chuck i hope you are right!!! i know you will give them all they can handle (lights) and tell everyone how they work out!! i will do the same with the diogen and GKI lights. im even going to buy and test the cheap diogens from hobby lobby. they have really good looking cords and bulbs but are supposedly half wave. i guess its all a learning adventure any way!!

I have done some of my own testing. There is a big difference between half and full c7's. However the Hobby Lobby/Holiday Creations half wave c6 blues are pretty close to my full wave c7's. I am still waiting on some full wave c6's so I can't directly compare those yet. My guess is the difference won't be as much due to the smaller diffuser. I am still trying to reach Paul to see if he has a demo set I can try before his Sept sale. I think I might like the 50 ct c7's and I think it would be cheaper than 2-25 ct sets. Too bad I can't just buy 1 set to try out like I did the Holiday Creations.

Edited by keitha
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

keith thats why i hadnt ordered any CDI this year. i dont need a case of anything. realy though i have some half wave sets from sams club that are C7's with removable bulbs and screw on covers that look pretty good compared to full waves. but they will probably just make it one more season : ( the rust monster is starting to get them! speaking on full wave C6's.. hotrod showed me some earlier this year that were amazing!! id looked at tons or full waves but his diogens really kicked!! its said that the diogen and CDI are pretty close in color/brightness.

Edited by CARS8

I sure within a year or 2 if you have a problem with a few sets he will make good. We have to realize there will be some failures!!! Sometimes they fail before you get them out of the box. He does not want to loose everyones business over this so im sure he will take care of this. My guess is he will address this issue when he is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I sure within a year or 2 if you have a problem with a few sets he will make good. We have to realize there will be some failures!!! Sometimes they fail before you get them out of the box."

id sure like to think so. seeing they have a five season warranty : )

This is interesting... I knew the half waves had a lifetime warranty, but have always been told the full wave and the commercial have 3 years. They even have a slip in the box that says three years.

"Q: Do the L.E.D. products have a Limited Lifetime Guarantee?

A: If the L.E.D.s in this set fail within one year from the date of purchase, exchange it where purchased following their return policy. If the L.E.D.s in this set fail after the first year from the date of purchase, ship it prepaid with proof of purchase to the address below. We will replace the set with a comparable set or refund the purchase. This guarantee excludes damage resulting from accident, alteration or misuse of the product. The guarantee specifically excludes electrical wiring.

Our address is:

Holiday Creations

Customer Service Department

5161 E. Arapahoe Rd., #400

Centennial, CO 80122

"

yep hotrod the box you gave me had that slip in it saying 3 years. im going to go buy a set from hobby lobby and see what it says. would make sense to warranty the better sets as well if not better than the not as good sets. but who knows!!

well like i said its all a learning thing!! look at all the things we have learned about LED's !!! different products and companies!! amazing!! and we all have learned to keep a sharp eye on the details about things we buy and sell!! i wish more companies would make LED's that you could change and mix the colors in! the wireframe folks would be blessed with such a light!! i hope everyones lights work for a long long time and bring joy to many many people!! : )

Paul,

That is exactly how I interpreted your warranty but there seemed to be some confusion. But the main point I was trying to get across is I don't necessarily think replaceable LED strings are inferior to sealed on the contrary if through design changes the corrosion problem has been taken care of they would be my first choice.

I know he will stand by them cause he has in the past. Lets face it 90 days is pretty much a useless warrantee because we get them MOST of the time in June and dont use them till the end of November so you do the math. If you have major failures im sure he will help you out!!!!! Give the guy a chance.

hey i went and picked up some of the diogens from hobby lobby as i said i would. half wave .. flicker.. half as bright. got a set of red that was ok and a set of warm white. dont like the warms at all!! but i did get them for 5.99 a box. ill find somewhere to stick them!!

I'm at home now but here is a quick update. I was riding a forklift most of the morning and we unloaded container (20 footer) number two. We did fill about 20 orders this afternoon but tomorrow we will fill about 50 more (I'm hoping). Anyone that has not received their pre order (E-mails will go out tomorrow by UPS and us) will get them in about 2 weeks and than we are done. :D:D:D:D At least with the pre-orders :eek:

I hadn't thought of that!

I just plugged in a string of 100-ct red minis and they do dim.

Not much dimming occurs between 100-50% intensity (they appear to be full on until you drop below 50%. Then they dim smoothly to around 10% when they shut off.

Note that this was a quick and dirty test with room lights on. It's possible (probable) that they dim past 10%.

I don't have any from last year handy for a side-by-side comparison. If nobody beats me to it, I'll dig some out tomorrow.

I wouldn't think there would be any difference in dimming between a sealed or replaceable led. Chucks test seems to be in line with the non replaceable CDI led's from last year.

You're right. Whether or not the bulbs can be removed doesn't determine how dimmable they are. I just hadn't tried dimming these. (They are a completely new design with different rectifiers.)

yeah chuck they are 100% new manufacturer .. im glad things are working out!! hey i got some of the blue and red halfs from hobby lobby and they are much much better than the whites!! the blues are better than the red but both are good for filler!!

i Bought The C-7 Mini Base Lights They Are Sealed But Had To Ship 5 Sets Back Not Working Red Sets Only The Green Are Ok

Blair

In The Above Post I Mentioned That Theses Were Sealed They Are Not The Lenses Come Off Also There Is An Extra Bulb And Fuse I Must Apologize For This Error Blair

One thing I have noticed with my green m5s is that they are not instant off, they fade off.

The other leds I got after christmas are instant on and instant off. These seem to have a .5 sec. fade off. Does this have anything to do with 1/2 wave verse full wave? It really stands out from my other lights.

the halfs and fulls i have turn off and on instantly. the halfs dont do a long fade as well as the full. for some reason they (the half waves) tend to have a small "bright" blink about 1/2 way through the fade..

does CDI even sell half waves??

Edited by CARS8