Anybody ever heard of a store called JoAnna's

specfour

I was at the Harbor Freight Tools in Augusta, GA this week, and next door where the old Service Merchandise used to be they are putting in this store called JoAnna's. The signs are already up on the building, and one of them says "Holiday Decor". They are working on the inside of the building now, and I guess they will open later this year.

Anyway, the point is I think I have heard of this store in the forums somewhere, but I can not remember where. Does anyone know if they carry blowmolds??? Could it actually be that there will be a store in the area that has them??? Or am I just wishful thinking???

Wish they would open a Menards here!!!

I just saw the sign and had a glimmer of hope. I have been hoping for a long time that they would open a Menards or such place where I could walk in and buy the molds that are available. It gets old running them down on the net all the time!!

lkcubsrule wrote:

Joanne's is one of those "women" stores to stay away from! lol

They carry fabric, floral, paint, scrapbooking, craft supplies, etc...not lights and blowmolds.

Exactly! Joanne's fabrics is one of those creepy stores that guys try to stay away from!

--Daniel L

lkcubsrule wrote:

Joanne's is one of those "women" stores to stay away from! lol

They carry fabric, floral, paint, scrapbooking, craft supplies, etc...not lights and blowmolds.

Excuse me but I beg to differ....some of their storesdocarry lights (our store here this year had net lights, globe lights, some novelty lights, ledsand some walkway lights beside the regularones)....trees, wreathsand some other outdoor things for the holidays (not blow molds though)...and they also carry extension cordsat that time.Prices are higher to begin withbut right before Christmas and after, prices can go anywhere from 50-75% off...and you wouldn't believe some ofthebig burly men I have had to push out of the way to get a bargain. These sharp elbows of mine do come in handy.

Actually they also carry lights for all the holidays. Got my 1st set of pumpkin walk way lights from there, years ago...and right now they have some shamrocks out for St. Pats Day.

Oh and if you need fabric to fix an inflatable...this would be the place to get it.

And if you have trouble finding easels for mini trees...you can order them from their web site.

Sure you might want to avoid the place off season...but around the time when things startcoming out on the shelves...might be worth a trip in to see if anything is of interest to you...especially if it is a superstore.

I love Joanne's and wish we had one here....

They have great holiday stuff...no molds but good stuff...

flags...villages...good source for c7 clips...nice Halloween selection of party stuff and costume stuff...

great sales...and everything eventually goes 90%

one year I bought ton of village pieces for like $6 each...the nice big porcelain ones...gave them as christmas gifts the next year...it was a hit...

jen grissett wrote:

I love Joanne's and wish we had one here....

They have great holiday stuff...no molds but good stuff...

flags...villages...good source for c7 clips...nice Halloween selection of party stuff and costume stuff...

great sales...and everything eventually goes 90%

one year I bought ton of village pieces for like $6 each...the nice big porcelain ones...gave them as christmas gifts the next year...it was a hit...

Several years ago we bought a lot of the small village houses and accessories at JoAnne's, along with a bunch of wicker baskets. We then set up a small Christmas scene with a couple of buildings, some people and trees along with the artificial snow in each of the baskets and gave them to all our guests that attended our annual Christmas get together. It was a lot of fun making them and more fun giving them to our friends.

Mel

Joannes is also a good place to buy craft items such as paints if you are doing cutouts. I bought all my mini tree easels there and got them on sale at 40% off. I also picked up a couple of nice plastic storage units to hold craft type paints, I also use this stuff with my model railroad. If you have one in your area they will start advertising in the Sunday paper and usually have a 40% off a single item coupon, if not every week, then at least every other week. Lots of other artist supplies as well. My wife is a quilter so she is probably there almost every week for thread or something.

Personally I can't stand the local JoAnn's. It's a necessary evil when I need some fabric for a project, but there are always long lines with surly workers.

However... They were my favourite store for a day when I found 5 of the 6' wire/twig trees at 75% off in February. I had been searching everywhere for them and given up hope when I hit the jackpot.

specfour wrote:

Anyway, the point is I think I have heard of this store in the forums somewhere, but I can not remember where. Does anyone know if they carry blowmolds??? Could it actually be that there will be a store in the area that has them??? Or am I just wishful thinking???

Wish they would open a Menards here!!!

I have heard people talk about buying blowmolds from them in the past but apparently they don't carry them anymore. I wish there was a Menard's here too. They need to expand into the South!

TED

• 2 weeks later...