MR16's have shipped out

My last trip to the Post Office was yesterday (for a while).

All packages (except one) have shipped and you should have your

total with shipping. If you missed it let me know.

Thanks to all of you that payed up front even if you didn't have to.

Here's an idea page for those wanting to make MR16 holders:

http://www.christmasinkent.com/HowToLEDspots.htm

If you have a method you would like to share, send it to me and I'll post it for

all to see.

Mine arrived today as well.

Yesterday a friend of mine stopped over to give me his LOR DC board which he's not going to need.

Now I just have to go dig up one of the landscape lighting transformers. I haven't seen them since the fence blew down during a hurricane a few years ago... :shock:

Thanks Kevin -- mine were delivered today as well. Knew I was in trouble when I did not receive one of the "easy" boxes - I'm trying, but I can't get the little blue battery with the stripes on it to light up these lights no matter how hard I try.

Those were batteries right?

Seriously though, thanks for letting me participate.

jmccoh wrote:

Thanks Kevin -- mine were delivered today as well. Knew I was in trouble when I did not receive one of the "easy" boxes - I'm trying, but I can't get the little blue battery with the stripes on it to light up these lights no matter how hard I try.

Those were batteries right?

Seriously though, thanks for letting me participate.

Those are special batteries so don't hook them up backwards:].

ChuckHutchings wrote:

Yesterday a friend of mine stopped over to give me his LOR DC board which he's not going to need.

Now I just have to go dig up one of the landscape lighting transformers. ... :shock:

Perhaps I am reading too much in to the above . . . but I have to say it anyway. If I am wrong, I will say sorry now. . . .

A transformer puts out "AC" , and you can't use it with a "DC" board. You would probably remove all the smoke out of the output MOSFET's and its darn hard to put it all back in! Trust me!!

I give this warning as in our country ALL landscape lights (excluding LEDs?) are feed with AC using a transformer. There are VERY good reasons for NOT supplying DC to landscape light, the main one being the extra cost of a (DC) POWER SUPPLY over a (AC) TRANSFORMER but not forgetting the less likelihood of electroysis with AC compared to DC . . .

If I am wrong in joining these 2 paragraphs, then, I am sorry . . .:)

kamahilights wrote:

A transformer puts out "AC" , and you can't use it with a "DC" board. You would probably remove all the smoke out of the output MOSFET's and its darn hard to put it all back in! Trust me!!

Yeah - I noticed that when I dug it up. I guess I'll either use an old PC P/S or rig something to convert this to DC.

But the transformer WILL work on the MR16's since they are AC/DC.

Mine arrived yesterday and all I can say is Wowwwwww!!! I could not wait to see them in action so I hooked up a 9V battery. At that voltage I could not look at the blue directly for the brightness!!!! I can hardly wait to give them proper power and get a DC board to animate them with!!!

Thank you soo much for organizing this buy. My only regret is that I did not order more. Maybe there will be a group buy IV.

:waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool::waycool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK now that the group buy is all over I have a new page setup for these:

http://www.christmasinkent.com/MR16sales.htm

I have red, green, blue, cool white and warn white in stock.

Ths is a special order page for PC members and each MR16 includes a 22 ohm resister.

I will also be posting this on a new thread.

Please let me know what you think?

Thank you,

Kevin

Kevin,

I just have a comment, specifically about the page. Just thought I would point it out, in case it was not intentional.

Specifications are provided for a yellow MR16, but none is listed for purchase. Also, the warm white is listed for purchase, but not contained in the specifications.

Thanks Denny!

I will be adding yellow in the future.

I heven't received the specs for the warm white but yes that needs to be added.

I will also adding a line to quantity available in the future.

Kevin