Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
wirekat

MR16 LED Group Buy III

Here's the answer:

Yes I can order Warm White in addition to Cool White. I just need to get a little

closer to a 100 quantity. Right now I have 33 requested. I don't mind holding

onto 20 or 30 extra but 67 is a bit much. I am running into the same problem

with the Yellow. I only have requests for 24 yellow now.

Also I'm pretty sure I only want to do this once this year so when you're gone I

probably won't have a bunch of extras. Any extras will probably be for sale on

my web site at slightly higher pricing.

I thinking of a cut off now of Saturday February 9th at midnight PST.

I'll be posting a short announcement in "Heads Up" and maybe "Buy/Sell/Trade"

and I'm sure I'll get spanked if I do any more.

Here's the final pricing:

Red $3.40 each

Green $4.65 each

Blue $3.85 each

Yellow $3.55 each

Cool White $4.25 each

Warm White $4.45 each

Prices FOB Kent WA. Add shipping from Kent to destination plus any PayPal fees.

I sent you a PM the day you announced the tentative buy and included 20 white in my request. If it will help meet the warm white quantity, feel free to change those 20 cool white to the warm white or any combination thereof (assuming it won't adversely affect the cool white order.) Also, if you send me a PM with your address, I will get the funds to you now.

Denny

Trepidati0n wrote:

If those prices hold I might need between 10 and 20 each of R/G/B. :cool:

Those are the final prices.

Kevin,

When do you think you'll place the order?

I need some little projects to work on while I'm waiting to get the parts for my nutcrackers and 40 MR-16 holders would make good time-fillers! ;)

Saturday February 9th is the cutoff. (midnight PST)

BUT I will have some extras of R, G & B. The extras will be sold

on my web site. The pricing will be slightly higher then.

At these prices I'm going to hook up some lighting in the house

I could use 6 of these to light up my aquarium

Has anyone else installed these in the house?

David Balch wrote:

Any chance of getting normal screw in LED bulbs 120v ?

If enough interest or are they expensive?

They do make Par spots and round LED bulbs similar to regular light bulbs

but I would need to order 100 of one kind. I haven't done any testing either.

I will however ask for samples and se what they say.

I have not used any MR16 LEDs before but have placed my order. I am trying to get the materials together now to use these LEDs when they come in. Will this power supply work for these? http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=178 I assume they use 12 Volts DC. This is a 15 watt power supply, how many watts do the MR16 LEDs use? As suggested in an earlier post, I did order the sockets from this company and they were shipped today.

Edit: Although he sells the sockets for 40 cents on e-bay, he sells them in his store for 25 cents at http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=200

circus4u wrote:

I have not used any MR16 LEDs before but have placed my order. I am trying to get the materials together now to use these LEDs when they come in. Will this power supply work for these? http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=178 I assume they use 12 Volts DC. This is a 15 watt power supply, how many watts do the MR16 LEDs use? As suggested in an earlier post, I did order the sockets from this company and they were shipped today.

The 15 watt looks like incoming draw at 110v. Itdoesn't list output in amps. Each

MR16 draws 2 watts at 12 volts and that's 1.67 maps each. So a 10 amp power

supply wouldpower about 60 MR16's.

wirekat wrote:

circus4u wrote:

I wonder what the shipping is on his store?

I just ordered 50 sockets, shipping was about $9 to me

So I saved about $1.50, but more $$ goes in his pocket vs EBay

I'm in for 10 green & 40 Cool White

If you get pricing for screw base lights let me (us) know

Thanks!!

Kevin,

Count me in for 8 red, 8 green, 8 blue, and 8 white - either one.

Thanks,

Craig

Hey Kevin! I'm in for the following:

10 Red @ $3.40 each

10 Green @ $4.65 each

10 Blue @ $3.85 each

12 Cool White @ $4.25 each

I was just going to get R/W/B to be prepared for the 4th of July, but I thought "Oh what the heck. Throw in some green too!"

Thanks for doing this for everyone again.

Tony

I would like to be in for 7 of each color.

Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Cool White.

If you still need a PM let me know as well and I'll PM you like you asked.

Thanks for doing this for us Kevin

Leon

Kevin,

I would like to request the following

10 Red @ $3.40 each

8 Green @ $4.65 each

8 Blue @ $3.85 each

22 Cool White @ $4.25 each

Plus what ever shipping applys.

Thank you for your efforts!

Shawn

I think we shouldn't say "white white". We should say "cool white".

Otherwise, the abbreviation will be the same as the one for "warm white". ;)

Just to be sure, I wanted:

10 red

10 blue

10 green

10 warm white