transmitter group buy sale 8/2 thru 11/30

edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase:

• PM me a request for the sale link

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

Additional Information:

• The EDM LCD is very comparable to Ramsey transmitters but at a much lower price point.

• The LCD transmitter includes variable power control and should only be operated in a manner compliant with FCC Part15 regulations. This means making a wise choice of frequency, antenna and operating with the minimum amount of power required for your display. Typically, the included whip-antenna works just fine and provides plenty of transmission range.

• The transmitters include a 2 year mfgr warranty std. compared to 1 year for Ramsey units.

• EDM support is excellent and they also have a yahoo group for owners.

• About 40 users have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works.

• The EDM LCD is a kit, but requires only very basic soldering skills, so it is appropriate for almost almost who can solder a power lead. The kit typically only takes 15 minutes (or less) to assemble.

• If you are looking for a "kit experience", then the Ramsey may be a better choice for you. Many people are afraid of the Ramsey kits or simply cannot afford them ... the EDM LCD is a great "no regrets" alternative.

• Shipping and handling is $12 per order

• Each member can can order up to (2) transmitters.

• Optional shipping insurance is available

• Please don't wait too long to purchase your transmitter if your planning a show for 2008.

• Keep in mind that a backup transmitter is often a good idea -- as the loss of your transmitter can basically be a show stopper.

Rules:

• Once 10 orders are placed, all transmitters will ship out together, usually within 2 business days.

• Each group of 10+ orders is called a batch. So if you miss the current batch, you can always place an order and will be part of the next batch.

• Typically, the first 5 orders goes a little slower than the last 5 orders. I would advise you to place your orders ASAP, so that everyone gets their transmitted in the shortest # of days possible.

• Typically, each batch completes in 1-3 weeks, but depends on member demand.

• On the day 10 orders are received, you can still place orders up till midnight (SA time) that same day ... this is typically PST+9,MST+8,CST+7,EST+6 . So if 10 orders is say reached at 10am EST, then this would mean that the sale would end 8 hours later, or at 6pm EST, or 6+6=12pm SA time.

• This is a "members only" sale, so I will not send you the sale link unless you are a valid member of LOR, PC, SCL or DIYC. New members joining just to participate in the sale will not be permitted.

Edited by taybrynn
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other important note.

If you decide to place an order on on the sale link site, then please remember to enter your PC username into the paypal notes section, so that we can identify (and validate) you as a PC member.

So for example, if I was ordering, I would enter "taybrynn" into the notes section.

This is important to ensure you get the discounted price.

Batch #4 update:

9 of 10 orders confirmed - 5:16pm MST

Folks ordering before 4PM MST tomorrow should be included in this batch, assuming we will hit 10 orders very soon.

Orders placed after 4PM MST tomorrow will go into batch#5 (a new 10 group of orders).

So if your thinking of trying to time this sale perfectly -- now would be a great time to enter batch#4 with virtually no wait.

PM me for the sale link.

What's the range on this transmitter?

Transmitter range is always dependant on 3 things - the power of the transmitter, the quality, design and orientation of the antenna, and the environment in which you are transmitting (what's in the way).

Since the EDM can go up to .1 watt, its maximum range will very likely be more than you can legally get away with. Many people use only .01 watt for their christmas transmitters. The odds that the EDM will transmit as far as it needs to for viewers of your display is about 99.8%

Every persons location is different, but I would say you almost certainly could cover the 1/4 mile distance, esp. if you located it wisely and/or used a 3rd party antenna. I doub't it would even need to be in the middle, but that would be the best for equal coverage. Some guys can easily go a mile with a properly tuned and located antenna (up high). This said, you should only transmit to the edge of your display and no further. Thats why the variable power is so useful ... you can turn it down till it starts to break up just beyond your display. Also choose your frequency wisely and don't leave it on when not needed. The range of the EDM at 100mW is equal to those chinese transmitters at 1watt -- but without the terrible 2nd and 3rd harmonics. For most people, 10mW is enough.

BTW, batch#4 is at 11 orders ... so the batch will close tomorrow at 4PM MST, 6PM EST ... or 12PM SA TIME.

*** This means orders placed between now and 8/6 @ 4PM MST are basically no-wait orders ...

THen after 4pm EST tomorrow, we will start batch#5 ... and the 10 quota starts over again (per EDM rules).

1/4 mile long, wow, that should be quite a treat to see. However, I fear that 1/4 mile range on your transmitter increases the chances that the FCC comes knocking on your door. Assuming that your 1/4 mile is a straight line, locating the antenna in the middle of the display cuts your range needs down to 1/8 mile which cuts your risk. You might check to see if you can get a bi-directional antenna which transmits forward and backwards from the antenna along the route but not very much to the sides. This would cut your risk even more.

Wow, what a great response for batch#4.

We are now officially in to batch#5 ...

How to purchase:

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

Additional Information:

• The EDM LCD is very comparable to Ramsey transmitters but at a much lower price point.

• The LCD transmitter includes variable power control and should only be operated in a manner compliant with FCC Part15 regulations. This means making a wise choice of frequency, antenna and operating with the minimum amount of power required for your display. Typically, the included whip-antenna works just fine and provides plenty of transmission range.

• The transmitters include a 2 year mfgr warranty std. compared to 1 year for Ramsey units.

• About 40 users have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works. Another 15 are awaiting their transmitters from batch#4.

• The EDM LCD is a kit, but requires only very basic soldering skills, so it is appropriate for almost almost who can solder a power lead. The kit typically only takes 15 minutes (or less) to assemble.

• If you are looking for a "kit experience", then the Ramsey may be a better choice for you. Many people are afraid of the Ramsey kits or simply cannot afford them ... the EDM LCD is a great "no regrets" alternative.

• Please don't wait too long to purchase your transmitter if your planning a show for 2008.

• Keep in mind that a backup transmitter is often a good idea -- as the loss of your transmitter can basically be a show stopper.

Rules:

• Once 10 orders are placed, all transmitters will ship out together, usually within 2 business days.

• Each group of 10+ orders is called a batch. So if you miss the current batch, you can always place an order and will be part of the next batch.

• Typically, the first 5 orders goes a little slower than the last 5 orders. I would advise you to place your orders ASAP, so that everyone gets their transmitted in the shortest # of days possible.

• On the day 10 orders are received, you can still place orders up till midnight (SA time) that same day ... this is typically PST+9,MST+8,CST+7,EST+6 . So if 10 orders is say reached at 10am EST, then this would mean that the sale would end 8 hours later, or at 6pm EST, or 6+6=12pm SA time.

• This is a "members only" sale, so I will not send you the sale link unless you are a valid member of LOR, PC, SCL or DIYC. New members joining just to participate in the sale will not be permitted.

Yes, sorry for the slow update on batch#4.

I was told batch#4 shipped out last Monday. So that would mean 10-15 days from then ... so I would guess some folks could start getting theirs later this week.

Scott

Yes, sorry for the slow update on batch#4.

I was told batch#4 shipped out last Monday. So that would mean 10-15 days from then ... so I would guess some folks could start getting theirs later this week.

Scott

Thank you, can't wait to start playing.

Batch#5 was completed on 8/17 at 4:00 PM MST :)

Batch #6 has started ... the sale link has been given to 6 additional members thus far ...

How to purchase:

Additional Information:

• Over 55 users have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works.

Rules:

Edited by taybrynn

Updates:

batch#4 - folks could expect delivery anytime in the coming week. the pkgs have arrived in the US for local shipping to your homes. one pkg could be delayed (1) additional day as it was selected by customs for inspection.

batch#5 - shipping out today, then 10-15 days for delivery

batch#6 - 3 of 10 confirmed orders (4th unconfirmed)

Edited by taybrynn