received a letter,,,

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pnewcomb1 wrote:

Last year I put a penguin in the middle of the bunch that was holding a sign that said "I HATE SNOWMEN". Got lots of laughs and good comments.

That's funny! Do you have a pic of that one too???

CHRISL1976 wrote:

njcoastline wrote:

I preffer" If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't had made them so TASTY"......Pass the A1 sauce!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

PETA - People for the eating of tasty animals

I don't happen to have the penguin in a picture...you can sorta see him in the distance to the right of the hunter snowman.

Thank-you to all for your comments. I saw it as humor, but was concerned about not really ever thinking about being politically correct. It really never crosses my mind until one of my daughters brings me up short. They thought this was funny so I thought I was in the clear.

Rest assured that thesigns will go back up next year with even more. Working on an LOL system with the airblows incorporated.

Paul

Please, this is AMERICA!!! Never ever ever be concerned with being "politically correct". You have first amendment rights, and if they don't like it, they can go jump off a cliff.

Personally, I really thought your display idea was funny and creative!!!!

I too saw a display with a wire frame deer hung up in a tree with red lights, however this individual used a grinch as the hunter--It was quite funny in a twisted sort of way.

MrsD wrote:

David Balch wrote:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bad Phyllis! Ok so I shouldn't have laughed at that ... his 30 friends wouldn't have a sense of humor about it.

That's hilarious.

Here's my suggestion on those 30 pansies-

Write a letter stating how they are too sensitive/pansies, and we'll kind of in a "pony express" fashion pass it around the PC community. Once you get, say, 300 signatures, it gets sent back to you, you make 30 copies and send one to each of the people who signed the letter you recieved.

That'll make them feel small and shut them up in a hurry. :devil:

Entropy wrote:

MrsD wrote:

Yep, one would have to take seriously the threat of being chased down and shot BY A SNOWMAN.

Oh yes, those snowmen are something to watch out for! :]

But as everyone knows, stranger things have happened. (Anyone see the American Idol Auditions? Talk about weird!)

--Daniel L

tfischer wrote:

I should add that we received a similar letter a few years back. It was unsigned, placed in our mailbox (a federal crime, by the way), and essentially said "we enjoyed looking at your lights, but as athiests we were highly offended by your religious content and request that it be removed".

Obviously they are thetype that does not understand that "freedom of religion" does NOT mean that they are guaranteed freedom from religion. I really have no patience for people like that.

TED

pnewcomb1 wrote:

The letter complained that my humor was off color. Also said "perhaps PETA would be interested in seeing the pictures".

It is somewhat "off color". I don't particularly like it but I would never complain about it! The idea that PETA would be interested is insane (but so is some of the things they do). Does this person think that PETA is supposed to protect snowmen? or inflatable figures?

TED

some people just dont get it

Dale W wrote:

I think it is funny.

But I am a southern male, gun ownin', redneck (and proud of it). I am sorry that there are 30 pansies in you state that don't get hunting humor.

For what it's worth, I am a member of PETA too: People Eating Tasty Animals.

yeah mark one up for hunters :waycool:

hunters unite

Michigan deer hunter bow and gun yeah:D

• 2 months later...

mountainwxman wrote:

Dale W wrote:

AMEN! :]

Double AMEN! My dad is a hunter andwanted that snowman real bad but the price and fear of the people eating tasty animals was too high. My grandfather is also a hunter and his stairwell & basement are full of mounted deer and various animal heads. (Antlers are good to hang ornaments on too!:P)

That is incredible... the nerve that people have... Doesn't anyone in this world have a sense of humor... Nobody laughs anymore... Everyone is too serious.... I would make a petition and get as many people to sign it as possible... the petition would really knock those stupid neighbors of yours whos bo$$ :laughing::laughing:

• 7 months later...

ROFL! OMG! I am setting here, Laughing to beat all. :D

Go, Cousin Ted Nugent (Yes, he is a Distant Cousin of mine)!:D

Oh, and I am also PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals, we Love our Meat and Potatoes here. :D

I too own Guns, plan on getting a Coach Gun and a couple of Shotguns somewhere in the near future.

Right now, I own 2 Pistols.

LOVE that Inflatable Hunter Snowman! Too Cute! :D

Oh and I will sign that Petition too - Don't leave me out of that one. :D

• 2 months later...

A bit off topic, but those PETA folks are a little "out there". This letter was recently sent to a high school in our State for a town called "Spearfish". I wouldn't believe it if it hadn't made the media all over around here. All I can say is....wow....THAT just happened...

January 7, 2009

Steve Morford, Principal

Spearfish High School

1725 N. Main St.

Spearfish, SD 57783

Dear Principal Morford

I'm writing to you on behalf of PETA, the world's largest animal rights organization, with more than 2 million members and supporters. In early October, PETA launched its Sea Kitten campaign, which suggests a name-change for fish as a way to promote empathy for them and other marine animals. Today, we're proposing that Spearfish High School adopt a new name to reflect the gentle nature of its current marine namesake.

We're hoping that by calling fish "sea kittens," compassionate people who would never hurt a dog or a cat will realize that fish feel pain and fear, just like furry and winged animals do. In fact, neurobiologists tell us that fish have complex nervous systems that comprehend and respond to pain. Fish communicate and develop relationships with one another, show affection by gently rubbing against other fish, and even grieve when their companions die. However, when they are dragged from the ocean's depths, sea kittens undergo excruciating decompression, often causing their eyes to pop out and pushing their stomachs out through their mouths. When they are tossed onto ships' decks, many sea kittens slowly suffocate or are crushed to death. This is no way to treat a "kitten."

Most parents would never dream of spending a family weekend torturing kittens, but hooking fish through their mouths and pulling them through the water is just as painful as hooking a cat's mouth and dragging him or her behind a car. We're hoping that this name change will encourage people young and old to start treating these gentle "kittens of the sea" with respect