LED GROUP BUY 2008

Kenny Greer wrote:

geogecko wrote:

That's good information to know. Thank you.

Is there any way we could see an actual "lit up" comparison between the 4 colors before deciding what to buy? The ones I'd be concerned about in this case would be those that geogecko and I have mentioned:

Warm White, Cool White, Blue, and Gold

There is this picture from the web site, but it might be better to see them in the dark instead.

M6%20LED%205-21-07%20300.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geogecko wrote:

Kenny Greer wrote:

There is this picture from the web site, but it might be better to see them in the dark instead.

M6%20LED%205-21-07%20300.jpg

I got a bunch of warm whites from this years buy, and I think the above picture is pretty close to actual color (WW 2nd from right). It's a pretty color on the house.

But Im thinking like Kenny Greer.Somehow 1 cool white strand gotmixed into one of my boxes by mistake. I like the whiter white. ButI'mnow committed to WW for most of the house.However, I'm thinking ofmaking some leaping lights using LED's, I might try CW for those.

Oh where have I BEEN?!?!?! :shock: Somehow I missed this thread the past couple of months.

I've read through it and haven't discovered how we "officially" get in on the purchase? Do we contact Paul directly... send him a list of what we want? I'd like to be in on it if someone can tell me how!

Thanks!

jrbryant wrote:

Oh where have I BEEN?!?!?! :shock: Somehow I missed this thread the past couple of months.

I've read through it and haven't discovered how we "officially" get in on the purchase? Do we contact Paul directly... send him a list of what we want? I'd like to be in on it if someone can tell me how!

Thanks!

Go here,

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum12/20348.html

jrbryant wrote:

Thanks!

Here's Paul's official thread:

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum12/20348.html

Kenny Greer wrote:

Am I strange for being the only person here (at least it seems) that likes/prefers the cool white?

My reason for this is that I've had a problem the past few years, mainly in video, but to a pretty good extent in person, too, with distinguishing the yellow/gold from the white incandescent bulbs. Of course it could be due to my bad eyesight (no I'm not colorblind...just very nearsighted), but when I first saw the cool whites in LEDs, I instantly loved them (couldn't afford LEDs until this year, though, and I loaded up on green and red at PLUS). I basically want to distance my white and gold/yellow as far as I can so that I can better tell the difference.

So I hope that at least some icicles that he sells will be cool white.

Not to be a pain or anything, but I AM colorblind. However, I can still see the difference in color between most colors, now all the "differences" in whites..... probably not. However, the green, blue, red's, yea I can see the difference in them. It might be because it was caught at a very early age and I was "taught" by my mom what colors are what that I can tell... I don't know. But when I look at those books that have the dots with the number in them.... yea, I can't see 3/4 of them.

Sorry for the little rant.

Rob

Kenny Greer wrote:

Am I strange for being the only person here (at least it seems) that likes/prefers the cool white?

I also actually like/prefer the 'cool white'... (actually looks more somewhere right

between 'cool white' and 'daylight' of fluorescent bulbs)

I think it gives a nice cold/icy look to things so you could say more 'winter-ish'

(note:i also live where we get cold/snow)

'Cool white' sets are also the easiest to find at stores...

Kenny Greer wrote:

geogecko wrote:

That's good information to know. Thank you.

Is there any way we could see an actual "lit up" comparison between the 4 colors before deciding what to buy? The ones I'd be concerned about in this case would be those that geogecko and I have mentioned:

Warm White, Cool White, Blue, and Gold

Check out my website. I have LLA's in CW, and all my candy cane wraps are CW as well. It is not blue by any means, these were all purchased with Paul at CD. CW on the LLA's really stands out very well. I have WW I purchased, for other things I did not get to this year. I am going to make a mini tree chaser next year, and I think the look on a smaller item is better with WW than CW. On my mega tree, I am going to consider WW instead of CW next year. I have 4 colors on the tree, R-G-B-W. The white is very brilliant, and people love it, but I might just experiment as that is the last color I string, and if needed, I can change it out to CW if needed with minimal work.

I am in the process of taking some better pictures of my display this week, and hope to have updated pictures in the next day or so, and video in a week.

XmasLightGuy wrote:

Kenny Greer wrote:

I also actually like/prefer the 'cool white'... (actually looks more somewhere right

between 'cool white' and 'daylight' of fluorescent bulbs)

I think it gives a nice cold/icy look to things so you could say more 'winter-ish'

(note:i also live where we get cold/snow)

'Cool white' sets are also the easiest to find at stores...

i love the cool white! i am going to get some for my new bathroom which is going to have a winter theme..the chillier the better!:waycool:

Looking to get in on the group buy. I was finally able to locate some C6 LED's around here after Christmas but I need more!

Icicle - blue and white

yellow-C6

blue - C6

purple-C6

multi-M6 (maybe)

multi-C6 (maybe)

I have never seen the M6 lit up so not sure what the difference is between the C6 and the M6.

Thank you!

Looking to get in on the group buy. I was finally able to locate some C6 LED's around here after Christmas but I need more!

Icicle - blue and white

yellow-C6

blue - C6

purple-C6

multi-M6 (maybe)

multi-C6 (maybe)

I have never seen the M6 lit up so not sure what the difference is between the C6 and the M6.

Thank you!

tpooler wrote:

I would also like to learn more about the pros/cons between the C6 and M6. To me, the M6 looks more like a mini light and I do have some M5 LEDs ... so is the M6 just bigger? The C6 seems more common and perhaps is better protected than the M6? I have seen posts that seem to disagree whether the M6 or C6 is brightest. Everyone seems to agree that the C6 from Paul/creativedisplays are the brightest.

I was picking through my walgreens purchased (50ct) C6 LED bulbs last night ... and in testing them ...I noticed a wide range of wattage and amps used between individual strings. In general, my multis were lower power users and the clears and blues higher. Some as low as 2.1 watts and some as high as 4.1 watts or so. I also found high variability between strands of clear ... some using twice the wattage as others. I noticed that the higher wattagestrings were actually significantly BRIGHTER. I wonder if this could just be a mfg variation ... These were all the same brand ... perhaps mfg'd at different times ... or maybe the yield is like CPU(s) ... some better, some worse??

But my watts up (like kill a watt) seems to give my lower watts than I should have been seeing for the amperage it was showing. The amps seemed consistent, so why such a variation in watts being shown??

Sorry for the rambling ... I'm just a little confused by what I was seeing.

I'd like to know more about the C6 and M6 LED(s) ... I'm leaning towards the C6 because more people use them and they seem to swear up and down that Pauls are amazing.

tpooler wrote:

I would also like to learn more about the pros/cons between the C6 and M6. To me, the M6 looks more like a mini light and I do have some M5 LEDs ... so is the M6 just bigger? The C6 seems more common and perhaps is better protected than the M6? I have seen posts that seem to disagree whether the M6 or C6 is brightest. Everyone seems to agree that the C6 from Paul/creativedisplays are the brightest.

I was picking through my walgreens purchased (50ct) C6 LED bulbs last night ... and in testing them ...I noticed a wide range of wattage and amps used between individual strings. In general, my multis were lower power users and the clears and blues higher. Some as low as 2.1 watts and some as high as 4.1 watts or so. I also found high variability between strands of clear ... some using twice the wattage as others. I noticed that the higher wattagestrings were actually significantly BRIGHTER. I wonder if this could just be a mfg variation ... These were all the same brand ... perhaps mfg'd at different times ... or maybe the yield is like CPU(s) ... some better, some worse??

But my watts up (like kill a watt) seems to give my lower watts than I should have been seeing for the amperage it was showing. The amps seemed consistent, so why such a variation in watts being shown??

Sorry for the rambling ... I'm just a little confused by what I was seeing.

I'd like to know more about the C6 and M6 LED(s) ... I'm leaning towards the C6 because more people use them and they seem to swear up and down that Pauls are amazing.

It's my understanding, that a C6 looks more like your common incandecent C7 or C9 bulb, where as an M6 looks like the common incandecent mini lights.

Paul said in an earlier post that the difference between the M5 and M6 was like a millimeter in size, not really noticable. It sounded like his group buy was going to be for M5's.

It's my understanding, that a C6 looks more like your common incandecent C7 or C9 bulb, where as an M6 looks like the common incandecent mini lights.

Paul said in an earlier post that the difference between the M5 and M6 was like a millimeter in size, not really noticable. It sounded like his group buy was going to be for M5's.