Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Sign in to follow this  
hobby1

Inventory Spreadsheet Ideas

I have a spreadsheet that i made to import Animated light files. If someone could send me a LOR fileI can look into importing it as well.

It is somewhat different layout from this one but does the same thing. The sheet was posted last year at http://www.animatedlighting.com/support/usermanuals.aspscroll down towards the bottom and you will see "Power load Calculation spreadsheet.

I have a spreadsheet that i made to import Animated light files. If someone could send me a LOR fileI can look into importing it as well.

It is somewhat different layout from this one but does the same thing. The sheet was posted last year at http://www.animatedlighting.com/support/usermanuals.aspscroll down towards the bottom and you will see "Power load Calculation spreadsheet.

mmulvenna wrote:

I don't know much about AL but are the controller loads different for LOR and AL or do the controllers handle the same thing?

That XLS file does sound useful and I would like to see how that works. Will it work once LOR II is released for final?

mmulvenna wrote:

I don't know much about AL but are the controller loads different for LOR and AL or do the controllers handle the same thing?

That XLS file does sound useful and I would like to see how that works. Will it work once LOR II is released for final?

The AL spreadsheet is nice, but a lot more basic. I lot the Quartz sheet a lot better, IMHO, just because I can not only inventory lights but you can then map out numerous controllers and view them one by one. The Quartz spreasheet allows you to define which controllers are 30amp and which are 40amp capable. And if you have some 8 ch controllers, 15amp (most likely).

The AL spreadsheet is nice, but a lot more basic. I lot the Quartz sheet a lot better, IMHO, just because I can not only inventory lights but you can then map out numerous controllers and view them one by one. The Quartz spreasheet allows you to define which controllers are 30amp and which are 40amp capable. And if you have some 8 ch controllers, 15amp (most likely).

hobby1 wrote:

J Morgan wrote:

These are LED nets so it will be different, right? How do I determine the watt of each bulb?

I've just been trying to keep it at the bulb level and so I always count the bulbs and sometimes try the following in the watts per bulb cell: +ROUND(watts/bulbs,4) [ for cell C6 in the hobby1 illustation above ] ... which I have measured (or know) the total watts for the string and also have counted (or know) the # of bulbs on the string. Then I check to see if the AMPS per string seems to jive with what I have measured for the string ... and its it low, I increase the watts per bulb till its reading the correct amps. For some reason, my 'watts up' reads too low on the watts (esp. wth LEDs) but the amps are correct. So I have to increase the watts per bulb till I get the desired amps (amp measured). It's mainly with the LED's that this happens, so many the Watts Up can't handle really low watts measurements?

hobby1 wrote:

J Morgan wrote:

These are LED nets so it will be different, right? How do I determine the watt of each bulb?

I've just been trying to keep it at the bulb level and so I always count the bulbs and sometimes try the following in the watts per bulb cell: +ROUND(watts/bulbs,4) [ for cell C6 in the hobby1 illustation above ] ... which I have measured (or know) the total watts for the string and also have counted (or know) the # of bulbs on the string. Then I check to see if the AMPS per string seems to jive with what I have measured for the string ... and its it low, I increase the watts per bulb till its reading the correct amps. For some reason, my 'watts up' reads too low on the watts (esp. wth LEDs) but the amps are correct. So I have to increase the watts per bulb till I get the desired amps (amp measured). It's mainly with the LED's that this happens, so many the Watts Up can't handle really low watts measurements?

taybrynn wrote:

That is whyI asked for the test file and file layout so you can import the show file and it will build your controller tabs just like it does for the AL show file. If someone would send me oneI will be happy to make the change so it can import files other than AL. I can also make a change for the amps per controller that would be a piece of cake

taybrynn wrote:

That is whyI asked for the test file and file layout so you can import the show file and it will build your controller tabs just like it does for the AL show file. If someone would send me oneI will be happy to make the change so it can import files other than AL. I can also make a change for the amps per controller that would be a piece of cake

Thanks sounds great!! Sorry I didn't understand you at first. I am a newbie, so I don't have a good file to send you. I'm some someone here could help you out with a sample file ...

Thanks sounds great!! Sorry I didn't understand you at first. I am a newbie, so I don't have a good file to send you. I'm some someone here could help you out with a sample file ...

I'm still learning LOR as this was my first year but I've beenprogramming in various languages for almost 20+ years. If we could put our collective minds to it we can create an Excel macro that would allow the user to pick the various types of channel configuration files and populate the spreadsheet.The question then becomes how do we best plug in the channel names/etc?

I'll even throw out the first bit of VBA code that would allow us to choose a file and then import it ...

Sub pcChannelImport()

Dim hFile As Integer

Dim bTemp As Byte

Dim sLine As Variant

Dim sFile As String

Dim lByte As Long

Dim iRow As Integer

hFile = FreeFile

lByte = 0

Dim fd As FileDialog

Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)

With fd

.Filters.Clear

.Filters.Add "LOR Channel Configuration File", "*.LCC"

' add other filters here ....

.AllowMultiSelect = False

If .Show = -1 Then

sFile = fd.SelectedItems.Item(1)

Open sFile For Binary Access Read As hFile

' process files based on suffix

Close hFile

End If

End With

Set fd = Nothing

End Sub

I'm still learning LOR as this was my first year but I've beenprogramming in various languages for almost 20+ years. If we could put our collective minds to it we can create an Excel macro that would allow the user to pick the various types of channel configuration files and populate the spreadsheet.The question then becomes how do we best plug in the channel names/etc?

I'll even throw out the first bit of VBA code that would allow us to choose a file and then import it ...

Sub pcChannelImport()

Dim hFile As Integer

Dim bTemp As Byte

Dim sLine As Variant

Dim sFile As String

Dim lByte As Long

Dim iRow As Integer

hFile = FreeFile

lByte = 0

Dim fd As FileDialog

Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)

With fd

.Filters.Clear

.Filters.Add "LOR Channel Configuration File", "*.LCC"

' add other filters here ....

.AllowMultiSelect = False

If .Show = -1 Then

sFile = fd.SelectedItems.Item(1)

Open sFile For Binary Access Read As hFile

' process files based on suffix

Close hFile

End If

End With