Neighbor stopped tonight to thank me

As I was taking down lights a neighbor that I really dont know stopped to say thank you so much for doing this for us. I told him I was glad he appreciated it. He said many nights they would drive by and stop for 10-15 minutes just watching it. I told him thats why I do it.Than asked about the arches, thought they were a kit.

I just love my neighborhood!!!

We were tearing down all day and I had at least 3 people walking/driving by say that they really enjoyed the lights. One woman in particular was slathering on the compliments.

Ever since we had our neighbor issues a few years back, I've always been apprenenshive of what people might say walking by, etc. -- I know the one woman canvassed the neighborhood trying to rally support for her against us. But by an large we've received nothing but compliments, so I'm slowly getting over that saga...

-Tim

I would be just devastated if I had people complaining about my lights, and than to try to get others to do the same would be awful.

The compliments are nice though, even more so when you are tearing down. It reminds you of why we do this.

you guys are so lucky to have nice neighbors....i mean i do too, just not on my street unfortunatley..

But im not gonna let them get me down....I have the right to have my light show and decorate my yard...

I sold some of my wireframe deer to a neighbor yesterday and he came in his truck to pick them up...i know that lady across the street who has issues with us saw...I bet she was doing a jig in her house or tap dancing on her kitchen floor or something seeing the deer go...but little does she know how much bigger and what other things i have in store for 2008...hehe

snowlover, maybe the neighbor will get sick enough of it and decide to move or better yet join in on the fun. I knew the day I moved to this house, one of the neighbors that I knew from over 30 yrs ago (didnt know her since that) came over and started unpacking the u-haul and said oh you have competition. She had no idea that he was the one with competition. But every year since than the neighborhood gets brighter and brighter. But never one complaint yet.

Another neighbor came by to bring a plate of cookies over for xmas and said I just love your yard it is so much fun to see what is going to be in it next as it is always changing.

Hey Peggy,

It is soooooonice when the neighbors thank you. One neighbor of mine stopped and handed the neighbor next to me and myself...scratch off lotto tickets as a thank you. Wow what a nice gesture...and no I didn't win anything but was the thought and the fact that they liked the lights.

It just makes you feel good, especially during take down time...which is not much fun and kind of sad knowing that we are going back to the darkness of winter nights.

Mary Jayne that was awful nice of them. Not fun is an under statement. Last night I woke up I think 4 times with multiple charlie horses in my legs. Start with one than got out of bed and would end up with 3 to 4 in each leg!!! I am just getting ready to go back out again now. It happens everytime I get on ladders, but yesterday I think it was from trudging through all the snow. GRRRRRRR!!!

My neighbor wont move...they just fixed their house up and bought it new 2 years ago.....They wont go anywhere for a long time....They keep adding stuff....

She called the police on us on Dec 23rd for the traffic on the street, but the police didnt even come over hereto talk to us and she looked madabout that.

But thats okay...i dont want her to move...i just want her to leave me alone as i do her and her husband....and just let me have my Christmas as everyone else does.

Most neighbors love lights static or animated.....so be thankful if you have fun, and awesome neighbors....The main thing is..just keep doing what your doing and dont let mean people ruin your spirit...

My wife and I were home this afternoon, when the doorbell rings. My wife answers the door and I hear a woman talking to her and saying on behalf of her family she wanted to thank us for our Christmas display this year. She said her kids enjoyed it immensly and wanted to comeback, so they did (5 times). She said she enjoyed it so much, she was telling her friends and neighbors about it (she told us that she didn't live in our development but lived in the development adjacent to ours). She said she hadn't see a home Christmas display like this before and compared it to when she lived in Texas; how the neighborhood she lived in was all decked out. It made my wife and I feel really good to see it was appreciated.

Our immediate neighbors in our development (app. 70 homes), at a Christmas party told us how much they enjoyed it too. This was our first year going computerized. They had a ton of questions, I met neighbors, I had never met before. I had one neighbor joke with me and say he wanted to do a light-off with me next year (2008), my response....bring the Christmas spirit on. :]

To get thank you's and to also to and see and hear kids reactions to it while it was running, makes it all worth it; especially my own kids. Like it has been said before by others in the PC forums, making memories for a lifetime for our family, as well as others.

We got a letter in the mail the other day thanking us for putting up the display and how much they and thier family enjoyed it and they cant wait till next year.

It really makes it worth while when you get someone taking time to come bye later or sit down and write a thank you letter.....

While I was taking lights down a lady walked by with her young son and dog. The lady commented on how wonderful the lights were and as they walked on the little boy sobbed a little asking why if they couldn't come back and see the lights again tonight - just broke my heart a little

Hello to everyone;; This is my first year at attempting to do a large display and have also recently just moved into this area;;very quiet;;;We had the children from a few houses away come down every night and help in the display setting up etc;;;They were wonderful;;;I had to take charge of the lollie bag!!! at times as they would all start to argue who was giving them out to the next car load of visitors;;;;all in good fun!!!! Like you all I have had much enjoyment at watching all the children,s faces and listening to their laughter when they see the light,s and animated display,s etc;What real satisfaction that was;;;One of the girl,s a 7 year old her father passed away a few weeks before Christmas sand her mother was so overwhelmed and greatful for the effort and time we put into the display to show people what the spirit of Christmas was all about;;;giving and sharing;;;;even to strangers;;;;Then there was the lovley cards thanking us for bringing so much joy to the community and people around!!!and last but not least the biggest bunch of flower,s from a husband and wife who wanted to thank me for giving such wonderful joy and pleasure to all;;;;;;;Nice to know all your hard work and worrying if things look good was very very much appreciated!!!!!!!! Already planning a better show for next Christmas;;;;;G/DAY TO ALL FROM OZ;;; Maz.