transmitter group buy for PC members

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your patience everyone. We are as close to 10 as you can get without being there. Once I get confirmation that we hit 10 from EDM, I'll let you know here first.

I believe we are on the cusp of hitting our first 10 quota. I'm thinking we are at ~ nine currently and either have #10 pending or we could get one more in the next day or two quite easily.

If that happens, then I would guess the ball would start rolling for this batch by next Monday or Tuesday at the latest. My guess is around 10 days from then ... since my order took 10 days (to CO). I think EDM states "up to" 15 days officially.

Then we'll start all over with another 10 batch probably the day after we hit 10, that is my guess on how it will work.

So if your sitting on the sidelines ... this is actually the best time to get in on this deal, because your wait will almost be nil and you'll be getting a great transmitter for 10% off.

I encourage anyone buying here to followup on your experience with your transmitter and how its working for you. And join the EDM yahoo group if you want to really get into these units.

Scott

I just wanted to throw in my .02 for the EDM transmitter. I bought the LCD model with the case and power supply included.

I just received it yesterday afternoon and "assembled" it this morning. Way simple to put together, only have to solder a power connector on (3 pins) and install the microprocessor chip and it is good to go.

This things is fairly awesome from what I can see. It powered up just fine and puts out anice clean signal. I was getting a 1/4 mile on factory settings with the supplied antenna strung up over a curtain rod in the back of my house in my office.

I will have to cut it back some since this is way too far to transmit for me, but the unit works great.

I have to say that it is a good deal so far. Once I get some more time to test and adjust it I will post better findings, but so far so good.

Bill

beeiilll wrote:

I just wanted to throw in my .02 for the EDM transmitter. I bought the LCD model with the case and power supply included.

I just received it yesterday afternoon and "assembled" it this morning. Way simple to put together, only have to solder a power connector on (3 pins) and install the microprocessor chip and it is good to go.

This things is fairly awesome from what I can see. It powered up just fine and puts out anice clean signal. I was getting a 1/4 mile on factory settings with the supplied antenna strung up over a curtain rod in the back of my house in my office.

I will have to cut it back some since this is way too far to transmit for me, but the unit works great.

I have to say that it is a good deal so far. Once I get some more time to test and adjust it I will post better findings, but so far so good.

Bill

AWESOME NEWS!! That is the model which I bought and am happy to hear a review of that particular model. I am getting more and more excited.

It is official now. Batch #1 complete on the LCD transmitters.

:happytree:The first 10 LCD orders have been reached. :rudolph:

For those who ordered, thanks again ... your transmittersshould ship out next Tue or Wed.

I will check with EDM to find out if orders placed today can be part of this batch orthey willcount towards the next 10.

Scott

FYI -

The first group of 10 confirmed orders ended Saturday at 5PM EST.

We are now on the next batch.

FYI -- the first batch took a total of 2 weeks and 2 days to fill ... just to give you some idea how long some folks had to wait for the 10 quota 'bulk' requirement.

Those who ordered this timewill ship outTuesdayor Wednesday this week.

[line]

EDM has told me that: In the future, when we reach 10 orders ... folks can generally place orders (in that batch) up till 12 midnight SA (South Africa) time on that same day that the 10 quota is met ... which means before 2PM (PST), 3PM (MST), 4PM (CST) or 5PM (EST) that same day (if before this time) or the same time on the following day (if we hit it after 12 midnight SA time).

Example #1

Say order #10 rolls at 10am EST on 3/20 ... then folks can continue placing orders up till 5PM EST on 3/20 and get in on that batch.

Example #2

Say order #10 occurs at 6pm EST on 3/20 ... then folkd could continue placing orders up till 5pm on 3/21 and get in on that batch.

This allows folks who already ordered a fairly timely shipment out timeframe, but does allow some folks to get in near the end, in most cases.

Round #2is underway!! ... and the same 10% discount remains ...

For any PC members interested, just PM me for the sale link (click blue link below) to receive the EDM ordering page link.

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/pm.php?send_to=taybrynn

or

PCPMme.jpg

• LL
  • EC
  • D D

• $ $
  • 1 1
  • ||
  • |+-- think showtime / top of the line
  • +----- think PC model / economy priced, still good

EDMPCbulksale1.jpg

EDMbothedit1-1.jpg

P.S. There are about 10-11 members that checked it out but didn't buy in round #1.

As a user of multiple EDM transmitters, I can promise all of you will be very happy with the product and service EDM offers. EDM’s passion for excellence and customer service is second to none, I only wish more companies would follow their example.

Long before Christmas you wonder how you ever did without it, I use one EDM LED to broadcast my XM radio around the ranch, another is fed from my Dish Network receiver. One of my EDM transmitters has been on the air almost four years straight 24/7without missing a beat, my new LCD version is now re-broadcasting a second XM radio. The EDM LCD transmitter will dramatically improve the sound quality of your XM or Sirius radio over their built in transmitter.

I have had every transmitter you can think of: Ramsey, Panaxis, HK & B/W, The B/W is the only one that comes close to the EDM and it cost $800 just for the board without a case or power supply.

Steve

http://www.KNJOradio.com

Folks,

re: bulk order group #1

I checked into the status of your orders ... and they have been shipped. You could expect about 10 days from the shipment date, so maybe 7-8 more days to your homes. This is an estimate and made a little harder by the fact that shipping involves both an oversea bulk segment and a US shipping segment per US address.

EDM said that they do not send out notifications on ship out ... but they will email notify you when you order hasarrived at your shipping address.

When I got mine, I was in the dark for awhile ... but then the same day it shipped, I did receive an email confirm ... which would have been really useful, but I had already checked the mail that day (on the way home from work) and picked up the package.

Scott

Note: For those looking to get in on this deal -- read the above post by Steve (the kitty cat avatar) ... he is a real authority on these transmitters and has lots of experience with transmitters ... and is a radio wizard in my book.

Most orders from the first batch should be delivered soon.

Here is the current progress on batch#2 ...

edmprogress1of10.jpg

This is based on the information I have, and is not always up to date.

I will attempt to post these every so often to give you an idea where we are on the current 10 batch ...

Note: the shipping has increased from $8.50 to $12.00 ... due to increases from the shippersrelated to recent fuel cost increases. This would impact new orders, not existing ones.

I updated the EDM sale graphic to reflect this.

Scott

portcity wrote:

i got my lcd in today. looks great. thanks taybyrnn for setting all this up.ill be putting it together later, and will be doing some testing. thanks again

You got your on 29 March :waycool:.How let see how long go to take to get my ,because I live in Canada, go to take little bit longer I thing!.

Daniel

Received mine today! Must have taken 5 minutes to assemble. I did a quick range check with the transmitter in my basement, and was getting about 75' on each side of my house. This was on the high setting (200mw). I was using the test antenna that came with it. I have no doubt that the range would be much greater with a proper antenna and the antenna not down in the basement!

Right now I'm transmitting my ipod through it on its lowest power setting (1mw) and listening on my surround sound FM tuner. The sound quality is excellent! Sure, I could plug the ipod directly into the surround receiver, but what fun would that be?

post-8312-129571037531_thumb.jpg