Getting married tomorrow!

Guest Scot Meyers

Steve,

I hope you got your way and your tux has battery poerated mini lights all over it and that you got to have a 12 ft christmas tree lit up at the reception. hee hee...

Congrats man,

May the Lord bless your Marriage with many future decorators. and May your wife put up with your obsession all the years of your life....

Congratzzzz Steve!

Best advice I can give is treat her with respect...and don't always agree or kiss her a$$...

Women don't like that...we prefer to have a man with his own opinions.

Drives me batty when I ask hubby for an opinion and get whatever you think or it's up to you...lol...I don't want it to always be up to me...

Just be yourself...that's why she married you...because she liked you...:)

Well... It went off without a hitch! Knowing what's good for me, I didn't even mention working on Christmas Decorations all weekend. I did make a couple quick checks of the forum, but that can't be helped!

Or official pictures won't be done for 5 weeks! But I do have some candids trickling in from friends and family. It was quite a memorable event. My "Best Women" included my Christmas Obsession in their toast. There were no mini-lights on my tux, but all of our floral arrangements did include lighted elements.

Congratulations, Steve. Marriage can be a wonderful thing, ups, downs, and sideways included. Only advice I'd give is talk..a lot, be honest with your wife no matter what happens and keep communicating.

And when communication doesn't work, she can take a ball peen hammer to you and it will get you straighted out in a hurry.

:rolleyes:

And when communication doesn't work, she can take a ball peen hammer to you and it will get you straighted out in a hurry.

:rolleyes:

Speaking from experience? Speaking of communicating... I heard loud and clear that I was in big trouble if I smashed cake in my bride's face. Of course, I assumed that meant a mutual agreement. Guess who would up covered in icing?

Speaking from experience? Speaking of communicating... I heard loud and clear that I was in big trouble if I smashed cake in my bride's face. Of course, I assumed that meant a mutual agreement. Guess who would up covered in icing?

Funny you should ask. When my spouse and I got married, we bypassed the headaches and heartburn of a formal ceremony and eloped. We ended up in the Virgin Islands in the offices of the Territorial US Justice, who presided over our ceremony.

We were there as well as a couple from New York. The judge, trying to make it special, offered a couple of words of wisdom and followed it up with a question.

The question was, "What do you think you should do if you have a disagreement?" or something like that.

The right answer was "communicate, blah, blah, blah...". Being the nervous comic I was, my answer was, "Oh, we don't have any problems. If I am wrong, she hits me over the head with a ball peen hammer."

I thought it was funny and laughed. My spouse just about fell on the floor to die from embarrassment, the couple from New York looked at me like I had grown a third eye, and the judge, not to be outdone, quickly followed up with "do I need to file assault charges".

Anyway, it all worked out and she keeps the hammer close at hand for when I need a whack or two.

A little late to the party but want to put my 2 cents in. If you want to remember your anniversary for ever just forget it once. I promise you that you will never forget it after that. All jokes aside, just remember to always be her best friend and always be there for her. Everything else is will fall into place.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm back from the honeymoon!

I know some of you asked for pictures, I finally have some.

First Dance:

dance.jpg

Cake Cutting:

cake.jpg

My Best Women and Groomsmen:

myside.jpg

Bridesmaids and Flower girl:

jenside.jpg

Now that the wedding planning and preparation are over with and the honeymoon has come and gone, I suddenly realize just how much sequencing is left to do...

Hi Steve ,I don't think we've met yet ,but let me say congrat's to you and your new bride.

The picture's are beautiful !:)

Did you go any where exotic for the honeymoon?:cool:

May the good Lord Bless both of you abundantly .