Subdivision Entrance Decorations

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before, but here goes...

Has anyone who lives in subdivisions experienced improved relations with neighbors by taking on the job of decorating the entrance(s) to the community? I don't mean a 64 channel animated display with fm transmitter, but more than a couple strings of lights in the bushes.

The community would have to know who's responsible for making the entrance look great via newsletter or some other means.

Redneck Christmas, you're already doing this, right?

Just an idea.

cheywolf wrote:

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before, but here goes...

Redneck Christmas, you're already doing this, right?

Just an idea.

Yes I am. This past year we used "leftovers" and decorated our entrance area. I got a thank you at the HOA meeting in Dec.

My Neighbors are great. In 2007 we pluged up the cul-d-sac about 4 or 5 nights, had the stereo on every Sat & Sun night, gave out candy canes nearly every night in Dec. My neighbors helped with traffic, bought me candy canes to give out. It was great.

This year I have already started the Subdivision Entrance Decorations. No leftovers this year. All brand new after Christmas sale goodies.

I've built two 24 foot quad wrap garlands to swag the entrance sign. Have 5 wreathes to decorate and light.. Oh yea lights. This year the HOA will be installing power so we can have lights. :D

Does it help?? It sure doesn't hurt. BUT get permission from the HOA, don't just sneak out there in the middle of the night and decorate.

On a side note: had a neighbor stop by last week to chat and in conversation they asked what the blue glow was coming from my shop at night. I smiled and said Christmas Lights :]. They said "You're still doing Christmas Lights?"... I smiled back and said "No, I stopped Still doing Christmas Lights in Janurary, It's February now so I'm Already doing Christmas lights".

Look... there's only 7 months left before we have to start getting all the stuff out.

:waycool:

Yes we didtwo HOA, one that I live in and the other is one my brother live in, his had three entrance and we did them with lighted garland and red bow, and put mini clear in the bushes on each side.His fellow HOA member liked it. Ours was one entrance, with lighted garland,and mini in the trees. If I can find the picture I will post them for you.

RedNeckChristmas wrote:

On a side note: had a neighbor stop by last week to chat and in conversation they asked what the blue glow was coming from my shop at night. I smiled and said Christmas Lights :]. They said "You're still doing Christmas Lights?"... I smiled back and said "No, I stopped Still doing Christmas Lights in Janurary, It's February now so I'm Already doing Christmas lights".

Look... there's only 7 months left before we have to start getting all the stuff out.

:waycool:

Very good reply! Mind if I borrow it?

I was cleaning out my gaage the other day when a couple pulled up looking for their dog (which I hadn't seen). As they pulled away I heard the wife say "Hey, that's the people that do the Christmas lights!"My wife couldn't help but laugh at me and my big smile.