Christmas Light Liquidation

I'm really ashamed of the PC community when I hear stuff like this.

Here's a newsflash, folks: If I'm selling MY stuff, it's up to me to set MY price and sell to whomever the fark I want. If I don't like you, I don't have to sell to you just because you PM'd me first and/or you're the highest bidder. I'm not a government entity, that has to go through a proper bidding process. I can decide to GIVE the lights away to someone just because I want to, or think she's cute, or just to annoy you.

Same goes with 'Trepidati0n'. It's his stuff. He can do what he wants with it.

Treat him politely, both publicly and privately, or just shut up.

It's also RUDE to PM people, and DEMAND a response. If you PM someone and they don't respond, there's a good chance they've either sold the item, are to busy to respond, or just don't like you and don't want to respond. Nobody OWES you a response, and certainly not in the timeframe of YOUR choosing.

(sorry for the rest of you who had to see this).

-Tim

Disclaimer: This was not directed toward anyone specifically who posted in this thread, but to anyone who may have sent a less-than-kind message, either publicly or privately, toward Trepidati0n. If that wasn't you, then I apologize for the tone of this message.

Edited by tfischer

The following is the transcript of the conversation:

I may be wrong but the quoting of pricing looked like an offer to sell to me.

-------------------------------------------------

tlangley2000

Default Re: MR16s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trepidati0n

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlangley2000

I would be interested in buying all you MR16s.

Would you take $200 for the lot?

Private Message: Re: MR16s

August 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Default Re: MR16s

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlangley2000

I would be interested in buying all you MR16s.

Would you take $200 for the lot?

Tom

20 red @ $3.40

20 green @ $4.65

20 blue @$3.85

$238.00 + $18.50 shipping + $7.75 PPfees = $264.25

I'll round it down to $260. If you are mailing a check take off the PP fees.

Forward Message

When I mail you payment I'll give you shipping information.

At you pleasure,

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------

It was days later when I got a PM response.

I now consider this lost and closed and no longer with monitor this thread.

I offered to buy ALL of the lights AND some extension cords and never received any replies or calls.... phone numbers were provided. Sure is strange to me... but that's ok-- I bought thousands locally from a very nice guy. I guess I was expecting something like "thank for you responding" or "I've decided not to sell them to you" or "the items have been sold, thanks for responding". It's no big deal, but a little common courtesy would not hurt anyone.

I will personally vouch for him. I bought all of the minis from this gentleman. He sold the lot to me because he didn't have to ship them which made perfect sense to me. Our transaction went off flawlessly. In fact, he went out of his way to help me. I'll bet he was inundated with PMs.

Al

I will personally vouch for him. I bought all of the minis from this gentleman. He sold the lot to me because he didn't have to ship them which made perfect sense to me. Our transaction went off flawlessly. In fact, he went out of his way to help me. I'll bet he was inundated with PMs.

Al

He could atleast post here to let us know his sale was over?

IM glad it went smooth, things just didnt seem consistant.

I agree too. I've PM'd him quite a few times. Most of you that I've dealt with have been nice enough to at least let us know that the sales over, or you've sold the product. Really, how long does it take? It took me 20 seconds to type this response.