Buddy McCarrier wrote:

Mel, Fantastic. Out of all of the pumpkins ever made I've always liked Grand Ventures the best!

Doesn't Gen Foam make one like the one in the upper right of the page? (I remember the picture on the Holidaves site.) Also isn't that an old Sun Hill design?

TED

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel Fischer wrote:

At this time I personally know of two different places that are putting their orders together for the new Grand Venture company. One of them will be orderingfor us also.

So I'm wondering...do you mean "us" as in the Mel Fischer family or "us" as in the PC blowmolders? :D

TED

Mel Fischer wrote:

Here's a little something more.

I'm glad to see those candles again. For some reason I never bought any back when they were a regular item at Garden Ridge, walmart (I think?), and possibly Kmart. (I probablymissed some on clearance.) At that time I didn't like them for some reason and instead preferred the Gen Foam NOEL type. It was only after they weren't available that I decided I wanted some of them.

They sure look like they are made from theold Poloron mold. I'd bet my last dollar that the flames will fit the old Poloron candles. If we can get replacement flames that will be nice for those who have the old Poloron candles with damaged flames. (The red highlights could be added to the solid yellow flames.)

TED

TED wrote:

Mel Fischer wrote:

So I'm wondering...do you mean "us" as in the Mel Fischer family or "us" as in the PC blowmolders? :D

TED

Ted,

Great question and there are two answers to it. In my post I was refering to the Mel Fischer family, but then I do also know of someone who is definately planning on ordering and making them available to the PC, MHD and CCblow molders.

At this time, I know of two different ones that say they are going to order from the new company and at leastfour more that say they want to order from them. Only time will tell who actually does.... :)

Allsix of the ones mentioned above are PC members, but I am sure some of them will only sell on eBay.

Mel

DanglinModifiers wrote:

The bottom of the catalouge page seems to say "Prime Plastics, Inc." I found this website: http://www.primeplasticsinc.com/.

It seems to be under construction still, but there's a phone, fax, and e-mail listed.

The email address is invalid or so my email program indicates. Has anyone been successful contacting them.

I vote for a Christmas Carol line of blowolds!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest from Prime Prime Plastics. I have had numerous cotacts with them over the past few weeks since this info surfaced. I was waiting for permission to share this info as to not alienate the new manufacturer thus the delay,so here is the info they haveshared with meand Mel has already posted the fliers. I am working on lining them up a few vendors in New Jersey and hope others will do throughout the States.

Prime Plastics

We recently acquired the line from the former

>> producer. They have not been helpful, therefore, we are making this work

>> unassisted. The situation is that we have no existing inventory. Prime

>> Plastics (the manufacturer) has no machine time till the summer so we are

>> looking at July being the starting ship month. The line uses all water

>> based paints that test out to be just as durable as the previous lead

>> based that were used. Finally, we have a $1,000 minimum order. Over the

>> next year, we will build up some inventory to be able to sell only a few

>> pieces, but that is difficult to do now with no inventory. Also, the line

>> will continue to expand with new items over the next two years. Since this

>> is our first run, we shrunk it down to the most popular.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I am just wondering if anyone has any update, news, or information on availability for this?

I talked to them about a month ago and the only things they have produced so far are the 6" & 14" Easter eggs and 6" Easter basket. They wanted to produce the GV Easter Bunny this year but I do not not know if they were able to get enough orders from the stores to be able to set up and produce a run of them. In this day and age the blow mold companies can not take the chance of making 1000 to 2000 of an item without having orders for most of them before hand and they can not make a profit on a production run of less then that amount. That was some of the problem in the past, some of the companies that are now gone had 1000's of unsold blow molds sitting in wharehouses that they had so much money tied up in. It is a known fact that Grand Venture, TPI and Union Products all had thousands of unsold blow molds sitting in wharehouses when they closed their doors and all were liquidated at cheap below cost prices.

I received an email last night from a PC member asking about the Grand Venture 18" Easter angels and if I know anything about them. While answering the email I checked the left over inventory list that GV sent to me after they closed their doors, in the list they have the Easter angel assortment six pack that consisted of 3 pink, 2 blue and 1 green angels. The list shows that they still had 1,122 of the assortments in the wharehouse. That is 6,732 angels that they made and that did not sell for them. They also had almost 1000 of the one that they made for Christmas in the inventory list. That had to amount to thousands of dollars tied up in unsold inventory in 18" angels alone, There are 89 different items in the unsold inventory list ranging from a quantity of 2 to a quantiy of one item that they still had 10,774 of. I am sure the new company wants to avoid making that same mistake.

Grand Venture did tell me that they have a rep who is talking to a some of the large chain stores about their Halloween and Christmas line for 2010, only time will tell on that, it depends on if the stores will be interested enough to place orders for them. Of course, they are also interested in any and all small businesses too if combined orders would be large enough to be able ot make a production run.

Grand Venture wants to make the blow molds, but it is all up to the stores as to whether they will be able to or not. I sincerely hope that the stores will place the orders and that we will see GV molds available again. If GV does start producing them again, they should be of the same high quality that we think of when we think of GV blow molds, they still have a lot of the same employees that made them before.

Mel

Guest A.F.NUT

Mel, that is all so interesting and such good news! The GV bunny is one of a few I need to finish my Easter collection, how great it would be to buy one new in a store! I find it interesting that they sold the Angels in a six pack and did not make them a pack of two each color, makes for the green one being a little more scarce I suppose. Now would the new company consider distributing them?

I would love to see Grand Venture come back for so many reasons. Mainly because of their quality! Those are the heaviest nicest molds. Recently I met another PC member at one of the few stores here that carries the GF molds he wanted a new bunny set, trying to pick out the best ones was not easy, some were ok some were complete disasters. Mr. bunny was the hardest, every one had a lot of blue on his ears so he settled for the lesser of the evils and went with that, My point here is that with Grand Venture molds you simply grabbed one off the shelf there was no which one is better they were all the same and all perfect! They need to return and give GF some competition mabye that would make them clean up their act!

As you said it is up to the stores, after seeing the junk Walmart carried for outside decor. this year I give up hope with them, they want to sell cheap so in order for them to do so they are selling lower quality items. I can see Kmart selling them, they always were a big distributor of Grand Venture and the past few years they have been carrying GF they know they sell. I hope GV has a good sales rep. I feel if they could just get a few classics out there their sales would skyrocket, as we know the inflatable craze has slowed down. I think people want them, but as I have said before people can't buy what stores don't stock!

Tom

Edited by A.F.NUT

Tom, I have already received a PM from a PC member, after making my post, about contacting a big store in their area about carrying the GV blow molds. I have forwarded the message to Prime Plastics for their ok and do expect an ok on it. When I talked to him a few weeks ago he asked me if I would be willing to do that very thing and get the word out there to the stores.

Mel

Mel, thanks for the information. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed as to what we may see in stores. I go along with Tom 100%, I like GV molds, their quality was always excellent.

Carrie, is there a possibility of you talking to your contacts in the stores you have mentioned in previous posts, about carrying GV Halloween and Christmas blow molds this year? If the stores don't know that they could be available, there is no chance of GV getting orders and making them.

Mel

Carrie, is there a possibility of you talking to your contacts in the stores you have mentioned in previous posts, about carrying GV Halloween and Christmas blow molds this year? If the stores don't know that they could be available, there is no chance of GV getting orders and making them.

Mel

Mel, absolutely. I would love to be able to buy them locally again. Is there any Catalogue, literature or other information available that I can provide to them so if they wish to place an order, they can?

Wow. I for one really don't care what items they make, as long as they make them and can get some of these stores to stock them.

I don't have anything right now that Grand Venture made, so I am really looking forward to this.

GF, Drainage, GV. Maybe some of the other brands will make a come back too.