Serious problem at our house

We had a serious accident last night. My youngest son was playing with the Wii console when we told him it was time for bed. Well he gave us the usual fuss about having to stop playing.

He finally quit his game and started to wind up his game cube controller which was plugged into the Wii. However instead of unplugging first, or walking towards the console he pulled our beloved Wii off the shelf and it hit the hardwood floor with a crash:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well we are all grieving for our loss.. We contacted Nintendo USA and got a repair number and shipping label in about 15 min. They are going to have it for about 2 weeks.....:(

This is the note I sent with it.

"Help me Please!!!!

I am the Slater family's Wii console. I live a ##### Robert Dr. Livonia,

Michigan 48150. I'm am being sent to you with Nintendo Repair Order # ######.

Unfortunately I haven't earned my wings yet and failed to fly and gently land on the

floor when my youngest user in the household was winding his "plugged in"

controller up for the night. My house has a hardwood floor and I hurt myself

internally. I think it's my optical scanner mechanism. I can't seem to read

the game disks anymore. It's a real bummer because everyone in the house

really misses me. Dad because he can't play Guitar Hero, Mom can't do her

Wii Fit, And the two boys can't play their Mario smash bro's brawl or

Fishing master...

I'm worried they're going to start fighting with one another without anything to do.

I'm also worried they might really like playing outside and I will get forgotten about.

So please do your best to get me back home soon and in good working order.

Thank you very much,

The Slater's Wii console"

I just though I'd share to make someone smile.

I see what you are trying to do............Trying to get them to send you some free stuff. lol Right now my wii is grieving because the tv it as hooked up to is not working. lol Hey we should all put our wii id's here so we can all talk to each other. So anyone have any Christmas related mii's??

I love my Wii. I play SSBB obsessively. I don't know what I'd do without our Wii.

Nintendo does have decent repair service. My sister broke the hinge on her DS Lite, and they fixed it for free.

I am sorry for your loss.

PS- If anybody wants to challenge me to a WFC Brawl, I'd be game. I'd probably lose though.

OOOH you just gave me a thought. The kids always get too close to the tv. If I counterweighted the controllers so they hang over the couch and automatically retract up then they won't have to wind them up so we won't have any more oops's....:D

Does the Wii not have wireless controllers?

Seems to me that is the solution.

OOOH you just gave me a thought. The kids always get too close to the tv. If I counterweighted the controllers so they hang over the couch and automatically retract up then they won't have to wind them up so we won't have any more oops's....:D

Yes Wii remotes are wireless. However Wii also plays older Gamecube games. When using these older games it sometimes make sense to use the gamecube controllers. Wii has 4 of these ports built in..... So that's why it hit the floor:(

We got a Wii (or is it "Wii got a we") just a few weeks ago. I'm definitly not a "gamer" but I kind of fall into the category that I think Nintendo was trying to capture with this console -- adults who maybe used to game "back in the day" but are turned off by all the complicated games and zillion-button controls of the consoles of late, but find "doing real actions" pretty cool.

I'm definitely not one to spend hours on the thing a night, or even use it more than a couple times a week, but it's fun to have. I just picked up a cheap copy of Madden '08 on Craigslist the other night and that game's pretty intense... Otherwise Cathy and I have had some pretty good tennis matches together ;)

-Tim

OK people Now I really feel old, don't laugh at me but.....for my birthday two years ago my wife got me the wii, now i love my xbox360 but as of late haven't had time to play. the wii is on our main plasma in the house and i like the golf, boxing,baseball and i do play once in a blue moon....in two years maybe 5 times, but last year she got me the moh game for wii because its my favorite game on 360, and it was so hard to play on the wii i gave it up. haven't touch it since, now my 14 year old likes it. so, please fill me in here, why does everyone like it so much what am i missing! what games should i get her to be up to date.....I'm asking because I have not been my self lately quite grumpy around the house with the weight of my company practically deadlining in sales for months now. So as much for me not being into the wii maybe if a get some fun games to play with her I can start to make it up to her in a fun way. And don't worry about me everyone I've given my company and my financial worries to the one person who can handle my needs.....I've put it in gods hands. hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way by every one, but i think its what i need to do just let it go I've been consumed with worry now for months.....almost since last Christmas. and it's killing me inside! Now back to what games i can get for my 14 year old Samantha and why wii is so good.

Hey Toymakr000 ever walk into a doctors office for kids and see the will station? it's a clear case ....unbreakable! with four flexible arms and a flat plate at the end, the will controllers snap on it for safe keeping when not in use. I think somthing like that might work really work well for you and the kids.

Yes Wii remotes are wireless. However Wii also plays older Gamecube games. When using these older games it sometimes make sense to use the gamecube controllers. Wii has 4 of these ports built in..... So that's why it hit the floor:(

You could make your kids play Brawl with the regular wiimotes and nunchuck. I do, since we don't have any Gamecube controllers. Then again, maybe that's why I always lose...

Maybe get a few classic controllers. They plug into the wiimote, which makes them essentially "wireless".