Hampton Roads Area

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blndnwd2luv: I'm going to start earlier this year so I can finish earlier and enjoy the lights longer. I'm having a new roof put on within the next week or so, after that, I plan to start putting the lights on the house. Give me a call and I'll let you know when I'm starting. Then you can come by and take a look.

I've had a few neighbors stop me outside and ask when I'm going to start decorating. A few of them have offered to come and help. That's a first.

Shawn, can't wait to see your tree. Last year I finally made it to see your display. It was very nice. I liked the blinking donation box and your kids' voice overs. I copied your idea of the snowflakes on the roof. I don't have nearly as many as you though. :)

Anyone use led icicle lights? Costco and Sam's have some about the same price, but Sam's are almost double the length. Just curious.

My house from 2006. The lens wasn't wide enough to get the lights and yard on the sides. Strange, I can't find any 2007 photos.

8834_web.jpg

Dan T

five six zero - three three nine nine

Chief, I'd like to know about your arches as well. I wanted to try them last year, but had no idea how to do it. I talked to one of the guys who displays arches over his driveway (Brockie St in V.B.) if I could watch, but he hadn't started them yet. I never had a chance to go back to see how he did it.

Hey Dan, I watched the how to on that Holdman has on his website and he uses regular pvc pipe for his. I thought about that but I didnt think that was flexible enough to bend at the angles you and I would need to arch a driveway. His archs are not that high and do not have much of a bend over them. The other problem I realized is securing the archs at the front of the driveway with guy wires. I can put some going backward into my yard but I have no clue how to do one forward because of the street. Have you solved that problem while you have been trying to figure out a way to do them?

Yea I used standard 1" pvc, 3 10' lengths (I have a double car driveway) and 1 string of 100 lites per 10' section. I drive a piece of pipe in the ground and just slip the pvc over it and had no problems for about 3 years now. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, when are you planning to start decorating? Time is sure moving fast.

Shawn, I'd like to come take a look at your mega tree once you start work on it.

I will start to put it up around the 15th of November. Send me a PM.

Shawn

I do not know. I drove by it in the middle of the day today. I am going to drive by there tomorrow night to see if they will have them on. The only reason I noticed though yesterday was because of the nutcracker blowmolds that were in the yard and what looked like ornaments on the tree trunks. I have a strange questions. Does anyone remember the court in Norfolk that was backed up against 64 near Norfolk Naval Base? Do they still decorate like they use to?

Edited by blndnwo2luv
Spelling... Who woulda thunk that I gradumated colege

Wow That is awesome that their lights are on on Rosemont. Maybe it will help convince my parents to turn the lights on on their house. And about that neighborhood, I really hope they do too. I want to take my nephews there to see the lights. I remember going there when I was young and I loved it.

I drove by the houses in brockie street and a few have started laying the ground work. There is another house on the other side of the street does has 40 inflatibles(sp) plus lights. I saw that they have started putting lights out already. O by the way, 101.3 has started playing christmas music!!!!

I have just started putting the lights on the trees outside and the bushes. It fills like I am so far behind. Chief my display is nothing like yours. It is much smaller. I only have 32 channels of LOR and only doing 3 or 4 songs this year. This isn't easy. I thought it would be easy to sequence but I was wrong. My tapper doesn't work very good. :)

Hey guys I just started learning about lor's a few days ago, so none for me this year, but watch out next year. Anyways i'm a local electrician and would like to see how so of your setups are during the day. I would be more than willing to help out anyone with any electrical needs. You can email me at [email protected]