Hampton Roads Area

I'd still like to see those who are doing the mega tree (Shawn) and whoever is doing arches.

I saw that a house on Orkney Dr in VB has computerized lights, is that anyone here?

Here's a local site that gives people address of houses they like. http://mysite.verizon.net/HRLights/index.htm My house is the 5316 S Palmyra Dr house. They also mention the house with all the blowups. I kind of like the way they arranged them. I heard someone went by and shot BBs through some of them last year.

Dan T

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dan. I am doing a single arch this year. I wish I could do more but I learned how to late in the year. If you want you can stop by sometime and Ill show you how easy it is. I know the gentleman that does the lites on Orkney Dr in VB. He is a member on the site but rarely visits. He is not much of a computer person. If yall want to talk to him let me know. Ive got his digits and call tell him to get onto PC.

hi folks,

I, too, have seen the house on Orkney. Drive by every day. My house is off of Sunnyside drive in Kempsville. I am up to 32 channels this year. I worked with the guy that has all of the inflatables in Brigadoon. He is doing LOR this year. He has 48 channels. I don't recall anyone shooting bb's into the display last year though. He has cameras all over the place. I actually invested in an ip camera this year. Look forward to seeing the displays this year.

Greg

Hey Dan. I am doing a single arch this year. I wish I could do more but I learned how to late in the year. If you want you can stop by sometime and Ill show you how easy it is.

Give me a call so I can get your address (560-3399). I've been wanting to do arches for a couple of years now and haven't had the time to figure it out. I'm a photographer and the Fall is one of my busiest times. No matter how hard I try, my house never fulfills the ideas I have in my head. Oh well.

Greg, I live about a mile from Kempsville H.S. Let me know when you're up and running so I can come by and take a look.

Dan T

Well folks, I have finally started getting my lights up. I had a monkey wrench thrown into the works when the bedbox was ripped out of my truck. Inside were the replacement bulbs along with enough minis to outline my roof in three colors. $300 I couldn't get replaced. (LONG STORY DARN INSURANCE COMPANIES) I have instead when with a cheaper new add which is an arch over the front of my driveway. I think next year I will have a tunnel over my driveway. I am going to be getting my house registered on christmaslightsfinder.com soon. Hope everything is going smoothly for everyone else.

Hi folks,

Got so busy this year it is a wonder that it all got done....but the display is up with 32 new channels bring me to 64, plans in the works for 32 more next year. If you are over in Poquoson check us out. Also check out www.tackylighttour.com most is in Richmond and northern VA. but there are a few of us listed on there.

Merry Christmas

Roger

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to invite everone to swing by my display should you find your way up in the Northern Virginia area. Everything's lit up now. Only four sequences but I'm still plugging away at it. I just started working on the web site a few nights ago so it's a work in progress as well. Hope everything's going well with your displays!

www.StaffordLights.com

Hello all fellow Hampton Roaders!We live in Chesapeake( near the Greenbrier Country Club), this is our second year using LOR and we are only at 24 channels--but our effort will surely grow next year! Hey you LOR veterans, my hubbie-Ralph -is about to pull his hair out because he can not get the controller to run a filler sequence following the five song musical list. Anyone out there have any helpful info? Also,we are hoping to find a presequenced Wizards In Winter.:D

Hello Roger,many thanks for the quick reply and the heads-up on lorsequences! Do you know of any LOR experts in our area that may be interested in saving Ralph's hair and getting paid for their help? As I mentioned before,our LOR show refuses to go into the filler sequence after the five song set has played. If anyone is interested our e-mail address is [email protected]n.net. Many thanks,Merry Christmas!

Hey Dan, When we talked on the phone you mentioned you had some C7s you might need to get rid of. I was wondering if you still needed to get them off of your hands and for home much.... Im really itching to do my roof line as well as my sister's roofline. She went to Lowe's with her BF today and they purchased a lot of stuff at 50% off.

Hey Dan, When we talked on the phone you mentioned you had some C7s you might need to get rid of. I was wondering if you still needed to get them off of your hands and for home much.... Im really itching to do my roof line as well as my sister's roofline. She went to Lowe's with her BF today and they purchased a lot of stuff at 50% off.

Yup, have some extra C7 clear and multi (I switched to LED). I also have an equal distance (covers the front of a two story house) of clear and multi icicle lights. I've got a bunch of extra lights (net lights, red C7s, clear minis, green minis - all in the boxes). I still want to see your arch. I've just been too busy to get by there.

Jennifer, I think the LOR site has a free Wizards of Winter (they couldn't strike a deal with TSO). You just have to rip the song from your own CD.

My girlfiriend and I went out looking after we took the four legged children to get pics with santa. I dont know if it is just me but there are more lights this year then last year. I was wondering how much you would want for them Dan as well as know the times that you run your show. I would love to get by there and see them. Do you still have my address? If so come by any time. I will be unavailable starting this friday around noon until monday morning.