Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
chearns

LED GROUP BUY 2008

Christmas items started to go on sale here in WV last week and I picked up 6 - 60 sets of multi LEDs and 5 - of 25 white LEDs but would definitly be interested to be notified of the buy so I thought I would respond to this post, so that I can keep up on it. This year had half LEDs and the rest minis but want to switch over to LEDs and add more lights to the total display next year.

Live in a home that we have not upgraded the ampage on yet so the LED and the CFL flood lights work well and pull minial amps.

Christine

DBHOUTX wrote:

paul sessel wrote:

Will you please post the length of each count so we can all evaluate what we need and perhaps you can get an informal count of what may needed allowing your analysis to best fit your needs and your customer's needs.

You can find all the lengths on his web site. Except the 100 count, but it should be pretty close to 2*50 count.

http://www.creativedisplays.com/siteresources/modules/webstore/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37

Paul,

Well, toss another hat in the ring for LED icicles. Warn white. Also, planning for next year, I would take advantage of the 100ct strings for some things as well.

Please count me in on the bulk buy. I am planning to add a yard grid this year. In keeping with my theme, I want it to be able to be red, green, blue and clear. This will require a lot of new LED lights.

Ken

Definitely will need the 70 count strings as my megatree is 19' tall. That's at least 112 strings right there Paul...please consider. Thx!

Does anyone know what the lighted length of the 50 count c6 is? I want in on the group buy, and I am trying to figure out how many cases I need for my 10ft. animated tree.

SPaschall

The C6 (L50) are 16'-6" long.

The C6 (L70) are 23'-3" long and

the C6 (L100) are 33'-6" long

I would figure the lighted length about 7" shorter for each.

wirekat wrote:

The C6 (L50) are 16'-6" long.

The C6 (L70) are 23'-3" long and

the C6 (L100) are 33'-6" long

I would figure the lighted length about 7" shorter for each.

Thank You wirekat, time to do some figuring

SPaschall

Just talked to the neighbors and they will be building some more of Horton's arches to match mine next year, and they want to exactly match with the LEDs, so I will add their inventory onto my order.

Yeah I was tryin to find some good LED deals for a megatree next year, but you gotta buy the same manufacturers or else...

Count me in on the buy as it is just what I was looking for...

Thanks Paul!

Am I strange for being the only person here (at least it seems) that likes/prefers the cool white?

My reason for this is that I've had a problem the past few years, mainly in video, but to a pretty good extent in person, too, with distinguishing the yellow/gold from the white incandescent bulbs. Of course it could be due to my bad eyesight (no I'm not colorblind...just very nearsighted), but when I first saw the cool whites in LEDs, I instantly loved them (couldn't afford LEDs until this year, though, and I loaded up on green and red at PLUS). I basically want to distance my white and gold/yellow as far as I can so that I can better tell the difference.

So I hope that at least some icicles that he sells will be cool white.

Good observation. Yesterday though, I saw someone that had wrapped their house posts in to me, what looked like, cool white, and I couldn't stand the color. They actually almost looked like the blue on the forum colors, maybe slightly lighter. After seeing those, it made me decide that I'll get warm white with this buy.

Now, mind you, these could be the cheap, crummy ones that you get a the local store, and not the same color you'd get from Paul, who knows... (maybe someone has some input)...

Well, I'd also like to add what I'm considering.

Mainly, several cases of M6, warm white, red, and maybe some green. I think I may need most of these in 100 count, according to a leaping light thread over here. On top of that, if I buy the lights for my 10' mega tree this year, I'll want some 50 count strands.

I'd also like some icicle strands, probably warm white, maybe some blue ones as well.

For my 2' 3D trees, I'll probably be using 100 count strands as well, around 300 lights per tree, for maybe 12 trees.

If I can't get 100 count, then that's probably fine, as I won't be doing a lawn grid this year...

How do we get enrolled in this here program? I am in if the price isn't over whelming. I would go with

10- 100 m6 reds

10- 100 m6 blues

10- 100 m6 greens

10- 100 m6 clears

slinkard wrote:

How do we get enrolled in this here program? I am in if the price isn't over whelming. I would go with

10- 100 m6 reds

10- 100 m6 blues

10- 100 m6 greens

10- 100 m6 clears

I think youjust got enrolled:smile:

All you need to do is watch this thread or this

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum12/20348.html

for more info. Also I think you need to get 12 or 24 of each ( full cases)

geogecko wrote:

Good observation. Yesterday though, I saw someone that had wrapped their house posts in to me, what looked like, cool white, and I couldn't stand the color. They actually almost looked like the blue on the forum colors, maybe slightly lighter. After seeing those, it made me decide that I'll get warm white with this buy.

Now, mind you, these could be the cheap, crummy ones that you get a the local store, and not the same color you'd get from Paul, who knows... (maybe someone has some input)...

That's good information to know. Thank you.

Is there any way we could see an actual "lit up" comparison between the 4 colors before deciding what to buy? The ones I'd be concerned about in this case would be those that geogecko and I have mentioned:

Warm White, Cool White, Blue, and Gold