Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
SPaschall

1st Post

Just wanted to get Kentucky represented around here. Would like to hear from anyone in the West Kentucky,- West Tenessee area. I'm starting to think I'm the only one around here that is computerizing their display.

SPaschall

What part of Kentucky are you from? We live on the State line in Western Ky. when I cross the street I'm in Tn. howdy back at cha. Maybe if we find enough people we can have a Kentucky mini plus.

SPaschall

that would be cool..i had just found out about the PLUS in Gatlinburg TN when they are changing the locations :( but i am glad i found this forum...i live where I75 crosses Ky-Tn border

I am in western ky, Owensboro. Lat year was my first at computerized christmas. One 595. Next year 2 Ren 64, 1 595, 2 grinch.

Would love to get together as a small group somewhere.

Owensboro is a couple of hours away from here, I would love to get together with a group from Ky. to meet one weekend this summer before the holiday crunch of getting the displays ready for a new season.

SPaschall

Hey Everybody, I finally got around to posting on the new board, I've been just running through it checking things out. I am in Elizabethtown and also would love to get together this summer.

Mike

We need someone who can organize a meeting place and make it happen. It needs to be centrally located,and cost effective with the price of gas right now.I am in western Ky.right on the Tn. border. It would be nice if someone in the middle of the state could help out.

SPaschall

Welcome hope you all have a great day and enjoy your time here

we are here to help people out on there displays

Just wanted to say hello to all my KY friends. Hope everyone is doing well and getting ideas for this coming season. I get to start all over down here in Florida so hopefully I can figure out something cool to do with my postage stamp size of a yard. lol

I get to start all over down here in Florida so hopefully I can figure out something cool to do with my postage stamp size of a yard. lol

Whatever you do, make sure it is Blue and White. Steve lol

SPaschall

Already have that all taken care of. lol I bought a case of clear, and a case of blue led's after Christmas. Even bought several thousand clear and blue mini's so I am sure I am good. Even got my UK 8 ft tall inflatable wildcat!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I'm in Lexington KY, but from East Ky. I mostly look for blowmolds, the large poloron nativity type. Does anyone have the wisemen from the set? Just checking lol

Great to meet you guys,

Jon

Hey Everyone,

I'm in Lexington KY, but from East Ky. I mostly look for blowmolds, the large poloron nativity type. Does anyone have the wisemen from the set? Just checking lol

Great to meet you guys,

Jon

Hey, Welcome to PC! I hope more from Ky.will respond to this post so we can try to get together sometime this year.The only problem is with it being July alot of us are getting things ready for the holidays:D Stay in touch and let us know how your display is turning out.

SPaschall

Just getting back into posting... getting caught up after vacation! I'm from Lexington. Just saw Jon's post... from Lexington also. I'm in Masterson Station Jon... where you located?

I'd be interested in a KY mini as well. I'd LOVE to go to the 09 PLUS... but it's just going to depend on where it's going to be.

Louisville, Ky. Here. I am in southwest jefferson county, Valley Station.