Walmart Mini Light Prices Unchanged

circus4u

We only have about 20 pallets of Christmas in so far, so I don't know what all will be arriving. I saw some crystaline items there -- gift boxes, animated deer family, etc. Didn't have time to explore much today, but believe they were lit with LEDs.

Last year, I think the minis started at $2.29 and were reduced to $2.00 to compete with the other stores.

Two Lowe's stores here in the Greensboro area started putting out Christmas lights and merchandise yesterday. The price for 100 count minis this season is $2.48. They did not have any LED's out yesterday but said they would be displayed sometime over the weekend.

He has a very good point about length. I have started going around to compare prices and lengths. I want to use mini lights to outline my roof and therefor have been looking at the lengths as well as prices. You would be surprised at how much the length plays a difference in cost effectiveness. Dont forget to factor in how many lights are per foot. A string of minis that are 100 count and cover only 10 feets will have a lot of lights in those 10 feets.

Just a heads up. Last year Lowe's had 100ct minis both clear & multi that they were selling for $1.29 each.

The lighted length was 19' I believe with a 2' leader. If your looking for minis and this length will work for you, this is a really good deal. That is, if they carry them again this year?

These lights are exactly the sameas their boxed lights in almost every way with the exception that they come in a plastic bag and are a few feet shorter in length,most of that is in the leader length.

Shows you how much a pretty box and a few feet of wire can impact the price.

I think people were afraid to buy them thinking they must be of lesser quality ,because last year they had tons left over even after they sold all the boxed lights on clearance.

I bought something like 65 bags for $.29 each. I should have bought them all.

I was in the backroom at work today and noticed all the Christmas stuff that had come in. You will be happy to know that the mini light prices for 100 count string is still $2.00.

Humm When do most walmarts start putting chritstmas stuff out?

I need some clear 100 strands for halloween.

If the prices remained the same, double check the length. While still 100 bulbs, I'll be the length has been reduced a couple of feet.

Don't be surprised if they are down to 20 feet or less.

Can't check the length yet as the strings are still in the cases and mixed in the pallets. They probably are shorter in length though, as most people just look at how many bulbs are on the string when they buy them.

Wow!

Walmart here has the 100 mini lights in clear or multi for 7.84!

Guess I'll wait or make a trip south

Geoff

Are you sure those are the incandescent mini lights and not LEDs? We had some LEDs in the backroom also, but I wasn't able to easily see the prices on those yet.

Humm When do most walmarts start putting chritstmas stuff out?

I need some clear 100 strands for halloween.

certainly before halloween... i remember getting 36 boxes of 100ct green mini's last year and the cashier asked me if it was for a halloween display, and when i said, no Christmas, i got quite a weird look for buying lights "too early"

Colin

These lights are exactly the sameas their boxed lights in almost every way with the exception that they come in a plastic bag and are a few feet shorter in length,most of that is in the leader length.

Shows you how much a pretty box and a few feet of wire can impact the price.

I think people were afraid to buy them thinking they must be of lesser quality ,because last year they had tons left over even after they sold all the boxed lights on clearance.

I bought something like 65 bags for $.29 each. I should have bought them all.

I did end up buying "all" of those at the Lowes locally last year...the problem was that there weren't too many of those left. :P Hopefully they will do that again. Kinda like buying a bag of cereal vs a box of cereal...it's still cereal. (Now if only I could convince my kids... :rolleyes: )

I don't think I used them...thanks for the reminder, I might have them stored and forgot about them. WooHoo! I can start on my leaping arches today! (I hope.)

rns

Are you sure those are the incandescent mini lights and not LEDs? We had some LEDs in the backroom also, but I wasn't able to easily see the prices on those yet.

Hi Denny, Yes they were incand.

The LED C7's were on for 14 and change.

C6 raspberry style 75 count in white was 19 dollars.

Yikes. I hope this price drops after Halloween

Geoff

...Walmart here has the 100 mini lights in clear or multi for 7.84! ...

that seems either really expensive for incandescents or really cheap for a 100ct of LEDs

I agree Philip.

Their LED prices are way out there too.

Giant Tiger here usually puts them out for about 7 dollars in red white and blue for 70 count LED. Not full wave though. 3 Years so far and no major issues.

Geoff