C6-50L Gold 59.2% Increase

C6-50L Blue 41.0% Increase

C6-50L Green 43.5% Increase

C6-50L White 20.1% Increase

C6-50L Multi 53.2% Increase

C6-50L Warm 20.9% Increase

C6-50L Orange 56.2% Increase

C6-50L Purple 15.9% Increase

I checked what I paid last year and the price increase was no where near the percentages noted above. Am I missing something?

Gary

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elmochamp wrote:

I checked what I paid last year and the price increase was no where near the percentages noted above. Am I missing something?

Gary

I think the comparison is based on last years pre order sale prices with this years.

elmochamp wrote:

Gary

I think the comparison is based on last years pre order sale prices with this years.

RetinaDamage wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

No kidding, but copper hasn't moved THIS much - it was under 6% for last year. This pre-season pricing represents an increase of almost 60% over last year's pre-sale, especially for the LED colors that are cheapest to produce. That seems really high considering that observed in-season retail prices for LEDS dropped substantially. Here's the comparison:

M5-50L Red 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Gold 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Blue 37.4% Increase

M5-50L Green 40.3% Increase

M5-50L White16.7% Increase

M5-50L Multi 53.2% Increase

M5-50L Warm 17.4% Increase

M5-50L Orange53.1% Increase

M5-50L Purple 12.4% Increase

C6-50L Red 59.2% Increase

And I thought this would be the breakout year for LEDs. Ouch...

It is more than the copper situation, Shipping has increased dramaticaly add to that the U.S. dollars continuing decline in value and raw material cost increases over the year and ......well...... Man, I wanted to go large with led's this year

RetinaDamage wrote:

Jeff_Womack wrote:

No kidding, but copper hasn't moved THIS much - it was under 6% for last year. This pre-season pricing represents an increase of almost 60% over last year's pre-sale, especially for the LED colors that are cheapest to produce. That seems really high considering that observed in-season retail prices for LEDS dropped substantially. Here's the comparison:

M5-50L Red 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Gold 56.4% Increase

M5-50L Blue 37.4% Increase

M5-50L Green 40.3% Increase

M5-50L White16.7% Increase

M5-50L Multi 53.2% Increase

M5-50L Warm 17.4% Increase

M5-50L Orange53.1% Increase

M5-50L Purple 12.4% Increase

C6-50L Red 59.2% Increase

And I thought this would be the breakout year for LEDs. Ouch...

It is more than the copper situation, Shipping has increased dramaticaly add to that the U.S. dollars continuing decline in value and raw material cost increases over the year and ......well...... Man, I wanted to go large with led's this year

Duke wrote:

Are the5mm concaves also considered to be "wide angle"?

I assume they will be similar to these. We have these on our Christmas tree, and they are really bright, from all angles. Notice the little triangular shape, which tends to spread the light out.

5mm_LED_01.JPG

5mm_LED_02.JPG

5mm_LED_03.JPG

Duke wrote:

Are the5mm concaves also considered to be "wide angle"?

I assume they will be similar to these. We have these on our Christmas tree, and they are really bright, from all angles. Notice the little triangular shape, which tends to spread the light out.

5mm_LED_01.JPG

5mm_LED_02.JPG

5mm_LED_03.JPG

Ok...this is the first timeI haveeverconsidered buyingLEDs online and looking at that spreadsheet completely confused me. Can someone post pictures of the different lights? Like, m5, m6 and so on.

Also, does anyone have a picture of the warm white and cool white led?

I apologize for being so clueless but in the beginning we all were, right? haha

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Ok...this is the first timeI haveeverconsidered buyingLEDs online and looking at that spreadsheet completely confused me. Can someone post pictures of the different lights? Like, m5, m6 and so on.

A worksheet that is better then the other I had, so I changed thelink to this one..

Has length figured and allows you to enter quantities of 12 packs to order and keeps a running total for you :)

http://www.mousetrip.net/MINI_LED_PRE_ORDER_Worksheet.xls

A worksheet that is better then the other I had, so I changed thelink to this one..

Has length figured and allows you to enter quantities of 12 packs to order and keeps a running total for you :)

http://www.mousetrip.net/MINI_LED_PRE_ORDER_Worksheet.xls

sabrina02 wrote:

M5 are the 'minis' that almost everyone uses, they will look like the bulb that pull in and out.. c6 look like 'real' bulbs, but the small ones, the c9's look like the ones that you would hang out on your porch, that would always get broken when the wind blows :)..

Most LED's are 'faceted' (sp) to make the light less 'in your face' IMO, where 'regular' bulbs are just colored glass. LED can be very bright when you look right at the actual LED straight on, so I think they make the 'crystal' looking covers for them to spread that light out.. at least that's how I would describe them...

sabrina02 wrote:

M5 are the 'minis' that almost everyone uses, they will look like the bulb that pull in and out.. c6 look like 'real' bulbs, but the small ones, the c9's look like the ones that you would hang out on your porch, that would always get broken when the wind blows :)..

Most LED's are 'faceted' (sp) to make the light less 'in your face' IMO, where 'regular' bulbs are just colored glass. LED can be very bright when you look right at the actual LED straight on, so I think they make the 'crystal' looking covers for them to spread that light out.. at least that's how I would describe them...

Wow, I'm in way more than I thought I would be, even at these great prices...

Paul, you can expect my order within the next week or so. I still need to measure some places on my house...and I'm trying to decide between 2 or 3 - 20' leaping light arches! And I thought the controllers were going to be expensive!

Wow, I'm in way more than I thought I would be, even at these great prices...

Paul, you can expect my order within the next week or so. I still need to measure some places on my house...and I'm trying to decide between 2 or 3 - 20' leaping light arches! And I thought the controllers were going to be expensive!

Guest Jeff_Womack

J.D. wrote:

Couple of questions for the more experienced among us.

-- Would C6s be too large for a mega tree or should I stick with M5s?

-- I'm thinking of buying 48 sets of the 100-Light sets (whichever you recommend above -16 strands of RGW). I believe the strings are 33.6' long, so I plan torun themdown and back up (doubled up) the tree (again, 16 channels each color). Does that sound okay? Too many lights? Too few for a 17' tree?

-- What's the recommendation betweenwhite andwarm white? I'd like them to color match my white incandescent arches.

Considering I'll be spending a small fortune ($700or more) on the lights to support thisplan, I'd appreciate any help with these questions. Thanks...

J.D.

J.D.,

C6s are a prefered size among many of us who have been using LEDs for a while. Everyone has their preferences but my opinion is NO C6's are not too big. They are perfect!

The number of lights sounds pretty good, just remember not to spread the bottom of your tree out too much.

LED whites WILL NOT match your incandescent whites but the closest thing will be the warm whites. The Cool whites are more of the bluish white.

Guest Jeff_Womack

J.D. wrote:

Couple of questions for the more experienced among us.

-- Would C6s be too large for a mega tree or should I stick with M5s?

-- I'm thinking of buying 48 sets of the 100-Light sets (whichever you recommend above -16 strands of RGW). I believe the strings are 33.6' long, so I plan torun themdown and back up (doubled up) the tree (again, 16 channels each color). Does that sound okay? Too many lights? Too few for a 17' tree?

-- What's the recommendation betweenwhite andwarm white? I'd like them to color match my white incandescent arches.

Considering I'll be spending a small fortune ($700or more) on the lights to support thisplan, I'd appreciate any help with these questions. Thanks...

J.D.

J.D.,

C6s are a prefered size among many of us who have been using LEDs for a while. Everyone has their preferences but my opinion is NO C6's are not too big. They are perfect!

The number of lights sounds pretty good, just remember not to spread the bottom of your tree out too much.

LED whites WILL NOT match your incandescent whites but the closest thing will be the warm whites. The Cool whites are more of the bluish white.

Guest Jeff_Womack

sabrina02 wrote:

Sabrina,

First know that I am from Tennessee so the following is a little good natured ribbing from your northern border. Well of course you're clueless you're from Alabama! Ok that's out of my system so I will get down to seriously answering your questions.

The M5 is a mini bulb just like the Walmart/Target/wherever brand mini lights you get for $2 a set. The 5 represents 5 millimeter. Sometimes you will also see a M6 which is slightly larger for those of you edumacated in Bamer. Dang it there I go again! :]

The C6/C7/C9 are the shape of the regular C series bulbs. The C stands for conical and the number is the sizing. Home Depot's small LEDs were C3 bulbs. C6's tend to be one of the most popular and useable sizes out there. Your MVP if you will of LED lighting, they can be used for anything. C7 and C9 bulbs should ellicit a question from you before buying any of them. That question is "How many diodes are in each 'bulb'?" Experiencehas shown that C7 and C9 LEDs with only one diode (or bulb if you will) in each plastic casing as too dim.

Hope that helps and thanks for taking some good natured ribbing. Go Vols!

Guest Jeff_Womack

sabrina02 wrote:

Sabrina,

First know that I am from Tennessee so the following is a little good natured ribbing from your northern border. Well of course you're clueless you're from Alabama! Ok that's out of my system so I will get down to seriously answering your questions.

The M5 is a mini bulb just like the Walmart/Target/wherever brand mini lights you get for $2 a set. The 5 represents 5 millimeter. Sometimes you will also see a M6 which is slightly larger for those of you edumacated in Bamer. Dang it there I go again! :]

The C6/C7/C9 are the shape of the regular C series bulbs. The C stands for conical and the number is the sizing. Home Depot's small LEDs were C3 bulbs. C6's tend to be one of the most popular and useable sizes out there. Your MVP if you will of LED lighting, they can be used for anything. C7 and C9 bulbs should ellicit a question from you before buying any of them. That question is "How many diodes are in each 'bulb'?" Experiencehas shown that C7 and C9 LEDs with only one diode (or bulb if you will) in each plastic casing as too dim.

Jeff_Womack wrote:

sabrina02 wrote:

Sabrina,

Also,the C7 and C9 style LED's cannot be dimmed.

C6 and smaller CAN be dimmed.

You need to consider this in making your purchase decision as well.

Jeff_Womack wrote:

sabrina02 wrote:

Sabrina,

Also,the C7 and C9 style LED's cannot be dimmed.

C6 and smaller CAN be dimmed.

You need to consider this in making your purchase decision as well.