So what did you get today for next season?

bhays

Will Richards wrote:

Iam off now to target i have 6 near me so iam going to hit them all

Like i said i have about 6 or 7 targets near me and i hit 4 of them the first one didnt have any lights i wanted only clear 50's so the second one had al the red i wanted the thrid one had all the green i wanted and the fourth one had all the clear i wanted so a total of

red - 5,000

green - 5,000

clear - 1,500

total of 11,500

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest Disappointment of the Day:

A Valu-Plus near where I work (kinda like a dollar store) has some fairly ratty decorations, but they hada lotof very decent looking 18" stars and snowflakes, which I could definitely use. Saw them last week for $5; figured they'll be half off after Christmas. Went back today, and they were BOXING EVERYTHING UP!!! I talked to the manager, and she said that they just store everything till next year. What a wasteof space, not to mention loss of immediate revenue, not to mention my display will suffer!!!! :P

175 Boxes of Walmart 100ct Red Minis

175 Boxes of Walmart 100ct White

then I went to Lowes for fun (it was one I have never been to) and thought they would be out.

Lights were 75% off but they only had clear left.

I bought 144 Boxes for only 50 cents a box. They had a deal going on today where if you spend more than $50 they give you coupon for $10 off you next purchase. I went back and got another 24 boxes for only $2!

Nobody had Green Minis. Went to Hobby Lobby and they have cases and cases of whites but at 50% they were $1.50 and lowes was only 50cents a box.

Just a note of caution on the 200 count c6 spools from Home Depot, got home today and tried them out and the first 25 bulbs on one strand are DOA. Also found several of the faceted caps are missing. The bad part is both spools were still wrapped in their original plastic. HD won't take them back because they are clearance items.

Need to go through them and determine where the problem is. My initial guess is a bad connection in one of the sockets, so I'll have a bit of troubleshooting to do before next season.

Tony

I bought 10 big Rubbermaid storage bins to replace the cardboard boxes I've used until now. :P

Plus, I picked up a 5-shelf storage rack. It's pretty sturdy and I'll be going back tomorrow to get a few more and then tear down the old shelves in the garage. (They are probably as old as I am but in worse shape - if that's possible.) ;)

well first time posting here and i am starting from scratch from previous years hit wal mart target lowes and home depot spent approx 1400.00 just on lights now have 12 22 gallon rubber made boxes full of lights and a starting count of 65,000 lights blue green red clear and multi color and an appointment with physciatrist on tuesday. have 15 pages of drawings and havent been to sleep before 4:00 a.m. in three weeks from surfing the net wife has threatened to purchase a pack of double aa's battries if i dont start coming to bed at a reasonable time. i told her my lights are electric not battery powered and she threw a wood spoon at me no sense of humor just a warning questions shall follow in the next few months please be patient with me. another fla. boy with a new hobby. glad to be here.:waycool:

update to my suplys. just went over to wallmart and found 25 ct c9's for 2.70 a box! what a deal! i bought about half of the shelves stock for next year. heres a pic of everything together today.

total:

--Walmart-

6 boxes of 25ct clear c9 = 2.70 per box

6 boxes of 25ct blue c9 = 2.70 per box

5 boxes of 25ct multi c9 = 2.70 per box

-Kmart-

5 boxes of 150 ct clear icicle lights = 6.99 per box

5 boxes of 150ct multi icicle lights = 6.99 per box

6 boxes of 300ct blue icicle lights = 5.99 per box

4 boxes of 10 ct 10" lightup candy canes = 5.99 per box

1 holographic wreath with ribbons lighted ect. = 5.99 per box

img00006zs9.jpg

Guest johnny christmas

only got 3 lowes toy soldier blowmolds for $6 each (original was 24) a few packs of lights stakes for 99¢ each and a few packs of c9 clear bulbs for 24¢ each.

walmart had crap left

WalMart 1/2 off

100 boxes Red 10,000

25boxes Green, 2500

75Blue 7,500

75 Purple 7,500

LOTS more of Red,Blue and Purple at one store

Dollar General, was going toget 20 deer @ 1/2off(was $10 each) but they are packing up all lights as well. #&^%...... no discount on there lights.

2 -8 ft inflatable's $10 each

Home Depot 12-24 had the 70 count boxes at $2.14, asked and received discount to $.99 for 100+

100boxesgreen 7000

20 boxes red 1400

12 gold(yellow) 840

Walgreen's

with internet coupon $4.99 per box

2 pack reindeer (mom and child) 5 boxes---10 total

2 pack flying 4 boxes 8 total

TOTAL NEW LIGHT's- COUNT 36,740

Had to stop. As I live 35 miles out of town I had no more room in the car.

With what I picked up there will be color in next years display.

I really surprised at myself. Before the sales started I figured I would be grabbing everything in site. I only bought somewheres around 30,000 minis and 5 boxes of those large plastic C-9 imitation lawn stake lights also a lighted wreath for the mantle and a dozen boxes of twinkling multi color icicle lights.

Home Depot hadten of those 200' foot spools of faceted LED white lights for $17.

I really would have liked to get them but figured I would hold out till next years sales.Next years display will be all color so I really wont need them till 2009 when we plan on doingan all white display.

I'm hoping they will be even cheaper next year?

I hope I don't regret this decision.

Tony Furst wrote:

Just a note of caution on the 200 count c6 spools from Home Depot, got home today and tried them out and the first 25 bulbs on one strand are DOA. Also found several of the faceted caps are missing. The bad part is both spools were still wrapped in their original plastic. HD won't take them back because they are clearance items.

Need to go through them and determine where the problem is. My initial guess is a bad connection in one of the sockets, so I'll have a bit of troubleshooting to do before next season.

Tony

Tony did you talk to them? If the items are damaged they should return them. HD has the best policy I have ever seen. I heard of one that gave a return on some tires cause a customer insisted they bought them there. They did it to satisfy them and they dont sell tires!!!!! That story came straight from an employee.

3700 red minis

2500 blue minis

3800 green minis

Santa's workshop inflatable

Beach bum santa inflatable

Spinning 10' archway infltable

Hot cocoa stand inflatable

I hope to go get more this week if my check comes, maybe it's better it didn't:laughing:

I hope to get some LED rope light when the after Christmas sales start. I was adding up amperage and I'm getting up there with my previous lights and inflatables and the new stuff. :shock:

7200 clear mini's

6000 multi mini's

4900 red mini's

3900 blue mini's

3500 green mini's

1960 blue mega mini's

1680 yellow mega mini's

40 -18' clear ropes

8 - 18' red ropes

12 - 18' blue ropes

24 - 150ea. XL GE Clear Icicle

14 - 150ea. GE Blue Icicle

12 - 150ct. triple swags

1 - 175ct. 33" Lighted Wreath

A 6X10 STORAGE UNIT TO PUT EVERYTHING IN! :laughing:

Should bring our grand total to over 60,000 lights up next year :shock:

Did I mention that we'll have to upgrade off of Mr. Christmas....

If anyone wants aMr. Christmas for next year let us know, it's already been modified for the FM Transmitter.