First year show in 2007, and I didinform my nearest neighbors last summer as to what I was up to. Show was great, response was great, traffic was just right and everyone that I know of was tickled pink.Read through some of the entries in this topic and was taken back. Do you all have recommendations to keep the neighbors happy, say if the traffic get crazy forthis yearsshow? I had thought of having a block party this summer and introducing myself as the crazy light guy. See if anyone had complaints, or ideas and warn them what might happen if the word does get out.I know limos were coming by on their light tours, some busesand one of our local news channels said our show was the one to see in the area. Maybe we were lucky in the sense the news report was right before New Years so not a big increase in traffic. I sure don't want to be out there every night directing cars so my neighborsdon't lynch me, but of course I'm totallyhooked.:shock:

socrnet wrote:

I sure don't want to be out there every night directing cars so my neighborsdon't lynch me, but of course I'm totallyhooked.:shock:

Images of a new Christmas display come to mind. Fake gallows with socrnet effigy, all synchronized to House on Christmas Street.

I live on a cul de sac, and some nights we were very busy. I mean lines to the end of the road out to the entrance of our neighborhood. The one night I lined the cul de sac with cones so cars couldn't park, they were forced to circle. This helped to keep the flow.

Next year I wil probably do it again on weekends. I do not mind cars parking to watch the whole show, but if the line goes as far as the eye can see, stay for a half a song or a full song, but not the whole show. Most live close enough that they can come by any night.