Has anyone seen one of these?

I bought this decoration about 3 years ago at an antique store. It's made of styrofoam and it's painted. It's about 3 feet long and hangs on the wall. I don't know how old it is or the maker since there is no name on it. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I haven't seen one other than this one.:confused:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought this decoration about 3 years ago at an antique store. It's made of styrofoam and it's painted. It's about 3 feet long and hangs on the wall. I don't know how old it is or the maker since there is no name on it. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I haven't seen one other than this one.:confused:

I would wager a guess as to the late 50's or possibly sometime in the early to mid 60's. I remember my mother having a lot of those when I was a kid hanging a few of them on our Christmas Tree (near the top) and quite a lot of others on the walls around the house (dining room, living room areas).

I'm not really sure where they came from, but do know she bought a lot of Christmas Decor from the now defunct W.T. Grant, McCrory, Miller and Woolworth stores. So the ones we had could have come from any of these stores.

Other than that, I wouldn't really have a clue as to how old anything like your hanging ornament would be. Because there's still a good chance it could have been made earlier than the late 50's.