Hampton Roads Area

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep and a retired Coast Guard Chief at that. Now I know who got the Chief user name LOL. Hopefully there are more than just two of us light crazies here in Hampton Roads. Should try and get together and compare notes, I don't have a huge display 32 channels going to 64 with the sale this year.

• 3 weeks later...

rtk are you offering to do a mini plus around here? I know there are more of us around. Martha K lives not too awful far away. Richmond area I think. Probably as far as chief. You would be pretty close to the center of the Hampton Roads area.

I have 32 channels and going to 48 this year. My display isn't all that big either. I am heading up to the mini plus in culpeper to learn from the pros tomorrow. Are any of you going?

the mini was great at Andys and I enjoyed meeting you JD. WE need one in this part of the county and invite folks from N. Carolina too. I forgot the drive up and back was nice and it only took 2.5 hours and wouldn't have been that long if we didn't stop to eat, look at yard sales on the way up and go to the mall on the way back. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all. I've been away from the forums since the beginning of January. With Christmas in July on QVC right now, I'm starting to get that familiar feeling again.

I live in Virginia Beach as well. This will be my third year using LOR. Our home was shown on hamptonroads.com, along with another member who lives in Norfolk. I believe he's a member, or used to be. He does a great job, has a lot of traffic and raises quite a bit of money for CHKD.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to all! I live in Norfolk and have been using LOR for three years. As we speak I am building my first 20 foot mega tree. Also,this week my son "seven years old" built our first leaping arch, we will have three. If all goes well we will add on fan this year. My family loves Christmas and we of course love lights. Over the last two seasons our lights have raised over $12000.00 for CHKD who would of thunk it. I would love to meet other locals. Please send me a message and I will give my phone number out.

Shawn Padgett

Edited by shawn
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, Im new to the site and forum. I live in VB and would love for someone to teach me about the X10 and the Light O Rama controllers. I do not want to completely animate my whole display. I am happy with using the off-the-shelf system that was sold in stores. I just want an easy way to turn my lights on and off because it stinks having to go around the house plugging everything in and then unpluging at night. I also look forward to seeing everyone's house.