I'm not "laying low" for pete's sake! :mad: This is kind of a busy time of the year around here and also I have been gathering FACTS rather than having a knee jerk reaction to a few rather vocal individuals. Bear with me for a few more days. I will have an important announcement AFTER I work out a few more details. Also I will start a new thread so this doesn't get hidden in this thread. Rest assured I've not been in this busniess for 15 years by NOT STANDING behind my product and service!!!!! :eek:

Never said you wouldnt stand by your product if I thought that I wouldnt have bought even more leds 2 weeks ago. Infact earlier in this thread i praised you and told everyone to give you a chance. I was just curious on how this product came about the way it did there was no explanation on why we were never told of the change you never told us about this until after I posted a thread. If you would have told us that you were gathering even more facts rest assured people wouldnt have been posting what they posted. You gave an explanation a few weeks back on why the lights were changed but NEVER told us you were working on the problem. Thanks for talking to us about this issue!!

Edited by gsxr7500
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you would have told us that you were gathering even more facts rest assured people wouldnt have been posting what they posted. You gave an explanation a few weeks back on why the lights were changed but NEVER told us you were working on the problem. Thanks for talking to us about this issue!!

I think some of the differences between last year's lights and this year's are so subtle that they were just overlooked.

The problems with inop lights and the issue with the warm/cool whites are relatively new so he probably hasn't had a chance to resolve them yet.

Look at if this way: This thread is less than a month old and he's already told us that he's aware of the problem and will have more information in a few days. If we were talking about cars with failing brakes or exploding gas tanks, it would likely be several more months or years before we even knew we weren't the only one with the problem! ;)

Edited by ChuckHutchings

I'm going to leave these plugged in over the weekend and see what happens.

Eight-O-Clock and they are all still working! You CAN tell the cool from the warm white but it's not terrible.

Tomorrow I'm going to make an arch with them and report how they stand up to the ordeal and how they look when lit.

I think some of the differences between last year's lights and this year's are so subtle that they were just overlooked.

chuck that would be nice to believe. but i read about the new factory and such well before anyone recieved any lights. and i find it nearly impossible that a guy that has been selling lights for 15 years had no idea what he was selling. just doesnt make sense. ive been in retail for 25 years and you just dont do things like that!!

bill i wouldnt dare to say yes or no to the copyright thing. but if you have any 2007 CDI's compare them to some Diogens and you be the judge. seems the guy from china was all up on the copyright thing and was VERY careful with wording.

By "overlooked" I meant "thought to be irrelevant".

Other than the M5/M6 size thing I can't tell the difference. Try pulling one out. You have to really WANT to remove one to get it to budge and even then you might have to use pliers.

I'm not looking to argue about the situation, just stating my opinion. Why don't we wait until next week and see what Paul says?

Wow this make this hard. I was going to buy three case but if I wait til next week to see what CDI is going to do about the problems. I loose out on the sale. What do you guys think is it worth chancing as I can get more for my money from CDI then vs ledholidaylighting. I know they are both great companies just want more opinion from people that have bought from CDI.

Thanks Brandon

I was really feeling We missed out on the CDI pre order sale, but after reading this thread I no longer feel that way, We went with http://www.ledholidaylighting.com got some lights yesterday , we have gone through about half so far nothing wrong with theirs,very happy with them, now I have never owned a CDI set, therefore not familiar with them so this is just my two cents worth:)

I've ordered from Paul/CDI for the past couple years and I know he cares. During a sale of recieving container loads, I don't think any company would just start opening boxes to check every strand for proper color and such. I'm sure he relies on samples sent to him or verbal/writing of LED supplies from many companies for a 100% product.

I think Paul will make right as he has in the past. He just wouldn't blow it off.

I would not have ordered from him again if I wasn't please with the product or customer saticifaction of making things right in the past.

Again, he had a major order to fill and feel he is deep into fixing anyones concerns/orders as we speak.

Just my thoughts,

I was really feeling We missed out on the CDI pre order sale, but after reading this thread I no longer feel that way, We went with http://www.ledholidaylighting.com got some lights yesterday , we have gone through about half so far nothing wrong with theirs,very happy with them, now I have never owned a CDI set, therefore not familiar with them so this is just my two cents worth:)

hccguy,

First, the sale is not over (ends September 7th). Second, this is a topic about CDI so there is no reason adding/hijacking a sales pitch for another company. You can start a new topic on that. And third, your lights are just a few hours/days old (just babies). I hope they last in the elements during winter like CDIs LEDs have for me in the past.

And forth, if you've never owned CDI lights, why not save your 2 cents for the CDI sale :)?

Just my thoughts,

Edited by Santas Helper

whoa I did'nt mean to hijack this thread, I was talking about the earlier sale ,pre-order, I stated that I did not own any cdi lights , i was just saying that I had no problems with the lights I purchased ,Did not in no way mean to make anyone upset ,I am very sorry for doing so , I myself like -brandon-was thinking of waiting and ordering lights from cdi during this weekends sale, but decided against it when I saw some of the trouble , Again sorry:o

I ordered 24 strings of C6 Multi's 50 count for around my windows and borders and such. I so far have put 11 strings on PVC frames I built, no failures yet.

Of the 60 stings of M5 Multi's 100 count, I have gotten 20 strings attached to my Z tree, only 1 string failure, it just died about 3/4 of the way thru attaching it. Was so impressed with the vibrant colors, ordered 24 more strings.

I ordered a bunch of M5 100 and 50 count cool white strings for redoing my wireform 3D reindeer, the first string started flickering about half way thru attaching, and finally died, not sure if its a broken wire or an loose bulb. The next 2 100 count strings worked great, finished wiring the sleigh, started on a reindeer but lights started flickering on this string so gave up for the day, not sure if I should remove the string and start over with a new string, I would hate to have them fail after I have the deer on the roof.

Going to spend all of my "free" time over the next couple of weeks or so getting them all attached so if there are any more failures, it can be dealt with before time to setup for Christmas. I haven't been testing the lights strings until I take them out of the box to use so can't say for sure if there are any that are DOA. This is my first year ordering from Paul but from the partial lost shipment I had, CDI gives great customer support so far and I am sure will continue with great customer support.

First, the sale is not over (ends September 7th). Second, this is a topic about CDI so there is no reason adding/hijacking a sales pitch for another company. You can start a new topic on that. And third, your lights are just a few hours/days old (just babies). I hope they last in the elements during winter like CDIs LEDs have for me in the past.

And forth, if you've never owned CDI lights, why not save your 2 cents for the CDI sale :)?

Just my thoughts,

other brand lights and companies have been spoken about from start to present of this thread. nobody has done anything wrong or hijacked a thread. CDI did not start this thread. no need to send out the attack dogs!!

i own CDI lights. the 2007's are great!! they dont flicker, have different colors whites in one string, flat out not work, have removable bulbs, or smoke and spew brown gunt when plugged in. like the 2008's do. FACT

the message here is if you liked the 2007's they are identical (in my opinion, waiting for CDI or the guy from china to confirm or deny this) to the 2008 and earlier diogens. which hccguy ordered. (oh and by the way the pre order that hccguy was speaking of has been over for a LONG TIME) nothing wrong with that!! and in all honesty the people that should be and are concerned with their lights holding up to the weather are the ones that purchased the brand new style, unproven, silver plated , non sealed (for the first time ever) CDI's : )

maybe this thread should be closed as it looks like you cant discuss and or debate the facts without folks getting mean and nasty. and this is NOT the place for mean and nasty!!!

Edited by CARS8

Yeah. It's obviously a difference in the actual LED and NOT the lens as when they are unlit you can't tell the difference.

I think somebody at the factory was told to go get some white LEDs and came back with the wrong ones and just dumped them into a giant hopper. That's the only way to explain why some are all warm white but others are mixed.

Quoted from Innovalite:

"As for the colors of LED not being consistent, please kindly understand that we have to specify a range (color spectrum) when we purchase LED chips from our suppliers. However, what we can do is by minimizing that range to make the color falling within a smaller range as much as possible. There is no way that all the colors within the same string will be 100% identical, however, we have always put extra effort in the selection process to make the colors more consistent within the same strings."

i see its not closed : ( sooooo..

cool white to warm white in the same range?? i think what that quote means is all the warm whites wont be the same. not that they will mix warm and cool : ) i mean gee we all HAVE seen COOL vrs WARM whites havent we?? none of the lights can be 100% identical. but none of the strings should have bulbs within it 100% different. chucks problem is bulbs within a string. not comparing many strings of bulbs..

i see its not closed : ( sooooo..

cool white to warm white in the same range?? i think what that quote means is all the warm whites wont be the same. not that they will mix warm and cool : ) i mean gee we all HAVE seen COOL vrs WARM whites havent we?? none of the lights can be 100% identical. but none of the strings should have bulbs within it 100% different. chucks problem is bulbs within a string. not comparing many strings of bulbs..

Dude:

Get a life!!!! :mad:

thats why this thread should be closed!!! seems some people do not have the ability to discuss or explain. so they tend to move on to personal and attacks. what ever happened to " NO WHINING "

No Whining died with the 35th time of you bashing CDI - I'm really wondering what your true motive is.

Eight-O-Clock and they are all still working! You CAN tell the cool from the warm white but it's not terrible.

Tomorrow I'm going to make an arch with them and report how they stand up to the ordeal and how they look when lit.

The lights are still fine. It was quite breezy here today and they've been swaying around all over the place with no ill effect. (We even had a little rain.)

So far, so good!

No, they don't. I took a bundled string that didn't work and, following the suggestion that "jingling them" fixed them, dropped then on the ground from a height of about 2'. I saw them flicker so I continued to drop them.

After a few more attempts I finally started "augmenting" their downward velocity by throwing them at the ground. After a couple of times doing this, they finally lit up!

Hey this actually worked on a set. (For a few minutes I considered how cool this could look with wireframed reindeer and me in a Santa suit using the leds as a whip with them flickering with every snap.) Of course I wouldn't trust the set in my display but Paul didn't make me ship the bad sets back so lots of spare leds. Replacements will be here tomorrow. I don't know about the m5 but with the c7 the actual led under the diffuser stays in the socket extremely tight. I had to pry it out with a knife point and it was extremely difficult. i can't imagine water getting in.