Virginia Mini three weeks and counting

Just three weeks until the Virginia Mini on May 17. We are getting a number of things lined up for the agenda. We will be having a welding demonstration to show how easy it is to make your own wireframes. We will also be having a demo on mini trees and leaping arches. Also possibly may be doing a fan similar to the one Marty Slack and Brian Mitchell made. Several other things are still in the planning stages such as working with coro. We also plan to do some LOR sequencing. If anyone coming would like to demonstrate or do a class on something let me know.

You don’t’ have to live in Virginia to attend. We are just a couple of hours down from western Maryland and eastern West Virginia. You just have to love Christmas and decorating and want to meet new people and learn a few new things. It will be a fun day talking about Christmas stuff. This mini is open to any and all Christmas lighting enthusiasts. Both ones doing it for the first time and those who have done it for years. Whether you have a large display or a small one. All are welcome.

Unfortunately in the switchover to the new forums I lost some names of people who had indicated they were coming. I would like everyone who is coming to send me an email confirming that they are attending even if you have previously let me know. andy1 at nexet.net

There will be a $10 fee to help cover expenses. This will be payable at the door. For lunch we are planning on sandwiches and side dishes. If anyone has any special needs please let me know. Soft drinks and water will also be available.

The clubhouse is reserved for all day. We will be starting at 10:00 AM and going until about 4. The clubhouse is on Rt. 29 about 10 miles south of Culpeper or about 35 miles north of Charlottesville. Brightwood Ruritan Club, 4689 Lillards Ford Road, Brightwood, VA 22715. If you need directions let me know. We will have plenty of room in the building for doing things and also a large parking lot for doing things outside.

We will also have a spot set up for buying, selling or swapping items. This will be a great way to find a new home for some unused items and pick up something for yourself.

Andy Anderson

It looks like we have about 10 confirmations so far. With a smaller gathering you won't get lost in the crowd. Also you will have a chance to meet everyone. Looks like we are definitely going to have welding. Still not too late to make the commitment to come and have an excellent day trading ideas with other Christmas enthusiasts.

Andy Anderson

The Tour de Madison (a leisurely bicycle tour of Madison County) will be using the picnic shelter near the building as a rest stop the same day as we are using the building. So if you could park on the left side of the building we will be out of their way.

If you want to bring some pictures or a DVD of your display we will have a DVD player and TV there and can view them during lunch.

Andy

Andy,

I'm sorry I will miss this mini, it has been such a long wait and it finally arrives on the same weekend as two other major events that have my attention. I hope it goes well and that everyone has a great time.

MarthaK

Edison Christmas

Ahhh Martha K I was looking forward to meeting you. I am still planning on coming. I am bringing a friend with me I hope that is okay. I would like to know what the weather is suppose to be like up there. No tornado's right. I am sick of the tornado warnings around here and need a break from them. LOL

Mark,

Glad their will be others to rep. N.VA, I'll bring my Buzz Box for people to check out as well so whoever has any strings with issues please bring them with you. Got to have nonworking Mini's for a demo.

As to the time I will get there it will be 3 hours from the time I get in my car. I hope. Remember I drive a school bus and sometimes forget that I can go over 45 MPH. I will try to remember I am in my car. LOL

Andy if I put that address in my GPS it will take me straight there right. If you put my address in the GPS it will take you to a whole other county. Don't know why.

Just a way-to-late heads up:

I am bringing:

10 25ct strands of c7s to sell (half still in box)

1 100ct monster c7 strand

4-5 Multicolor Net Lights

1 Wireframe/Mesh Candle

I just got back... and it was awesome! Thanks to everyone! I learned A LOT!:)

And, my parents have decided that I will be allowed to Get a LOR Controller, (I haven't told them about the $100 software), use indoor cords, and make my own using SPT wire!

You guys did a great job at showing them how I was right all along.:D

Way to go Alec!

I'm glad i had the chance to meet you and your parents. Hopefully we can all get together again this year before display crunch time and share how our plans are progressing. Just remember your parents are not nearly as informed as you as to the intricacies of todays displays so try to be patient. Had a great time today and have got to thank Andy for the excellant hosting job! I hope we can do it again.

Thanks Andy!

Well us ladies had to stop at the mall on the way home so we just got here. We had alot of fun at the mini. I called my husband and told him what you said about the LOR and when I got home he said that it was on the floating bit rate and he changed it. Now we have to add more music. Thank you so much for your tip.

Thank You Andy for hosting this mini and I can't wait to attend another one.

Oh yeah my friend is talking about doing a fan in her yard. lol

Alec it is great that your parents are letting you get the LOR. You have very nice parents. They will have to learn like I am. We will get there one day.

Lightitup,

Glad you got the timing issue cleared up..Hope we can all get together again before Dec. but if not don't forget to plan a visit to my place during the holidays and check out my Christmas Fish.

We have already planned a trip up. Just not sure which weekend. Kathy won't miss it for anything. She was in awe yesterday. She couldn't believe what everyone does to prepare. She thought I was the only lunatic making my own decorations. We are thinking about Nov. 28th and staying the night so we can see your display, Mark's and J.D.'s display. I told her if there were any others in the area you would let us know. lol

Saturday evening we plan on coming back thru Richmond to see Alec's display and Martha's display. I told her they would all be on Thanksgiving weekend with the exception of Alec and we could stop there in the daylight because he would be putting his up.

Should be a great weekend.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Virginia mini and helped make it a success. Special thanks go to Bill V for bringing his welder and his patience letting all of us try our hand at welding and to JD for bringing elements from his display. He has done quite a bit for being his first year doing arches, mini trees, wreaths and other items and getting LOR to control them. I suspect it was JD's display that helped convince Alec's parents to OK a LOR box for him. Anyway a good time was had by all and made new friends.

Andy

Thanks go entirely to you Andy! You did a fantastic job. I hope we can get together again soon. It's such fun talking displays with people as crazy, I mean committed as I am.

Thanks Again.