Post up all you New Yorkers!

Hello all New Yorkers. I am from Da Bronx. I was happy to see the thread for New Yorkers.

It seems as if I'm always doing something Christmas related in the off season. I am rebuilding my animated crain this year. The other animated items I have built, are Santa going up and down a chimney, a see saw, skaters going around a rink, a dump truck and a bulldozer.

Jimmy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Jimmy

I am from the other end of the state. I am currently working on some new ideas for my display. I don't have any homemade decorations yet, but with the state of the state and being unemployed, I will scrounge for parts to build decorations. The project that I really want to build is a train to go around my 4 acre lot. Do you have some pictures of your display?? I have some of last years in my profile.

Steve

Hello Jimmy

I am from the other end of the state. I am currently working on some new ideas for my display. I don't have any homemade decorations yet, but with the state of the state and being unemployed, I will scrounge for parts to build decorations. The project that I really want to build is a train to go around my 4 acre lot. Do you have some pictures of your display?? I have some of last years in my profile.

Steve

Hi Steve

What I could do if I had 4 acres! I will try to post some pictures. I am computer challanged. Will have to have my wife help with the photos.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jimmy

Steve

Hi Steve

I think I was able to upload some pictures. I was only able to upload 5 pictures. That was all that I was allowed. Let me know if you are able to open the file, if not I can e-mail them to you. I think if you go to my profile you will be able to view the pictures. (I think).

Jimmy

post-7745-129571114495_thumb.jpg

post-7745-129571114505_thumb.jpg

post-7745-129571114514_thumb.jpg

post-7745-129571114521_thumb.jpg

post-7745-12957111453_thumb.jpg

Hey Jimmy,

Cool display!! I did not see any pics in your profile. This years display was 3 times larger than 2007. My most recent find was an 8' sign(the kind that you place the plastic letters on). The guy was junking it so I grabbed it. It just has to be put back together. The wind blew out the plastic and it rolled down the road. I have to weld a few braces on to it and get the plastic letters.

Steve

• 1 month later...

WOW!! It has been over a month since I last posted. I got a job and just finished my 4th week. Any how, it is Easter Sunday and ALL my lights and decorations are down and put away!! WHEW!!!! 5 1/2 months and it all go back up!!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Welcome nminor2002, zagnut, and Tasper614.

It's great to see more New Yorkers.

(Especially the Long Island people) :D

Oops, I missed crazyaboutangels. Welcome to you too and thanks for posting in the NY section. We need to start posting some pictures.

It's been a long road but.... I FINALLY got my display running tonight!

WHEW!!!!!!! I have to adjust the timing on a few things and fix one string of lights but it's working!

Thank you Planet Christmas for the inspiration and the knowledge found here. And of course a big thanks to all the great people who are so willing to give advice and share ideas.

Woo Hooo!

Can you tell I happy? :santasmileyitty:

• 9 months later...