Looking for Wizards in Winter arch sequence

Does anyone have a sequence of WIW using arches? I have the song sequenced from my display last year, but I am adding four 7-channel arches this year and would like some help with the arch sequences. If anyone has it with arches and is willing to share, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

If you sign up for the site, it is claimed you can download the sequences. Does not appear to provide the music file though.

You always have to provide the music...Licensing issue dont allow it...at least legally. It should just be a matter of you downloading the song from Itunes, amazon, ect. or buy the CD and opening the song in your sequencing program.

You always have to provide the music...Licensing issue dont allow it...at least legally. It should just be a matter of you downloading the song from Itunes, amazon, ect. or buy the CD and opening the song in your sequencing program.

Order the CD's! I have found a night and days difference in sound quality between downloaded music ( even off Itunes) and ripping it directly from a CD yourself..

All the downloads I did from Itunes sounded "muddy" and some sounded distorted ( especially TSO items, someone did a crappy job of ripping them, and over modulated them. Manheim was the opposite, the audio level was too low).

Ripping the CD's myself solved all those problems! Everything is nice and crisp! ( I use some pretty expensive Denon headphones) I now hear things in the background on TSO that I have never heard before!!

IMHO.....For listening as everyday music... downloads are fine and cheap, BUT you are investing a good ammount of $$$ for your display, you should make it sound as good as it looks,

Spend a few $$ on the CD's. You can buy them pretty reasonable on Amazon if you shop the used. I bought New myself, but then I am pretty picky.

my .07

william

May I ask why it would be so important to have a new sequence with arches in it?

I would think that using your original that is configured for your lights would be much easier than re-arranging someone elses.

Why not just add the channels to your existing sequence and program in how you want them to come on? It's not really anymore difficult that programming any other type of display.

For example, just off the top of my head I believe the "ba, ba , ba , ba ba, ba" part of the song lasts about 2 seconds. If you use 4 channels for your arch then I would do a fade up for .5 seconds for each channel then a fade down for the same and just fill in the gaps with steady on.

With something like that which is a real short area to try and time I use dead channels to mark out the start and end of a specific part and then fill in the middle.

I find it easier to use 0.02 for faster songs. I think the key to arches is using fades more than anything. If you can't get the sequencing just right then maybe one of us here could save it as a track and email to you.

Good Luck!

Spend a few $$ on the CD's. You can buy them pretty reasonable on Amazon if you shop the used. I bought New myself, but then I am pretty picky.

my .07

william

Only problem with CD's is that there are very few that have more that 1-2 songs I want on them....I'm not going to about to drop 7-15 bucks for 1-2 songs when I can spend 1-2 bucks....the quality isn't that much better...IMHO

....All the downloads I did from Itunes sounded "muddy" and some sounded distorted ........

Not to get off of the post subject... A lot of folks save songs in the MP3 format. In doing so a lot of the fidelity of the song is lost. Not sure if this is the case.

This thread seems to have gotten way off the original subject line.

But as long as it has and everyone seems to be following the new subject matter, here is my 2 cents.

CD's are nice, but I really don't find much difference in the quality between the MP3's that you can download and CD tracks.

ALso there is the issue of storage. I have over 7 gb of MP3's on my external hard drive. They are backed up on just two DVD data discs.

If I were to buy all the CD's for what I have not only would I have about 500 gb of data, they would all be multiple CD discs. I would need all kinds of CD racks to store them.

Additionally CD discs are much more susceptible to damage than stored data (i.e. scratches, dust, spills, etc)

Bottom line for me is MP3's are much more efficient, the sound quality is the same if very little difference and for .99 cents it is much easier to store and track.

Neil "Light Engineer" Monkman