LED GROUP BUY 2008

Christmas items started to go on sale here in WV last week and I picked up 6 - 60 sets of multi LEDs and 5 - of 25 white LEDs but would definitly be interested to be notified of the buy so I thought I would respond to this post, so that I can keep up on it. This year had half LEDs and the rest minis but want to switch over to LEDs and add more lights to the total display next year.

Live in a home that we have not upgraded the ampage on yet so the LED and the CFL flood lights work well and pull minial amps.

Christine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBHOUTX wrote:

paul sessel wrote:

Will you please post the length of each count so we can all evaluate what we need and perhaps you can get an informal count of what may needed allowing your analysis to best fit your needs and your customer's needs.

You can find all the lengths on his web site. Except the 100 count, but it should be pretty close to 2*50 count.

http://www.creativedisplays.com/siteresources/modules/webstore/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37

Just talked to the neighbors and they will be building some more of Horton's arches to match mine next year, and they want to exactly match with the LEDs, so I will add their inventory onto my order.

Am I strange for being the only person here (at least it seems) that likes/prefers the cool white?

My reason for this is that I've had a problem the past few years, mainly in video, but to a pretty good extent in person, too, with distinguishing the yellow/gold from the white incandescent bulbs. Of course it could be due to my bad eyesight (no I'm not colorblind...just very nearsighted), but when I first saw the cool whites in LEDs, I instantly loved them (couldn't afford LEDs until this year, though, and I loaded up on green and red at PLUS). I basically want to distance my white and gold/yellow as far as I can so that I can better tell the difference.

So I hope that at least some icicles that he sells will be cool white.

Good observation. Yesterday though, I saw someone that had wrapped their house posts in to me, what looked like, cool white, and I couldn't stand the color. They actually almost looked like the blue on the forum colors, maybe slightly lighter. After seeing those, it made me decide that I'll get warm white with this buy.

Now, mind you, these could be the cheap, crummy ones that you get a the local store, and not the same color you'd get from Paul, who knows... (maybe someone has some input)...

Well, I'd also like to add what I'm considering.

Mainly, several cases of M6, warm white, red, and maybe some green. I think I may need most of these in 100 count, according to a leaping light thread over here. On top of that, if I buy the lights for my 10' mega tree this year, I'll want some 50 count strands.

I'd also like some icicle strands, probably warm white, maybe some blue ones as well.

For my 2' 3D trees, I'll probably be using 100 count strands as well, around 300 lights per tree, for maybe 12 trees.

If I can't get 100 count, then that's probably fine, as I won't be doing a lawn grid this year...

slinkard wrote:

How do we get enrolled in this here program? I am in if the price isn't over whelming. I would go with

10- 100 m6 reds

10- 100 m6 blues

10- 100 m6 greens

10- 100 m6 clears

I think youjust got enrolled:smile:

All you need to do is watch this thread or this

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum12/20348.html

for more info. Also I think you need to get 12 or 24 of each ( full cases)

geogecko wrote:

Good observation. Yesterday though, I saw someone that had wrapped their house posts in to me, what looked like, cool white, and I couldn't stand the color. They actually almost looked like the blue on the forum colors, maybe slightly lighter. After seeing those, it made me decide that I'll get warm white with this buy.

Now, mind you, these could be the cheap, crummy ones that you get a the local store, and not the same color you'd get from Paul, who knows... (maybe someone has some input)...

That's good information to know. Thank you.

Is there any way we could see an actual "lit up" comparison between the 4 colors before deciding what to buy? The ones I'd be concerned about in this case would be those that geogecko and I have mentioned:

Warm White, Cool White, Blue, and Gold