star or mini leds if I decide to integrate it into the animation.

Wife will have to not see the order when I place it or when it arrives. :laughing:

Well, about time to call it a day....Hope all had a Merry Christmas!!! Blessings to All...

paul sessel wrote:

50 count is what I stock. I'm not sure yet if I will be offering 70 and 100 count for the sale yet. If I do, I may have to up the minimum purchase on these items due to my minimum order requirements. That's something I'll be analyzing next week.

Will you please post the length of each count so we can all evaluate what we need and perhaps you can get an informal count of what may needed allowing your analysis to best fit your needs and your customer's needs.

Yeah Paul!

I need the 70 count as I had to use 50 count and go up and back twice and that

was time consuming.

100 count would be nice too as I pretty much had to join two 50's for my

big mega.

I have to say that everyone pretty much loves the look of the M6's.

Count me in for icicle lights too!

musicman wrote:

I'm asking because I have a 15 foot mega tree that I am going to purchase the lights for and if the strand is 17' it's cutting it aweful close and I also saw that there was 70 count orange on the site, but that's the only color.

Merry Christmas all!

Rob

I did a 15 foot mega tree with Paul's LEDs this year, and (in my opinion, since it's what I wanted) the 50 count 17 foot lights worked perfectly. They stretched from the top (female plug end at top), to the ground, with the male plug right at ground level, or just a couple of inches up. This gave me an approximately 8 foot wide base.