My New Location for 2008

The Electrician is coming next week to figure out how we are going to hook up 20 dedicated circuits without outdoor outlets in the middle of the trees.

Oh my - You really have to start thinking about LEDs.

Sounds like you need an additional digit in the "total" listed at the bottom of your electric bill during the month of December. :)

Edited by B_Regal78
  • 3 weeks later...

Update

Things are going well with the display. We have been working non-stop and we have spent about 30+ hours each just wrapping trees. I say we because chris516 who is a member here is helping me this year. He has put in just as much time as I have wrapping trees and he has been a tremendous help. I couldn't have pulled this off without his help. Thanks Chris!

Here is a picture of Chris in the Man life.

chris-on-lift.jpg

In the photo you can see the new location for the Bethlehem Star. We started with a 10' fence pole with a fitting sleeve that allows you to put another pole inside. I cut about 2 feet off the pipe with a pipe cutter and bolted it to the star. We then mounted the pole in the pine tree with pipe clamps and then slide the star onto the pipe. It worked really well and should hold up.

The snow flakes that I use to have on my house are all mounted on a tall tree to give a similar effect.

We were able to get a Man Lift donated for one day to the display and we took advantage of it. We picked it up the night before at 4:30 and brought it back and used it for a couple hours and then today we started at 8am and were putting up lights non-stop until 10pm and still did not get everything done that we need the lift for. There is one large tree left that we might be able to climb up and get done but if not, we may need to rent the lift for another day.

Here is a another picture of the lift.

richard-on-lift-01.jpg

It was nice to be able to put lights all the way up these tall trees. A lot of the trees though have not dropped their leaves so it was kind of paint putting Christmas Lights on trees with leaves still on them.

Adding two more arches so there will be a total of 6 now.

Everything should go live the day after Thanksgiving.

That is an interesting expression on my face in the pic you posted above. lol :D

Yep, we have been working really hard to get everything done in time for the day after Thanksgiving(28th).

We are just about done with wrapping all of the trees. Time to add in the arches and other miscellaneous things.

It is going to look Awesome once everything is complete. Thank you, Richard for letting me help. :)

Chris

Chris, I just wanted to say thanks man for helping Richard out. It gived me great pleasure to see people especially teenagers helping out. My youngest is 16, and my daughter is 22, and there is no way that I could do this without them. Once again, you and all the other "young ones" on PC make us very proud!!!!

Chris, I just wanted to say thanks man for helping Richard out. It give me great pleasure to see people especially teenagers helping out. My youngest is 16, and my daughter is 22, and there is no way that I could do this without them. Once again, you and all the other "young ones" on PC make us very proud!!!!

Thanks and Your Welcome. I have always loved Christmas and decorating for Christmas. Over the last few years my display has gotten bigger and bigger, not as big as most people on here.(but I want to get to that point) Then last year I found this place and this is the best place to be for this hobby.

I found out about Richard's display back in 2006 and loved it. It just so happened that we got an opportunity to move out here to Utah this fall and about a week and a 1/2 before we moved Richard posted up about needing people to help with the display. So I contacted him about helping and he said sure. I'am so psyched to be working with Richard. It is/has been a lot of fun working together. 9 Days until show time. :D

Thanks and Your Welcome. I have always loved Christmas and decorating for Christmas. Over the last few years my display has gotten bigger and bigger, not as big as most people on here.(but I want to get to that point) Then last year I found this place and this is the best place to be for this hobby.

I found out about Richard's display back in 2006 and loved it. It just so happened that we got an opportunity to move out here to Utah this fall and about a week and a 1/2 before we moved Richard posted up about needing people to help with the display. So I contacted him about helping and he said sure. I'am so psyched to be working with Richard. It is/has been a lot of fun working together. 9 Days until show time. :D

A big thank you to Chris for helping me out this year. I can't believe the amount of time that he has put in helping me with the display. It would not have been possible to pull off (well, we are still trying to pull it off hopefully by Dec 1st) without his help.

I saw on Richard's site today that tonight he will be up and running. Only one song though. I am dying to see some pictures, teaser video, something. I am so excited and I am 2,000 miles away. My IDOL lights up tonight. I sound like a little girl getting her first barbie doll for Christmas. Santa does exist. Thank you Richard.

www.holdman.com/christmas

I saw on Richard's site today that tonight he will be up and running. Only one song though. I am dying to see some pictures, teaser video, something. I am so excited and I am 2,000 miles away. My IDOL lights up tonight. I sound like a little girl getting her first barbie doll for Christmas. Santa does exist. Thank you Richard.

www.holdman.com/christmas

Ditto!!!!!!! :D

What's taking him so long to put up a video...LOL

Richard is working on sequencing more songs. Plus we haven't quite figured out how we are going to video it because it is so long(about a 100ft wide and on a curve).

Patience, pictures and videos will be coming soon. :D

Chris

I hope to get some pictures and video up soon. I am not so sure I like this years display more than last years. There is something about having a house in the Christmas Display were this year it is a bunch of trees. It still looks good but it kind of hard to compare.

I have 4 songs running now and I am just pretty much adapting my songs from last year to this years display. I have some ideas for some interesting elements for next year that will remain a secret. :)

I got a really late start and did not even know where I was going to be doing it until the last few weeks of October.

Chris and I had about 80% of the display set up and I didn't even have a single song sequenced or knew how many channels everything was going to take and what trees we were going to use.

Edited by RichardH

I have 4 songs running now and I am just pretty much adapting my songs from last year to this years display. I have some ideas for some interesting elements for next year that will remain a secret. :)

Does anyone find it funny Richard is adapting his own sequences? As so many of us are doing the same this year? (myself included). Oh the irony.

Hey Richard is anyone from your neighborhood begging for you to bring it back to your house yet? Can't wait to see the video's!

Mr.Holdman, I just want you to know, you were the inspiration for my family to do the animated lighting. Im sure your show on the trees will be good, but its a shame they won't be at your home anymore. You have a beautifl home that made a wonderful backdrop for you lighting.. Your Amazing Grace Preview Pic before the video is worthy of being on a post card.

Good luck sir with this years lights.. I can't wait to see the video..

When I first started reading this post I didn't realize who it was about, call me slow. LOL

Anyway sorry to hear that the wonderful Holdman show had to go on the road. Glad to hear that you found another spot, and know with your talent this location will be awesome. Looking forward to seeing video of the new display.

Counting the days, maybe years until I can get a light show going.

Best of luck,

Dan