Going to Restore

nymark313

Ok, I am going to restore a few of my Giant Poloron Choir Figures.

I want to make them look as original as posisible.

What Paint should I use for the red and gold? I am gonna keep the flesh color, and redo the hair for the blonde girl and brown hair boy. Any thoughts on colors and by what manufacturer, I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Mark

Hi there i seen your post and as you know i just redid 4 of these. THe paint i used was Krylon Fusion and i used the bright red , yellow, brown, and i used the krylon Pure GOld. Most all good name brand Golds will work ive never had any trouble with any of them. GOod luck Ill post a pic of my repaints for you as well. They are fun to do. :D

post-9005-129571067243_thumb.jpg

Mark, I use a product made by 3M. Its called Safest Stripper. Its very easy to use, doesn't damage the plastic at all either. You can buy it at Ace or over the internet. I believe some Tru Values also carry it.

I have also redone Poloron peeps. I used Krylon for plastic paint. I don't recommend the Rustoleum Plastic paint, I found it to be inferior to Krylon in respect to adhesion. Color wise, you don't have much of a choice, use the bright red, brown for the boy's hair. You have a blond girl, get the brighter of the two yellows available (one is very pale). Gold is tricky. Krylon for Plastic doesn't come in a gold paint. When I redid mine, I used a gold spray paint but sprayed it into the cap and lightly brushed it on (use a circular stroke, you won't get brush streaks). The gold paints are not at all transparent so if you put it on too thick, the light will be blocked. If you do decide to spray, go easy and mask well.

If you want more information, PM me your email address. I can send you a booklet on this.

I used the same Krylon also except the gold, I use is Plasti-Kote. I love Dad's stripper if you can find it. Comes with a spray bottle velcroed on the side of the can. In my opinion it's the easiest and best to work with. Good luck and let's see the pics.

Questie used the Kryon...newbie at this sooooo...I have used the Kryon fusion paint for things like shutters, etc...great stuff! Can the lights used in the blow mold shine/glow thru the reds, greens, etc?

A picture is worth a thousand words they say :))

Questie used the Kryon...newbie at this sooooo...I have used the Kryon fusion paint for things like shutters, etc...great stuff! Can the lights used in the blow mold shine/glow thru the reds, greens, etc?

Sure does!

(Note: the Santa was a combination of Krylon for Plastic (red is Krylon) and Createx transparent paints)

post-95-129571067809_thumb.jpg

post-95-129571067982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carrie Sansing