That's it... I'm done with eBay

Steve Lelinski

I'm not a huge eBay fan to begin with. My purchases consist of a few traffic lights and some various other items. One of my last purchases I was very disappointed with was a Belkin unit...and the one I gotwith a black screen obviouslywasn't the one pictured in the ad!!!

I too have recieved blowmolds wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap through the mail. But the worst one was a candle that arrived with duct tape holding the flame on and the shipping lable stuck right on the side of the candle!!!!!!

We've got over a hundred purchases under our belt and had only one slightly bad transaction. Blowmolds are actually kind of hard to ship, because their hollow, crushable, lightweight(throwable), but appear to the reggular person as indestructable so the average person shipping them will under do it.....

specfour wrote:

I too have recieved blowmolds wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap through the mail. But the worst one was a candle that arrived with duct tape holding the flame on and the shipping lable stuck right on the side of the candle!!!!!!

I don't remember who it was but your postreminded of a post someone made once about receiving 2 candles in the mail that were duct taped together with a label stuck on the side.

TED

Mel Fischer wrote:

It was your pictures of the pumpkin that inspired me to post my pictures of the USPS work of art.

Mel

I forgot to mention that when I told the seller about the pumpkin arriving badly dented she said that she had mailed many blowmolds like that without damage. :shock: I think she also said it would have cost "12 times more" (or something crazy) to send it in a box. (Like David B. said in another thread some people don't know how to properly calculate shipping!)

TED

TED wrote:

specfour wrote:

I don't remember who it was but your postreminded of a post someone made once about receiving 2 candles in the mail that were duct taped together with a label stuck on the side.

TED

Hey Ted,

I'm that someone! I was just thinking about posting that horror story, but you beat me to it. :cool: It was a royal pain getting all the goo from the duct tape off the candles to boot. Went through a bit of lighter fluid and nail polish remover to accomplish that task.....

Now that I think of it, I think it was the pair of Union Noel candles with the gold painted Noel that is inthe "Another one I forgot we had"thread.

Mel

Wow... your horror stories make me feel lucky! I finally heard back from the seller, so I thought I'd update this with the resolution.

The seller apologized for the packaging, telling me their assistant packed it, and they didn't check on it. They issued me a $20 refund, and told me if I wanted to return it, they'd gladly refund the rest including my shipping charges.

I would send it back, but then I have nothing to give my sister for her housewarming! I'll probably invest the $20 in some spray paint and stripper and hope for the best.

In the end the whole thing is still a tab disappointing, but I'm satisfied with the seller's apology and refund.

Thanks to all for commiserating with me!