Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
michael b

Florida Mini coming in two weeks! Update!

Great,

I am looking through the threads for the time to be at your place???????

I have the address.

Lee

I am planning on buying some lights... just not too sure what I need. I think seeing what people bring will give me some ideas!

Great,

I am looking through the threads for the time to be at your place???????

I have the address.

Lee

Lee,

The agenda is the second post of this thread. Breakfast/Snack coffee and get to know each other:10 am

11:30 introductions. 12:30ish first presentation by Holidaysoft.

New update! Mini 3 days away.

Great news! I have been kicked off the food committee. My wife is taking over. :) Your stomachs will thank her. Missy and my two daughters are going to be getting the food ready.

There is a change in the menu. Because food prices have risen so much, party platters are not a good choice for our budget. That is Okay, because my wife know how to stretch a dollar and make it taste good! :cool:

For lunch we will be having subs. Veggie subs and subs with meat. Drinks are: soda, tea, and water.

Breakfast will be coffee, juice, muffins, fruit, and anything else my wife dreams up.

There will probably be homemade cookies and or brownies for dessert.

There will be snacks, too.

As my wife adds or deletes items from the menu, I will keep you posted.

I am not going to be able to get a Doc Cam, but I do have a projector. I tested it last night and it is working. It is a nice one.

Don't forgot to bring something to sell, buy or trade. Bring a door prise if you can. Bring a smile and a joke. Ladies, your husbands don't count! :)

If you need my address and phone number PM me.

See you all soon!

Great News! Lori from Lori's Lighted D'Lites sent a fantastic door prize! It is so cool. It is a two piece new design wireframe valued at over $200! It is to die for. It has the 2 channel controller and lights.

This is so new it is not on her website yet.

Here is a link to Lori's:

http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/index.asp

I hope you are bringing plenty of one dollar bills. The way we are giving away door prizes is by you writing your name on a $1 bill. I will draw a $1 bill from a container. The name on the bill gets their dollar and the prize. Then I will draw another bill and that person gets all the bills that were put in for that prize.

We will do that for each prize. You can put more than one bill in for a prize. It is a fun way to pick a winner.

See you soon!

Edited by Michael B
grammar

Sounds like a good time in the making. Just a fyi for those thinking of buying I will have many things there that were NOT in the original list. Let's just say things are in a precarious spot family wise right now and selling EVERYTHING I bring to the mini would be great. I know for a fact that I will be bringing some blue and clear ge led's as well as alot of other things. I for one am hoping that many of you Pc members win the doorprizes, and I am hoping to win the money. lol Hey at least I am honest. lol

Hi guys...this is my first time seeing the new PC and I'm pumped! Honestly, I've sincerely missed talking to you guys and I can't wait to get back into the forums and see what everyone has been doing.

I'm coming this Saturday. If there are any party busses coming from the south, I'd join. I'm in Palm City and my email is [email protected].

Can't wait! Thanks Michael!

Humm WWE............... I do HHH "Time to play the Game"

MOTORHEAD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a list of things I am bringing IF anyone is interested.

84 boxes clear lowes 100's mini 1.00 each 84 reserved-1 person

12 clear lowes 300's mini 3.00 each

58 100's red hobby lobby mini-1.50 30 reserved-1 person

4 boxes light clips 100-1.50 each

40 100's blue hobby lobby mini-1.50 each

6 3ft non lit trees from walmart-3.00 each 6 reserved-1person

By the way chuck looks like I will be bringing the 2nd place mother in law's friend of brevard county with me. She ended up losing to another who was on the site for ONLY 3 days by a tenth of a point and she was up there for a couple weeks........ Not sure if we will stay all day because we will not have a sitter so our 3 little ones will be coming with us. Thanks goodness michael lives close to a park.

By the way txgstraitbullrider4 looks like someone has been watching just a TAD bit too much wwe......... Hey what can I say I am right there with ya. lol Hoping for a long title reign for the KING OF KINGS!!!!!!

Idybug is back!

You have been missed!

You are welcome, see you Saturday!

Hi guys...this is my first time seeing the new PC and I'm pumped! Honestly, I've sincerely missed talking to you guys and I can't wait to get back into the forums and see what everyone has been doing.

I'm coming this Saturday. If there are any party busses coming from the south, I'd join. I'm in Palm City and my email is [email protected].

Can't wait! Thanks Michael!

Thanks Michelle! Things are coming together.

Im rooting for you Michael............Cant wait to hear the details....

Well just starting to load everything up for the trip tomorrow. I did come across a few more things to take and EVERYTHING that I am bring is BRAND NEW NEVER USED bought after last season. Just a few of the things include 24 boxes of the 300 CLEAR garland lights that are 4 dollars a box. I also due to situations beyond my control will be selling 10 boxes of blue ge led's for 8 dollars a box and also 10 boxes of clear ge led's for 8 dollars a box. Will also be bringing 10 red and 10 green 100 watt floodlights for 1.50 each. I even ran across 8 18 ft brand new extension cords from hobby lobby for around 3.50 each. Also I through in the 12 boxes I had of the 300 mini light clear string that is 81 ft long. I am REALLY hoping to get rid of EVERYTHING tomorrow I could really use it. I have a bit of room left and have some 70 count mini's in different colors but will not put them in the car UNLESS some one can use them. Can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in a Ramsey FM25B Synthesized Transmitter let me know and maybe we can work a deal. Used 1 season.

Edited by Steven Singleton Jr.

Update:

1 day to go! It looks like 35 people are coming.

At 10 am there will be coffee and a breakfast snacks. This will be a time we can get to know each other. I may put a few of you to work if I don't have everything done. :)

At 11:30 we will start introductions.

Presentations will start around 12:30. Michael Collins from Holidaysoft will go first.

Lunch will probably be around 2.

We will probably finish around 5:30 or 6 pm.

If you need my address or phone number PM me.

Bring lots of $1 bills to win a door prize. You may want to bring something to write with and take notes. Bring a camera. This is going to be fun! :)

I'll sign the dog and give him to you!

The little sh&t has been whizzing on my nutcracker. :P

BTW - I'm in Ocala now. About an hour or so from Michael's house.

See you around 10. ("You" meaning anyone attending.)

If you want a "real" door prize, then you need to offer a signed autographed picture of Chuck's Pug.
Edited by ChuckHutchings

I am up. I am sitting in one of forty white chairs I got from my church. I think I am going to return them and get metal ones. My butt hurts. I'll be back!

See you all soon!

Just wanted to be the first to say thank you to michael and his boss missy. WE had a wonderful time and erin the girls just LOVE you to death lexi cried for 15 minutes because she wanted to go back and play with her new friend. Just wanted to say this was the first mini I have been to and WE had a great time meeting each and every one of you. And all of us that went to the mini KNOW the door prizes were def rigged. lol I know I am awful with names but it was great putting faces with screen names after all this time. We had to leave early because the little ones were getting restless but we had a GREAT time. If anyone wanted any of the things I had left from the sale but just did not get them let me know. I may put the rest of the things up on ebay. Well hope to see pics from the mini posted here ASAP!!

Hello, everyone! I believe we had 34 decorators and 4 kids here. I want to thank everyone for coming. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. The Florida Mini has grown each year.

14 in 06'

25 in 07'

34 in 08'

We started with coffee and a snack. chatting and buying lights.

Then introductions: I like this part, it is fun hearing about each other.

Michael Collins from Holidaysoft demoed the new version 4 holiday decoratoring designing program that works with LOR2. The released date is scheduled for July 12th. The program is way cool. You can put your bulbs on a picture of you house and yard. You can even design your Mega Tree or take a picture of something you built and add it in. One feature I loved: You can overlay several lights on top of each other. You can play your LOR sequences while you see how your lights look on your house and in your yard.

Bill Vanderslice showed us how to build a water display. His house was on HGTV. He did a fantasic job sharing his love for designing and decorating.

My wife did a great job making sure everyone was well fed.

Darren showed us many different types of Mega Trees, different ways of stringing them, and different ways to program them.

I talked about display design.

Darren discussed LOR2 and enhancements. Darren you did a great job

Ron Lister showed us how to make his coro stars and coro candles.

Matt showed us how to work with coro and design a talking head. He showed us Jack.

Bernie showed us how to weld. He made it look so easy.

Mike Weber showed us his car and had flames shooting out the back!

Edited by Michael B