Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
4craigh

Stuff for sale

Hi all.

I have some lights and some C9 stringers for sale. Buyer pays shipping and payments to be made with PayPal.

You can buy all of one item or just what you need, but it would be nice to sell each item as a complete group.

PM me and we can discuss what you would like to buy.

For now the prices are what they are, prefer not to haggle!

Here is the list:

11 - C9 100 socket stringers, White cord and sockets, bought from Centsible Holiday lighting, used one season. Note: one or more of the stringers is really only 99 sockets.

Price: $9.50 per stringer - $104.50 for all of them.

Blue C9 bulbs, 496 total, used one season, about 100 of these have not been used, bought from Creative Displays.

Price for all of them: $35.00

Green C9 Bulbs, 507 total, used one season, about 107 of these have not been used, bought from Creative Displays. This will ship in 2 boxes.

Red C9 Bulbs, 499 total, used one season, about 100 of these have not been used, bought from Creative Displays.

Par 38 Colored Halogen Bulb, 95 watt, used one season.

15 Blue bulbs, $3.50 each

15 Green bulbs, $3.50 each

14 Red bulbs, $3.50 each

Mini Lights:

Target Brand (40% energy saving), used one season but in good shape:

36 Red, Price for all of them $36.00

36 Blue, Price for all of them $36.00

36 Green, Price for all of them $36.00

(note: each color will include the replacement bulbs and fuses, however these items are not one for one, as not every box contained these items)

Home Depot brand mini lights, never used still in boxes:

6 Blue, Price for all of them $6.00

23 Green, Price for all of them $23.00

I have included a few pictures of some of the items, more to follow in additional posts.

Craig

The Target Mini's and the Home Depot Mini's are all gone!

Still have the C9 stuff and the colored spots.

Craig

All,

The colored mini's are back up for sale.

Here is something that I learned, shipping these to the east coast is expensive - UPS ground is $108 for 3 boxes, and USPS parcel post is $86 for 3 boxes. Believe it or not, 36 strands of lights weighs quite a bit - 27 lbs per box - all 36 strands of one color in one box, if I add packing it weighs more.

thanks

Craig

Craig:

Have you looked into the flat rate USPS boxes. There is an 11' x 8.5' x 5' box for a flat $8.95. If the minis are taken out of the boxes, you should be able to get 8-10 strings in a box no problem.

Here's the link.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13354&productId=11697&langId=-1

I'm still interested in the mini's

All,

The flat rate boxes are an option - however since they are smaller boxes it takes more of them to fit all the lights into. My guess is that 36 strands would take at least 3 boxes (maybe more), to fit all 108 stands (all the reds, blues and greens) it would take at least 9 boxes (maybe more) which would cost $80.55 (this could be higher if it takes more of these boxes).

So there is some savings but not much.

It is also time consuming and more labor intensive to put together all these boxes, plus the trips to the PO to pick the empty boxes, then to return the boxes for actual mailing.

I feel "shipping challenged", I did not really understand how much the shipping was going to cost before I posted my items for sale... sorry!

I am really trying to get this right!

The Home Depot Mini's are gone.

The C9 stuff, the spots, and the Target minis are still available.

Craig

Mike,

they are transparent.

However they are sold, just waiting on the funds from the buyer.

The mini's are also gone.

Still have the halogen floods.

Update:

All of the C9 stringers and C9 bulbs are gone, so are all of the mini lights.

The spot lights are still available.

Craig

Still have the halogens, yes they are used, but 3-4 of each color are brand new.

I also have the fixtures I used for these lights, here is the info:

I have 12 of the single socket fixtures, they are metal. $6.00 each

I have 5 of the 3 socket fixtures, they are plastic. 12' spacing between each socket, total cord length is 36'. $7.00 each.

see pictures

Craig