I was in my Home Depot on Friday picking up some plywood for a couple of projects and stopped to ckeckout thier Halloween and portential Christmas decor only to find two complete rows of EMPTY shelves - They had absolutely NOTHING! Our Lowes has had an endcap of Halloween stuff and that's it, a pretty pitiful selection. Then, on Saturday night the wife sent me to Walmart to pick up an airmattress for my nephew who was spending the night. I escaped the house alone and figured I'd check out that store too. They had tons of halloween candy and costumes, but next to nothing in the realm of decor and lights - and of course the only Christmas stuff they had out was a section of wrapping paper and Christmas cards in the lawn center.

Man! I was bummed by the sad sad sad selection :(:(

anyone else notice a decline in Halloween goods this year or is it just my area??

I have noticed that the Walgreens & CVS pharmacys have only a few boxes of lights this year. This will guarantee that there probably wont be much if any come clearance time.

Maybe they are getting smart, I hope they don't follow suit with Christmas or were all in trouble.

Ahh, I think its just still september, but not for long. Most stores around here(AZ) get the bulk of the Christmas stuff out after Halloween.

I think its really up the particular store manager.

I asked one of the stock guys at Lowes why they had stuff out so early and he said "We always put it out around this time" but that's malarky. They didn't have anything out last year until after Halloween (as you noted.)

Lowes is the same here in Jersey. End cap of Halloween and a couple of rows of Christmas stuff. Anyone see the new LED trees? There are three in total w/ small white globes w/ 3 LED colors. First glance $250 was a bit much, but I saw that they are animated to some songs. Still, big $$ for something I would presume would not last...

I was in my Home Depot on Friday picking up some plywood for a couple of projects and stopped to ckeckout thier Halloween and portential Christmas decor only to find two complete rows of EMPTY shelves - They had absolutely NOTHING! Our Lowes has had an endcap of Halloween stuff and that's it, a pretty pitiful selection. Then, on Saturday night the wife sent me to Walmart to pick up an airmattress for my nephew who was spending the night. I escaped the house alone and figured I'd check out that store too. They had tons of halloween candy and costumes, but next to nothing in the realm of decor and lights - and of course the only Christmas stuff they had out was a section of wrapping paper and Christmas cards in the lawn center.

Man! I was bummed by the sad sad sad selection :(:(

anyone else notice a decline in Halloween goods this year or is it just my area??

Phil, I feel your pain. However I was in the local Meards for "supplies" today and they have loads up. And lots of room for more, looks like they are to have more than ever before. Huge supply of LED's

If this holds out, we in the Northland may have to go on a buying spree and ship some care packages south. Not since Katrina have I felt such an urge to help another human being out so much.

I have been checking all of the locale stores (southeast VA) and so far garden ridge and 2 Home Depots are the only stores with everything out. The kmarts have started but not too much is out. Walmart has next to nothing as well and almost not halloween out. They have the halloween still on pallets in the garden center.

My Lowes is about to make a lot of money off of me. I am about to purchase 500 sets of 100 ct minis. At $2.50/box, that is $1250 plus tax. I am a little disappointed that they went up 50 cents this year, but what can you do?

I would ask the manager about a price break, Its possible.

adding insult on top of all this, I was in Home Depot this morning pickung up a few things and there is still NO seasonal decor on the shelves, I gave up and asked the customer service lady if they even recieved any halloween stuff and she told me it would be put out in October which I reminded her started today. She mentioned that they were doing inventory and the manager wasn't putting any new stock out until sometime next week or the week after. What a bone head thing to do.

My mom was in Walmart yesterday, and checked the Seasonal. She said it still had clearance stuff in it...no Christmas yet! Last year, she bought me lights and stuff for my birthday--Sept. 1! But, my brother was at Menards yesterday and said they have lots of Christmas stuff out... I wonder what's happening?! Maybe Walmart figures they can make more on the non-christmas inventory and extend the changeover date even more! Because, if you think about it, who really buys Christmas stuff in the middle of September besides us geeks??? lol

You must give them a break because of inventory. A good friend of mine is a department manager at HD and she tells me all of the poop they have to do for inventory. Its a two days process for the counting alone. The prep for it takes 6 weeks easy. All of their additional manpower is going to prep for the inventory. Dont worry, as soon as inventory is over it will take them just two nites to put up christmas items and you will love it. They have some nice stuff.

You must give them a break because of inventory. A good friend of mine is a department manager at HD and she tells me all of the poop they have to do for inventory. Its a two days process for the counting alone. The prep for it takes 6 weeks easy. All of their additional manpower is going to prep for the inventory. Dont worry, as soon as inventory is over it will take them just two nites to put up christmas items and you will love it. They have some nice stuff.

I understand about inventory being a pain, as I worked 5 years of reatail many moons ago. I also understand about waiting to put out the Christmas stuff, but here we are already in October and they are holding out on putting the Halloween stuff on the shelves too, just doesn't seem to make much sense when everystore in town has the stuff out - including the grocery store