Hampton Roads Area

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tidings all! My husband has yet another question for LOR experts: how do we download Wizards In Winter from LOR Sequences and convert that to our use on the LOR controller with our PC?

Jennifer,

I sent you an email a day or so ago. I don't know if you got it. Give me a call and we can talk it through. It'll be easier than typing back and forth. 560-3399

blndnwo2luv: My show is 5-10 Sun-Thurs and 5-11 Fri & Sat. Come on by and you can see the extra lights I have. I'll give you all my C7 clear for $10. It's about 8 or 9 strands of 25. They should all have the shingle clips still attached. I even have some still in the box. I've got a bunch of minis and some of those C9s with icicles attached (C-cicles). I'm only 6 or 7 minutes or so from you.

Dan T

• 2 weeks later...

I was over your way the other night Dan. The lights look awesome. I love the wheel you did in the gras of your front yard. Im going to be calling you the next few days work allowing to try and set a time for me to come by and look at the lights you have left over. I would have the other night but it was past 2130 and feel bad about knocking on doors that late.

What a coincidence! I went by your house three nights ago. I got to see the arch. I still want to get up with you as well so I can see how you did it.

I'm glad you liked my lights. The wheel is my favorite this year. It looks even better looking down on it from the second floor. Give me a yell when you can come by the house. I've got some bins I want to empty for the new stuff and I can throw some extras your way.

I tried to go by the Priest's house, but I must have messed up the address her husband gave me because I couldn't find it. I still want to go by The Chief and Shawn's house. I also got to see the house on Orkney. Very nice. I liked all the lights on the roof.

Edited by Dan Trevino
Added additional info

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas again; sorry we missed you Dan--our enclave can be a bit tricky to find thanks,in part, to incorrect directions from Mapquest. Our address is 1001 Austin Dr. in the Wynngate neighborhood of Greenbrier. Feel free to give us a call at 436-9435. A word of warning though--we have viewed your lights show, and the Chief's, and ours is small potatoes in comparison.

Good soggy Sunday everyone, Dan--we enjoyed talking to you Saturday night and your show is awesome! We were greeted with a surprise when we returned home,however. Our first four channels are devoted to the c-9s which outline our two-story house--none of which were working upon our return--they were working when we left the house. Any thoughts anyone? Also,does anyone know of a service that may be able to replace the lights if needed? My husband,Ralph,can't do it himself because of lingering effects of a stroke. Many thanks.:eek:

Hello all, well we have diagnosed our lights problem as a blown fuse. Now for the next conundrum--where can we buy a replacement fuse? The manual states to use a 15/20 amp ceramic fast acting fuse. Ralph is running around town trying to find these rare finds; if anyone knows of a source please call him at 651-3217 or 436-9435. Thanks.

If anyone need some replacement C9 bulbs, I've got some. They're yours for the taking. I've got 50 clear and 25 blue ceramic. I needed the cords for my strobes.

I've still got about 9 sets of C7 multi (transparent) strands that are free for the taking. They still have the shingle clips on them.

Ralph/Jennifer: Any luck on finding a fuse?

Dan T

Hello again fellow Christmas Crazies---Ralph finally found fuses(how about that for alliteration?) at two places: Cain/Priest Electronics and Grainger--both of which happen to be in the Norfolk Industrial Park area. However, he had to go right back to find a replacement fuse holder; he had to settle for a different holder, but we're hoping this one will do the trick! By the way,is there anyone in the area who is qualified to repair these LOR units? Hey Roger, are you the fellow featured on the local news and lives in one end of Poquoson?

Hi Jennifer,

That is me almost all the way at the end of Poquoson Ave. Glad you guys found your fuses. Grainger is a great source for some of those wierd off the wall items. We have been so busy with traffic this year I have not had a chance to get out and see any other displays. Got a deal on 15 or so blowmolds last night, can you believe it, out buying more on Christmas Eve. But saw them on craigslist and went and got them. Will probably have some to trade or sell. Will keep everybody posted on what I decide to pass on.

Merry Christmas to all

Roger "Christmas Magic of Poquoson"

Hi Folks,

We are over in Suffolk. Just a bit north of the Carolina line on six acres. I had to put a parking area in my front yard. We can park 16-20 cars. Since Thanksgiving we have had well over 3,000 visitors. No advertising - all word of mouth - good thing too. Last Week-end we had to go out and direct traffic for 3.5 hours - so I expanded the parking area.

I did manage to video two of our 15 songs in our "Concert of Lights" as the folks that have seen the show have started calling it. We posted on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr8wYaSFqlY

As we live 9.2 miles down Manning Road from RT 58 it is amazing to see the traffic we have generated. Almost all cars stop to see some or all of the show. I put out an INFO Box with flyers to answer the most asked questions. I have the times the show starts and we see folks arriving in carloads to see the whole show.

It is a bit overwhelming to see so many people come out and enjoy the fruits of ones labor.

About 18,000 lights of whjich 17,000 are LEDS. Using AL 32 Channels for our Arches and 16 channels for the balance of the show.

BecNme

Becky & Gary

NICE TO SEE SO MANY PEPOLE IN THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA ARE INTO THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO SEE SOME OF YOUR DISPLAYS. 4 YEARS DECORATING THIS WAS MY SMALLEST NUMBER OF LIGHTS AT 31,000 HAD 40,00O MORE IN GARAGE THAT DID NOT GO UP. TRIP TO DISNEY IN NOVEMBER FOR 10 DAYS. PLAENTY OF NEW IDEASS AND CHEAP LIGHTS FOR NEXT YEAR GOT 10,000 NEW ONE TO ADD FOR NEXT YEAR AND ADDING ANOTHER 70 CHANNELS.

WALMART IS CHANGING THERE PRICES TO 75 PERECENT OFF TODAY ACCORDING TO MANAGER IN THE NEWPORT NEWS STORE IF ANY ONE NEEDS TO GET SOME MORE LIGHTS

vix_80_lightgray_none.gif

31000_lightgray_none_0.gif

This was my first year using vixen and I loved it it cut my programing down alot. I liked it because i build all my controlers and it works with them. Its interface is almost the same as Light O Rama's. Took less than five minutes to learn how to use it. Got my bargins from walmart 20,000 more lights for next year at 75% of now just to decide what to do with themvix_80_lightgray_none.gif

31000_lightgray_none_0.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. I am in the process of doing a website dedicated to christmas lights. I have figured out how to use the google map app on the site, so I am putting different displays up there. I placed some up there strictly by memory, but I know Dan has some on his site. Dan, may I use your information for my site? You will receive credit on the site. I can expand the map to Norfolk and Chesapeake if there is an interest, but I would like to keep it within VB Norfolk Chesapeake area. I am going to be trying my hand at welding and arches for this year. I am actually feeling rushed with Christmas so close!!!:P

www.vblights.com

• 1 month later...

blndnwo2luv: Don't worry about it. Just get me the box when you can. I'm trying to get all the stuff out of my storage unit so I can save all that rental money. Well, not really save it, but spend it on something else. I've got my Christmas stuff everyone around the house. No place to put it, but no storage fees. :D

Greg: I look forward to seeing your site. The other site you were talking about isn't mine. My house is mentioned, but it belongs to someone else. The info is from two years ago. I didn't see them around last year.

Jennifer: I'd like to go as well, but I'm not.

There's so many things I want to do new this year, but who knows if I'll actually have the time to try any of them. Maybe we can have our own get together sometime and talk about what we want to do this year. The way the months are flying by, it'll be November before you know it. The house three doors down from still has his C9's on the roof. At least I wasn't the last one to get my stuff down.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dan T

Edited by Dan Trevino
  • 2 weeks later...