transmitter group buy sale 8/2 thru 11/30

I got 2 in the mail today as well. It was not opened by customs. Batch#4 seems to have had several boxes inspected by homeland security. I guess that is a good sign that they are actually trying to protect us?

Update on batch#6: 6 of 10 confirmed orders

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks -- 10 of 10 confirmed orders for batch#6 have been placed :P:p:p

= = = = =

Orders can still be placed (for batch#6) up till 12 midnight today (SA time).

This is a fantastic opportunity if your lucky enough to see it today. I may post something in heads up as well, since this is time limited and just for today.

Here is a quick way to get the SA time:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_ZA.aspx

So the batch ordering "day" ends at the following times, generally speaking, but look it up on the above link just to be sure.

3pm PST

4pm MST

5pm CST

6pm EST

After midnight, the ordering page normally goes offline for a few hours, to avoid possible problems or confusion.

Regards,

Scott

Batch#6 is closed. Transmitters should ship out by Wed/Thur this week, then 10-15 days after that for arrival.

Batch#4 folks should have received or will any day now.

Batch#5 folks could start seeing them arrive this week and into next week.

. . .

Batch #7 will begin on Tuesday, 9/2 ...

Batch #4 - transmitters should be deliver by now

Batch #5 - folks should start seeing them in the next 1-5 days ...

Batch #6 - Shipping out today or tomorrow ... then 10-15 days for shipping.

BATCH # 7 - GOING ON NOW! (0 of 10 confirmed orders) ...

edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase:

• PM me a request for the sale link

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

Additional Information:

• The EDM LCD is very comparable to Ramsey transmitters but at a much lower price point.

• The LCD transmitter includes adjustable power control and should only be operated in a manner compliant with FCC Part15 regulations. This means making a wise choice of frequency, antenna and operating with the minimum amount of power required for your display. Typically, the included whip-antenna works just fine and provides plenty of transmission range.

• The transmitters include a 2 year mfg. warranty std. compared to 1 year for Ramsey units.

• EDM support is excellent and they also have a yahoo group for owners.

• Over 70 members have already purchased an EDM transmitter via. this members only sale in 2008. Feel free to ask them what they think and how the unit works.

• The EDM LCD is a kit (as required by the FCC), but requires only very basic soldering skills, so it is appropriate for almost anyone who can solder a power lead. The kit typically only takes 15 minutes (or less) to assemble.

• If you are looking for a "kit experience", then the Ramsey may be a better choice for you. Many people are afraid of the Ramsey kits or simply cannot afford them ... the EDM LCD is a great "no regrets" alternative.

• One member who owns a couple modded belkins, a (1 watt) Vaseltec and an EDM ... is using the EDM LCD in his 2008 show.

• There are members who have owned (and/or still own) either the Ramsey FM25B, FM30B or FM100B ... who now are happy owners of the EDM LCD ... and use it as their primary transmitter.

• The EDM LCD kit comes with everything needed: 12V regulated power supply, transmitter, metal power coated case (not plastic like FM25B), test antenna (which works fine for 95% of all members on even 10mW).

• The EDM LCD takes a simple RCA mounted antenna connector, and accepts (2) RCA line level audio inputs. The antenna connection can easily be converted from RCA to other type using inexpensive adaptors, if needed.

• Shipping and handling is $12 per order

• Each member can can order up to (2) transmitters.

• Optional shipping insurance is available

• Please don't wait too long to purchase your transmitter if your planning a show for 2008.

• Keep in mind that a backup transmitter is often a good idea -- as the loss of your transmitter can basically be a show stopper.

Rules:

• Once 10 orders are placed, all transmitters will ship out together, usually within 2 business days.

• Each group of 10+ orders is called a batch. So if you miss the current batch, you can always place an order and will be part of the next batch.

• Typically, the first 5 orders goes a little slower than the last 5 orders. I would advise you to place your orders ASAP, so that everyone gets their transmitted in the shortest # of days possible.

• Typically, each batch completes in 1-3 weeks, but depends on member demand.

• On the day 10 orders are received, you can still place orders up till midnight (SA time) that same day ... this is typically PST+9,MST+8,CST+7,EST+6 . So if 10 orders is say reached at 10am EST, then this would mean that the sale would end 8 hours later, or at 6pm EST, or 6+6=12pm SA time.

• Instructions are emailed to you (via. emailed pdf file) after your purchase. Please be aware some folks have spam filtering problems with emails from S. Africa. If you don't get the manual, it can be found near the bottom of page#2 of this thread.

• This is a "members only" sale, so I will not send you the sale link unless you are a valid member of LOR, PC, SCL or DIYC. New members joining just to participate in the sale will not be permitted.

BATCH # 7 - GOING ON NOW! (0 of 10 confirmed orders) ...

PM me to request for the sale link

Yes, one sale for both groups

Ok cool, thanks for your reply(s)

Ps: I see your post on my other thread I started, Ill reply to that tomarrow when its not midnight :P You made a nice detialed 2 paragraph long reply and all im capible of atm is about 2 sentences.

Assembled mine today and it was a piece of cake. If you built any of the LOR kits you will laugh at this assembly and if you haven't done any soldering before, it is a good starter. Not too much to mess up. Set up was a breeze and in 20 minutes I was broadcasting in STEREO with great signal to a range of about 400 yds around my house with the included attennae! Thanks Scott! Great job getting this out there for us!

Rich

Assembled mine today and it was a piece of cake. If you built any of the LOR kits you will laugh at this assembly and if you haven't done any soldering before, it is a good starter. Not too much to mess up. Set up was a breeze and in 20 minutes I was broadcasting in STEREO with great signal to a range of about 400 yds around my house with the included attennae! Thanks Scott! Great job getting this out there for us!

Rich

What power setting were you using? 10mw or 100mw?

400 yards is like 1,200 feet.... thats some distance!

Rich

OK here is my stoopid observation for today.

Does LOR output in Stereo? I've never paid any attention before. (broadcast with Tunecast last year) But I'm in #7 now... :D

Wow if LOR does stereo that means I really need to pay attention to that part. It could make a difference in how I sequence.... Oh no not another variable. 128 variables was enough... now if stereo it's time 2... :eek:

Larry

Oh yeah ... its in STEREO all right !

For me, stereo wasn't a factor in sequencing much ... but

on the right song, it could be a consideration.

The EDM transmitter really delivers in the sound quality

department. Also in the quality department, IMHO.

If you want ANY transmitter to sound like the strongest

station in town, you'll need to add a volume maximizer and

compression. But straight out of the box, EDM sound is

excellent ... and as good or better than anything else

you can buy under $1000 .

And you can have the best warranty of any competitior --

two years.

Batch#7 -- 5 of 10 orders confirmed.

PM me if you want the sale link ...

If you want ANY transmitter to sound like the strongest

station in town, you'll need to add a volume maximizer and

compression.

IM not trying to be bold or anything but isnt this what the volume dial is for? Hehe, Sure its nice to have the "strongest" station on the dial, but Id prefer when people crank it up in thier cars, they hear the "near CD" quality, thats what counts.

Cmon batch 7! we can do it :P

You all know who to pm.

Your right, the volume knob works fine.

In general ... no transmitter will sound quite as loud as a regular radio station ... because those professional stations use expensive compression and volume/loudness maximizers (before going to the exciter/transmitter) to get the most squeezed in the FM wavelength.

:D BATCH#7 - 6 of 10 orders confirmed :D

:D EDM LCD TRANSMITTER GROUP BUY

BATCH#7 - 6 of 10 orders confirmed :D

edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg

The details are the same as before.

How to purchase:

• I will PM you back the transmitter sale link where you can browse and purchase the transmitter directly from the mfgr using paypal. You are not obligated to buy.

• Wait till 10 orders are placed ... then your transmitter will ship within 2 business days and typically takes 10-15 days to ship to your home.

Since the EDM LCD transmitter group purchase can take up to 1 month to arrive after purchasing on the group buy link ...

I have decided that I will end the EDM transmitter sale on 10/31 instead of on 11/30.

This way, everyone that orders by 10/31 can have it by 12/1 or earlier.

:) Thanks to everyone who has participated in 2008 ... we have almost 100 members with an EDM ... and the word is getting out that these are the real deal ... and their product support is equally unheard of. ;)

We are at 6 of 10 orders on batch#7 currently ...