Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
Philip

Sequencing for sale

well it's that time of year and getting into crunch mode

I'm offering myself up to help out with you sequencing needs

this is my second year with LOR and I've completed 20 songs for my own show and now just have to wait until setup time in the yard

until then I'm offering to help a few fellow PCers out

I'm figuring on $5 per minute of song

you'll need to send over your music file and LOR configuration file and I'll get it turned around as best as possible

PM me if interested

-Philip

ps I've got LOR2 installed, but don't have/use AL

I'm figuring on $5 per minute of song

Wow that's really cheap.

You might want to add a "per xx channels" there, though, since it's a lot easier to sequence for 8 channels than for 200 :)

Thanks for the offer...

-Tim

You might want to add a "per xx channels" there, though, since it's a lot easier to sequence for 8 channels than for 200 :)

-Tim

Too late! I accept his offer! (And, Philip, be sure to not turn on both snow machines simultaneously - give them a 5 second or so separation.) :P

Actually, I think more channels is actually easier. Of course, it probably depends on your configuration, but it doesn't necessarily add complexity. Once you have the timing down the rest falls into place. Mostly. ;)

Edited by ChuckHutchings

wow that's really cheap.

thanks for the offer...

-tim

sounds like a deal!! Where i sign up!!

Actually, I think more channels is actually easier.

Oh I agree, to the point that 80 channels is nowhere near 10x as hard as sequencing 8 channels. But I could still crank out an 8-channel sequence much quicker than an 80 channel one ;)

What really speeds things up is when you have logical groups of channels. For me I sequence the mega-tree (38 channels) as 'one unit', then lawn arches (48 channels) as an other 'unit', etc. By contrast, my icicle lights are 'one unit' and that's 4 channels, and that doesn't always take a lot shorter than the other units...

But I digress -- we shouldn't stomp on Phillip's thread!

-Tim

Edited by tfischer

Thanks for the kick in the head guys, let me add that this price will be good for up to 64 channels

for 65 to 96 channels it will be $15 per minute

more than 97 channels?? - pm me and we'll work somthing out

Oh and any time more than 15 seconds will be rounded up to the next minute

((so a song that's 3:10 will be considered 3 minutes, but if your song is 4:16 seconds it will be considered 5 minutes))

I contacted Philip last night about doing some sequencing for me. I sent him the file last night and he's already sent a sample of it back for approval. It looked great. If you're sequencing imparied, having Philip handle it for you is worth it money wise and frustration level wise. Job well done!

hummm u might wanna count me in on this

give me a PM i think i got some music i what u to do

Thanks for the kick in the head guys, let me add that this price will be good for up to 64 channels

for 65 to 96 channels it will be $15 per minute

more than 97 channels?? - pm me and we'll work somthing out

Oh and any time more than 15 seconds will be rounded up to the next minute

((so a song that's 3:10 will be considered 3 minutes, but if your song is 4:16 seconds it will be considered 5 minutes))

Actually thats pretty expensive. $15 per minute comes out to $900.00 per hour. You up in the lawyer rates. LOL

Great offer Philip!

Actually thats pretty expensive. $15 per minute comes out to $900.00 per hour. You up in the lawyer rates. LOL

Great offer Philip!

But he's charging per minute of sequenced time, not minute of his time...

Anyone who's ever sequenced before knows it takes many minutes (sometimes hours) to sequence a single minute of music...

-Tim

But he's charging per minute of sequenced time, not minute of his time...

Anyone who's ever sequenced before knows it takes many minutes (sometimes hours) to sequence a single minute of music...

-Tim

Thanks Tim.

I was joking. The last comment of my post however was a compliment.

Edited by WWNF911

Thanks Tim.

I was joking. The last comment of my post however was a compliment.

<insert smilie of joke going over Tim's head here> ;)

-Tim

Id say thats not a bad price, I was paid $200 to do a custom sequence for someone, but he needed it done in 24 hrs. I spent about 7 hours on it, about a days pay.

You may want to do a search because there was someone on here about a month ago who was asking for this very service because he didn't have the time. good luck and happy sequencing

Hi folks,

I've gotten quite a few requests and am working diligently but realized that I under sold myself on my pricing.

That's ok I can lve with it.

I am however making a slight adjustment which will not affect those who have already contacted me or those I'm working with who want additional sequencing.

The new adjusted rates are as follows...

1-16 channels == $5 per minute

17-64 channels == $10 per minute

65-112 channels == $15 per minute

113+ channels == pm me for a quote

all work is being done mostly on a first come first serve basis (if you have 16 channels on a one minte song, I might squeeze you in front of the line though -:) )

Thanks guys,

Philip

Hi all. Just wanted to post a kudos for Philip. I just got back two sequences that he did for me. He did a great job and I've very happy with them. I can't wait to see them in action in this year's show.

Thanks Philip!

Well, I've sequenced about 20 new songs for some folks here in the past few weeks and am down to the last handful. It looks like I'll be able to handle a few more before I get into putting up my own lights and all the testing and checking that goes into that.

If there's anyone still out there fretting over getting thier sequencing done AND setting up thier display I'll still available for a short while to help out.

all my info and rates are the same as the last time I posted but changed slightly from the original post. more info can be found on my site...

http://www.PyleHolidays.net/seq.html

Cheers,

Philip