PlanetChristmas Banner Contest

Hey everyone,

Chuck and I are holding a PlanetChristmas Banner Contest open to all PlanetChristmas Members. We know that there is a lot of talent on this forum and I am sure people can come up with a great banner for the top left of the forum.

Here are the rules:

1. Banner must be 350 pixels wide and 85 high
  2. Banners must be submitted by Sept. 30th 2008
  3. Please send your banners to: [email protected]
  4. The banner must be in .gif or jpg file format
If you wish to use any Planet Christmas Logos, go here: http://www.planetchristmas.com/Logos.htm#Logos

After the deadline, All of the banners will be displayed and the members can vote on there favorite banner. The winner will get full credit and the opportunity for his/her banner to be displayed for all to see.

Best of luck to everyone. Get designing!

Edited by kirkmbrown2001

The winner will get full credit and the opportunity for his/her banner to be displayed for all to see.

Say what? I was hoping for a new car ;) Or at least a PlanetChristmas Stress Ball! (The "you save $0.01" at that link made me chuckle out loud...)

Oh well -- I'm not very artistic but if I get bored in the next month maybe I'll throw something together...

Good luck all!

-Tim

P.S. I actually already have a PC stressball so I'm good to go :)

I'm having trouble with the tiny dimentions he asked for. When I convert a graphic to those dimentions, they are so small that they lose thier detail. I've sent in a request to be sure that is what they really want. I made about ten of them last night.

I'm having trouble with the tiny dimentions he asked for. When I convert a graphic to those dimentions, they are so small that they lose thier detail. I've sent in a request to be sure that is what they really want. I made about ten of them last night.

The trick is to not reduce it, but to designe it at it's final size. Using a program like Photoshop, you can view at a larger percent so you can tweak fine details, etc. but you won't lose clarity in conversion...

Regarding Jen's question -- not quite sure how to answer that (kind of like asking "how do I write the next Top 40 hit ;) ). A program, such as Photoshop or GiMP, that allows layers will make your life lots easier. Beyond that, it's kind of an artistic thing (and I'm not very artistic so I'm not trying to be an art-snob ;) )

-Tim

I figured out why mine were coming out so small. The Print Shop program does the converting AFTER the design is created, and it was changing my input of 500x85 to some tiny numbers. So Taking Tim's advice to start out creating it that way, I switched to Paint Shop Pro program and was able to create it starting out that size.

Now they look right! I've sent in quite a few. Hopefully some will look good enough to post.

Darlene

Say what? I was hoping for a new car ;) Or at least a PlanetChristmas Stress Ball! (The "you save $0.01" at that link made me chuckle out loud...)

I'm sure I can make sure the winner gets a PlanetChristmas ball cap or something to make it worth the effort. A new car might be a little over the top... unless it's a Hummer H1 that gets 6 miles to the gallon... heard they're pretty cheap right now ;)

I told my wife about the contest, she does scrapbooking called " Creative Memories" on the computer. She actually wants to enter one for the fun of it. I guess I need her to sign up, only members can win right?

Mike, you can enter your wife's banner. That's not a problem. I will take whatever enteries I can get.

I don't know why Chuck said 500x85 the real size from the first post is 350x85

Hope ya'll aren't makin them all the wrong size.

Here are the rules:

1. Banner must be 350 pixels wide and 85 high

2. Banners must be submitted by Sept. 30th 2008

3. Please send your banners to: [email protected]

4. The banner must be in .gif or jpg file format

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I can make sure the winner gets a PlanetChristmas ball cap or something to make it worth the effort. A new car might be a little over the top... unless it's a Hummer H1 that gets 6 miles to the gallon... heard they're pretty cheap right now ;)

Hey Chuck isn