LED Group Pre Buy Program from Creative Displays

I agree that the website says that. Butthe stringsalso carry the UL approval. Which since UL has not updated their guidelines to keep up with the LED revolution still technically limits to 3 strings plugged end to end.

Chuck

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the website says that. Butthe stringsalso carry the UL approval. Which since UL has not updated their guidelines to keep up with the LED revolution still technically limits to 3 strings plugged end to end.

Chuck

cmoore wrote:

Chuck

Gotcha! ;)

cmoore wrote:

Chuck

Gotcha! ;)

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I see the world wide copper market had it's affect on LED prices. :? I might be taking a year off from ordering more, the Air Force doesn't pay that well! ;)

No kidding, but copper hasn't moved THIS much - it was under 6% for last year. This pre-season pricing represents an increase of almost 60% over last year's pre-sale, especially for the LED colors that are cheapest to produce. That seems really high considering that observed in-season retail prices for LEDS dropped substantially. Here's the comparison:

M5-50L Red 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Gold 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Blue 37.4% Increase

M5-50L Green 40.3% Increase

M5-50L White16.7% Increase

M5-50L Multi 53.2% Increase

M5-50L Warm 17.4% Increase

M5-50L Orange53.1% Increase

M5-50L Purple 12.4% Increase

C6-50L Red 59.2% Increase

C6-50L Gold 59.2% Increase

C6-50L Blue 41.0% Increase

C6-50L Green 43.5% Increase

C6-50L White 20.1% Increase

C6-50L Multi 53.2% Increase

C6-50L Warm 20.9% Increase

C6-50L Orange 56.2% Increase

C6-50L Purple 15.9% Increase

And I thought this would be the breakout year for LEDs. Ouch...

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I see the world wide copper market had it's affect on LED prices. :? I might be taking a year off from ordering more, the Air Force doesn't pay that well! ;)

No kidding, but copper hasn't moved THIS much - it was under 6% for last year. This pre-season pricing represents an increase of almost 60% over last year's pre-sale, especially for the LED colors that are cheapest to produce. That seems really high considering that observed in-season retail prices for LEDS dropped substantially. Here's the comparison:

RetinaDamage wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I wasnt around for last years, but I was 'hoping' I guess is the word to use, that I was going to be a cant be beat deal. If it is, maybe I did pick the wrong year to get into this. That's not a whine btw, just a statement of fact, plus now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not getting out to the after xmas sales for LEDs.. Sooooo mad at myself right now..

RetinaDamage wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

I wasnt around for last years, but I was 'hoping' I guess is the word to use, that I was going to be a cant be beat deal. If it is, maybe I did pick the wrong year to get into this. That's not a whine btw, just a statement of fact, plus now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not getting out to the after xmas sales for LEDs.. Sooooo mad at myself right now..

Jim,

The 5 millimeter concave, according to looking at the manufactures webpage is like the little button LEDs. The lense does not pertrude much past the socket. The M5 is about the size of regular minis.

Chuck

P.S. Oh well I tried to add pictures but did not figure it out.

Jim,

The 5 millimeter concave, according to looking at the manufactures webpage is like the little button LEDs. The lense does not pertrude much past the socket. The M5 is about the size of regular minis.

Chuck

P.S. Oh well I tried to add pictures but did not figure it out.

Couple of questions for the more experienced among us.

-- Would C6s be too large for a mega tree or should I stick with M5s?

-- I'm thinking of buying 48 sets of the 100-Light sets (whichever you recommend above -16 strands of RGW). I believe the strings are 33.6' long, so I plan torun themdown and back up (doubled up) the tree (again, 16 channels each color). Does that sound okay? Too many lights? Too few for a 17' tree?

-- What's the recommendation betweenwhite andwarm white? I'd like them to color match my white incandescent arches.

Considering I'll be spending a small fortune ($700or more) on the lights to support thisplan, I'd appreciate any help with these questions. Thanks...

J.D.

-- I'm thinking of buying 48 sets of the 100-Light sets (whichever you recommend above -16 strands of RGW). I believe the strings are 33.6' long, so I plan torun themdown and back up (doubled up) the tree (again, 16 channels each color). Does that sound okay? Too many lights? Too few for a 17' tree?

-- What's the recommendation betweenwhite andwarm white? I'd like them to color match my white incandescent arches.

Considering I'll be spending a small fortune ($700or more) on the lights to support thisplan, I'd appreciate any help with these questions. Thanks...

J.D.

J.D.

J.D.

I checked what I paid last year and the price increase was no where near the percentages noted above. Am I missing something?

Gary