Six great neighbors and one bad neighbor

Everyone has one bad neighbor but I doubt they do this.

Last night we had any cars. We parked as many as we could on our side road

but the overflow was stopped on the side of the road. This is not desirable but

not really unsafe.

A car pulls up behind the row of cars and starts honking and I mean just holding

the horn on. They "she" drives past and a says, "I calling f---ing police. Well all the

folks watching the show answered in the holiday spirit yelling "Merry Christmas".

That just set her off and she continued down road honking and yelling the f word.

Now I know she has a history of "erratic" behavior and a few run-ins with the

authorities but the language really upset me.

She seemed to be upset with the traffic even though her drive is on a different

street a few blocks away. She can't hear the music and can only see the back

side of our house.

I think I'm just venting here because she isn't speaking rationally to me or anyone

else. I justthink the bad language is unnecessary.

Kevin -

I'm sorry you had this experience with a grumpy neighbor. :( Sure makes one feel bad (even though you didn't mean for it to be this way). There probably was something else that had set her off - and it just got taken out on your people watching the display.

May this lady be blessed today.

((hug))

Randi

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that people who have this type of disruptive personality either have a problem (obviously) or many times "their lives are just lacking meaning or substance" and they see everyone else’s success as a frustration in their lives. Thus they vent with inappropriate behavior or language.

In the latter case, at a minimum, just be nice to them regardless of how poorly they conduct themselves. You might strike a cord where they will see how out of line they are and they might come around.

I have found that people who have this type of disruptive personality either have a problem (obviously) or many times "their lives are just lacking meaning or substance" and they see everyone else’s success as a frustration in their lives. Thus they vent with inappropriate behavior or language.

In the latter case, at a minimum, just be nice to them regardless of how poorly they conduct themselves. You might strike a cord where they will see how out of line they are and they might come around.

wirekat wrote:

A car pulls up behind the row of cars and starts honking and I mean just holding

the horn on. They "she" drives past and a says, "I calling f---ing police.

Let her call the F---ing police.

My lovely neighbor had the police called on him by one of my viewers. He was shouting at the cars to leave because there was going to be an accident. He was alittle drunk, no allot drunk.

Unfortunately when the police arrived, he started to behave himself, and didn't get a free "taxi" ride to the station. Maybe next time!

It bummed me out like it did you. I got over it and you will too.

Having a light display is not illegal. Unfortunately being ascrooge isn't either. She wants to call the cops, hand her the phone. Even offer to dial 911 for her. She'll only end up embarrassing herself, like my drunk of a neighbor did,

Scott

P.S. If you want to read about the drunk click here

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum36/19493.html

Thanks Scott!

I turns out the deputies stopped by and even put us in touch with the county

road folks and they dropped off 20 road cones for us to use. Then the deputies

stop by from time to time to check on things and they are the nicest guys.

They even brought their families by to see the lights.

I Love the response your police gave, "It's Christmas".

That says it all!