Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
wirekat

MR16 LED Group Buy III

I'm thinking if I get more interest the cutoff will be about February 10th.

Right now I need to know colors and quantities of anyone interested.

I'm not going to hold you to it but I can only buy in groups of 100 of each color.

I might be interested in 14 red, 14 blue and 14 green.

I have 29 from group buy 2. If I get these are they going to dim differently than my others? If so then this might be difficult for me to use both, so I wouold need to rplace the existing ones I have.

chuck or any lor dc controller users?Can you use the dc board stand alone after christmas as a landscape light controller? I want to use the dc board and mr 16's as up-lights the rest of the year. their low wattage is hard to beat. plus it ups the waf factor.

You could use the DC power supply by itself but the DC LOR controller would

need to activly hooked up to a PC and running software to work.

would they run off a landscapeac power pack withtimer kevin? I know you said they work with ac and dc correct or should I just put a wall wart and timer in a weather resistant box?

On further consideration, in addition tothe original 10 Cool White I opted for, I think10 blue,10 green,and 10 red could open up a lot of possibilities for me.

It's going to be a colorful 2008! :waycool:

I would like to change my quanities from

6-red, 6-blue, 6-green to

10-red, 10-blue, 10-green, 10-cool white.

Hope you get enough interest to do this buy!

kyle

Kevin, do you know anything about the light output of these bulbs? I'm curious how many lumens the white ones put out, since I could theoretically use them inside my house for normal spot lighting as a replacement for compact fluorescent bulbs if I can work out a good 12 volt light source inside the house (I think I have an unused 12v wall wart in the garage that would do the trick).

Hi,

I would like to order some of these bulbs. Please count me in for:

12 Warm White

12Blue

12Green

12Red

Thanks,

Randy

wirekat wrote:

I will probably order the following colors; Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Cool White.

The pricing will similar to the last order: Red~$3.50, Green~$4.80, Blue~$4.00,

Yellow~$3.75 and WW~$4.90. These price are only a guess at this point but I'll

have a better idea once I get a current quote from China.

One correction here. This was supposed to be Cool White not WW (warm white).

I am checking with the factory to see if warm white is available but if it's not I'll need

to hear for those that requested Warm White.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin,

You asked for your feedback in two areas:

How many of each colorwould you order? - 4 each of Green, Red, Blue, Yellow

When would you like this to start? - Start now please. If you wait, I'm sure my order will only increase and as the boxes shipped get bigger, they also get harder to hide.

Thanks

wirekat wrote:

wirekat wrote:

One correction here. This was supposed to be Cool White not WW (warm white).

I am checking with the factory to see if warm white is available but if it's not I'll need

to hear for those that requested Warm White.

Sorry for the confusion.

Here's the answer:

Yes I can order Warm White in addition to Cool White. I just need to get a little

closer to a 100 quantity. Right now I have 33 requested. I don't mind holding

onto 20 or 30 extra but 67 is a bit much. I am running into the same problem

with the Yellow. I only have requests for 24 yellow now.

Also I'm pretty sure I only want to do this once this year so when you're gone I

probably won't have a bunch of extras. Any extras will probably be for sale on

my web site at slightly higher pricing.

I thinking of a cut off now of Saturday February 9th at midnight PST.

I'll be posting a short announcement in "Heads Up" and maybe "Buy/Sell/Trade"

and I'm sure I'll get spanked if I do any more.

Here's the final pricing:

Red $3.40 each

Green $4.65 each

Blue $3.85 each

Yellow $3.55 each

Cool White $4.25 each

Warm White $4.45 each

Prices FOB Kent WA. Add shipping from Kent to destination plus any PayPal fees.

Put me down for 10 Warm White in addition to my previous 10 each R/G/B.

Total of 40 now.

If you don't get enough WW requests and end up not ordering them I won't miss them.